PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest American Film disaster of 2012

Carygrant
12-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Team GB hasn't forgotten Clunt Easter's disaster speech at the Republican Party endorsement convention. Just voted greatest horror moment of the year --- the drunk old soak . Toby a commentator from the general public summarises it all nicely . Sounds like he knows quite a few of the barmy extremists here

Clint gives ‘weird’ speech at Republican Convention
When Clint Eastwood was booked to appear in support of presidential hopeful Mitt Romney at the Republican convention, you can bet the candidate wasn’t expecting a mumbling surrealist rant and an invisible Barack Obama. In just 11 short minutes, legendary hardman Clint took his 60-year career and flung it over a rainbow. Was he disorganised, disorientated or just drunk? No one knows - but it was without doubt the strangest Hollywood story of 2012.

http://socialprofiles.zenfs.com/images/b5c28f09f0cc209cba40cc894d607bc2_48.jpeg

Toby (http://profile.yahoo.com/YE3Z2T6U5QZAO55SBHCL4KDD2I) • 5 hours ago Report Abu (http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/top-10-strangest-movie-stories-of-2012-153017538.html#) Clint Eastwood has a severe medical condition called 'Republicanism'.
It starts with a compunction to lie through your teeth. It then develops rapidly to an insatiable desire to see impoverished people die without medical attention on the streets of America. Once the affliction has developed to a paranoia about the validity foreign cultures, it's only a few days away from feeling compelled to carry a loaded gun and being 'called by the voice of God' to invade (usually Muslim or Communist) countries. In its final stages, Republicanism sufferers give in completely to self-delusion and dreams of world domination. It's not uncommon for the afflicted to talk to inanimate objects such as chairs, or Republican Presidential Nominees.Reply (http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/top-10-strangest-movie-stories-of-2012-153017538.html#)

Peter1469
12-23-2012, 05:03 PM
I thought it was strange, but then I got it. It was brilliant; I would expect that Statists are baffled over it.

Chris
12-23-2012, 05:19 PM
I thought it was strange, but then I got it. It was brilliant; I would expect that Statists are baffled over it.

"My mother, who was sitting by, look'd up, but she knew no more than her backside what my father meant,—but my uncle, Mr. Toby Shandy, who had been often informed of the affair,—understood him very well."
~Laurence Sterne, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman

(Trying desperately to tie into the topic, whatever it may be, via "Toby".)

For example: "Republicanism is the ideology of governing a nation as a republic, where the head of state is appointed by means other than heredity, often through elections. The exact meaning of republicanism varies depending on the cultural and historical context. The term "republic" may indicate 'rule by many people and by law', as opposed to monarchy, or arbitrary rule by one person." @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republicanism.

So what is Toby ranting about.

Carygrant
12-23-2012, 07:02 PM
"My mother, who was sitting by, look'd up, but she knew no more than her backside what my father meant,—but my uncle, Mr. Toby Shandy, who had been often informed of the affair,—understood him very well."
~Laurence Sterne, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman

(Trying desperately to tie into the topic, whatever it may be, via "Toby".)

For example: "Republicanism is the ideology of governing a nation as a republic, where the head of state is appointed by means other than heredity, often through elections. The exact meaning of republicanism varies depending on the cultural and historical context. The term "republic" may indicate 'rule by many people and by law', as opposed to monarchy, or arbitrary rule by one person." @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republicanism.

So what is Toby ranting about.

Don't worry about Toby , Chris . First , find out what you mean yourself most of the time !!

The British respond immediately , using ingrained rules and mores to what they see and hear ; rather than desperately first trying to work out a person's defining political label before then trying to work out non existent sub texts --- and all before replying .
Toby took Clunt literally and realised there was no intended satire or deep meaning . Correctly in my imo .
Clunt was just being different for it's own sake , but had forgotten to link a connection between his choice of so called surrealism and the dialogue .
Just being different is not enough in itself . That's one huge mark of second rate non representative art .

Chris
12-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Don't worry about Toby , Chris . First , find out what you mean yourself most of the time !!

The British respond immediately , using ingrained rules and mores to what they see and hear ; rather than desperately first trying to work out a person's defining political label before then trying to work out non existent sub texts --- and all before replying .
Toby took Clunt literally and realised there was no intended satire or deep meaning . Correctly in my imo .
Clunt was just being different for it's own sake , but had forgotten to link a connection between his choice of so called surrealism and the dialogue .
Just being different is not enough in itself . That's one huge mark of second rate non representative art .

IOW, since I can't begin to take your word as definitive of the British, you, in your opinion, and toby, in his rant, take what ever American liberal straw men the media feeds you, lap it up and dutifully attack them.

Did you ever say where you got your degree in psychoanalyzing? You invent a motive, a straw man, and then attack it. You probably pat your own back for the cleverness of it all.

GrumpyDog
12-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Next act:

http://www.colourbox.com/preview/2034953-851092-old-fashioned-empty-glass-bottle-on-wooden-table.jpg

Clint discussion with empty bottle on empty table about the direction the Republican party should go, depending on where the bottle stops, after Clint spins it.

Carygrant
12-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Did you ever say where you got your degree in psychoanalyzing?

I did not say because my FIRST degree was in Psychology and not Psychiatry , which I suspect you meant.
However , having being involved in Psychotherapy much later , I was involved with personal development /assessment with a psychiatrist ( mandatory over here ).

Chris
12-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I did not say because my FIRST degree was in Psychology and not Psychiatry , which I suspect you meant.
However , having being involved in Psychotherapy much later , I was involved with personal development /assessment with a psychiatrist ( mandatory over here ).

It was a rhetorical question, cary. Psychoanalysis is separate from both psychology and psychiatry. http://www.guidetopsychology.com/psypsy.htm So much for your degree.

Chris
12-26-2012, 03:44 PM
It's ironic how if Clint was so meaningless some of you are still griping about him.

zelmo1234
12-26-2012, 03:50 PM

Isn't that sweet, they told you that psychotherapy was manditory to make you feel better! So how is it working out for you, you still seem kind of nuts to us?

And I am wondering what your obsession with our country is????

zelmo1234
12-26-2012, 03:52 PM

I thnk you need to go back, your Karma number is pretty low? In think that people don't seem to understand you very well. Matbe more therapy would help you become a better person!

Deadwood
12-26-2012, 04:01 PM

:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::s miley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smi ley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:

What institution of higher learning granted that degree? The University of Venus?

Right, an illiterate troll who is driven by resentment and envy has a degree in psychology and whatever is psychiatry...

:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::s miley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smi ley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smile y_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_RO FLMAO:

Right....

I love the internet, where even hair covered, illiterate trolls can present themselves an geniuses ...

Trinnity
12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
What a stupid thread. Figures~

Carygrant
12-27-2012, 03:29 AM
What a stupid thread. Figures~

I also couldn't figure out why you bothered to return to the place where you dive bombed so badly .
Weren't you the one who promised to kill yourself if the Misfit didn't win by five clear points ? When do you plan to deliver?
Your judgement record leaves everything to be desired .