PDA

View Full Version : US courtb rules in favour if randy dentist

Awryly
12-24-2012, 01:38 AM
If it is not enough the dopey US Supreme Court has ruled that money is free speech, an Iowan court has just ruled that a woman who had worked for him for 10 years had suddenly made a dentist (do dentists get erections?) too randy to cope with her; and was justified in sacking her for being too attractive.

IOWA CITY, Iowa -A dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant that he found attractive simply because he and his wife viewed the woman as a threat to their marriage, the all-male Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
The court ruled 7-0 that bosses can fire employees they see as an "irresistible attraction," even if the employees have not engaged in flirtatious behavior or otherwise done anything wrong. Such firings may be unfair, but they are not unlawful discrimination under the Iowa Civil Rights Act because they are motivated by feelings and emotions, not gender, Justice Edward Mansfield wrote.
An attorney for Fort Dodge dentist James Knight said the decision, the first of its kind in Iowa, is a victory for family values because Knight fired Melissa Nelson in the interest of saving his marriage, not because she was a woman.

I've got to say it.

You people are simply total bloody lunatics.

Peter1469
12-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Employment is typically at will. The employee can quit for any reason. The employer can terminate for any reason, other than protected reasons like gender, religion, and age.

hanger4
12-24-2012, 07:13 AM
If it is not enough the dopey US Supreme Court has ruled that money is free speech, an Iowan court has just ruled that a woman who had worked for him for 10 years had suddenly made a dentist (do dentists get erections?) too randy to cope with her; and was justified in sacking her for being too attractive.

I've got to say it.

You people are simply total bloody lunatics.

Something happens you find "dopey" so it becomes "You people",

So "you people" as in all girls between 13 to 15 years of age in NZ have a deteriorating sense of values and alcohol problems.

This terrible report from Hamilton in New Zealand reveals the gradually deteriorating sense of values of the world. It seems a bunch of teenagers, all girls between 13 to 15 years of age, had stripped a man in his apartment. Then they stuffed the clothes in his mouth to gag him and later beat him up and tortured him in every possible way. They cut off his hair and humiliated him. The man had to get medical treatment for his injuries.
A couple of months earlier, a drunken 13-year of girl hit a 73-year old dairy owner on his head to knock him out and steal cigarettes and chocolates!!

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/10000531-degrading-attack-by-a-15year-old-girl

Carygrant
12-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Employment is typically at will. The employee can quit for any reason. The employer can terminate for any reason, other than protected reasons like gender, religion, and age.

No, No , No .
That is not the type of society decent people want or deserve .
Both sides need protection against genuine and deliberate mistakes .
Civvy street must never work like the Military used to and still partly does .

Peter1469
12-24-2012, 07:31 AM
No, No , No .

I was referring to US employment law.

In some cases there are employment contracts that provide more protection, but limit options.

I prefer at-will employment; that way if I want to move, I can. No problem.

Captain Obvious
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM

Exactly. These are pretty simple cases to understand if you understand the law. Typically no reason is given when someone is fired because you don't need to provide a specific reason.

Because that's how it works.

What is alluded is the subsequent story that comes out which is sensationalized, printed and dim wits everywhere read it and shit the bed in unison.

Because that's what they do.

Viscous cycle.

Carygrant
12-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Forget the crap .
What happens when someone is victimised ?
What happens when the boss is actually a nasty type , mean and vindictive ?
In the quoted case --- assuming the report is accurate , the verdict seems ludicrous .So crazy that I would require independent facts confirmation .
But the underlying principles are surely more important than the absurd ruling in one very strange case .

Mister Dee , concentrate . No difficult words or ebullient prose .

Captain Obvious
12-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Forget the crap .
In the quoted case --- assuming the report is accurate , the verdict seems ludicrous .So crazy that I would require independent facts confirmation .
But the underlying principles are surely more important than the absurd ruling in one very strange case .

Considering you have never been in a position of managing subordinates I would understand why this concept eludes you.

Most concepts elude you but that's another story.

Subordinates can be very petty and political, and if they have tools at their disposal they will use them which is why the law is designed to be fair in cases where there is true discrimination and cases where subordinates are acting out of retaliation.

Manage a business office full of middle aged women. They can be controlling, undermining and petty. Some of them, not all of them.

Peter1469
12-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Forget the crap .

A big type of employment discrimination in the US since the recession is age discrimination. If you work for an employer with say 100 employees and 15 are laid off because of the economy, if all of the 15 were the older employees (typically more senior and paid more) then those 15 would have a case to sue for age discrimination. Age is one of the protected classes for which an American worker can't be fired for. If the company rehires some of those positions with younger workers, the case is a slam dunk.

Captain Obvious
12-24-2012, 10:45 AM
A big type of employment discrimination in the US since the recession is age discrimination. If you work for an employer with say 100 employees and 15 are laid off because of the economy, if all of the 15 were the older employees (typically more senior and paid more) then those 15 would have a case to sue for age discrimination. Age is one of the protected classes for which an American worker can't be fired for. If the company rehires some of those positions with younger workers, the case is a slam dunk.

And the trifecta (a word that Cary understands btw) of discrimination is being a woman, over 40 and a minority.

Untouchable.

Peter1469
12-24-2012, 10:50 AM
True.

Mister D
12-24-2012, 10:56 AM
And the trifecta (a word that Cary understands btw) of discrimination is being a woman, over 40 and a minority.

Untouchable.

Even one of those is a headache for an employer these days.

Chris
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Something happens you find "dopey" so it becomes "You people",

So "you people" as in all girls between 13 to 15 years of age in NZ have a deteriorating sense of values and alcohol problems.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/10000531-degrading-attack-by-a-15year-old-girl

Good point, how one court ruling gets overgeneralized to "you people" says more about how illogical the poster is.

Chris
12-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Forget the crap .

So crazy that I would require independent facts confirmation .

Why don't you do that, look into the case, the facts, before you draw a conclusion.

Chris
12-24-2012, 11:49 AM

Untouchable.

Triumvirate, damn it!

Awryly
12-24-2012, 05:50 PM

The dentist's wife found out he had been shagging someone far more gorgeous than her for 10 years.

The Iowa court agreed that any dentist who faces a matrimonial property division because he shagged his assistant - no matter how long he shagged her - should be able to sack her for her shagability in order to preserve traditional family values and avoid an expensive bunfight with his wife.

I think I got that right. :rollseyes:

zelmo1234
12-24-2012, 06:34 PM
No, No , No .

You are right this is the way that society works for FREE people.

Awryly
12-24-2012, 06:40 PM
You are right this is the way that society works for FREE people.

Especially dentists who shag their assistants, eh?

zelmo1234
12-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Especially dentists who shag their assistants, eh?

You may have posted a link to the story, but there is great news for the Assistant, if in fact he was shagging her, that is sexual harrasment, and she can cash in big enough to never have to work again???

If not then she was an at will employee and she could be let go?

Awryly
12-24-2012, 06:50 PM
You may have posted a link to the story, but there is great news for the Assistant, if in fact he was shagging her, that is sexual harrasment, and she can cash in big enough to never have to work again???

If not then she was an at will employee and she could be let go?

I would not go into the law if I were you.

Stick to what you know best. :deadhorse:

zelmo1234
12-24-2012, 06:53 PM
So now you are an expert on US civil law????

Awryly
12-24-2012, 07:05 PM
So now you are an expert on US civil law????

You have law in your country?

I thought SCOTUS was there merely as an entertainment for the masses and as an instrument of aggrandisement for the Koch brothers.

zelmo1234
12-24-2012, 07:07 PM
You have law in your country?

I thought SCOTUS was there merely as an entertainment for the masses and as an instrument of aggrandisement for the Koch brothers.

You might like the other multi billionaire that like to peddle his influence George Soros' He might be more to your liking!

Awryly
12-24-2012, 07:09 PM
You might like the other multi billionaire that like to peddle his influence George Soros' He might be more to your liking!

He would be the billionaire who fruitlessly promotes democracy in your country. As distinct from Warren Buffet who just wants to pay more tax than his secretary?

zelmo1234
12-24-2012, 07:31 PM
He would be the billionaire who fruitlessly promotes democracy in your country. As distinct from Warren Buffet who just wants to pay more tax than his secretary?

I see that you are still a little confused about some of the people. Not to fear, we have several media outlets that do there best at that too?

Soros is not a real fan of having people decide things for themselves?? (democracy)

http://extranosalley.com/?p=23536

And Warren Buffet pays a lot more in taxes than his secratary, he wants to pay a higher income tax rate???????

But he does not pay income tax?? he pays capital gains tax!!!!

And not real fond of paying more than he is forced to?????

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/29/warren-buffett-taxes-berkshire-hathaway_n_941099.html

Just so you know he fought this and won???? But he could have paid the taxes nobody would have stopped him??

Maybe you should stick to current events in your country, instead of ours?????

Awryly
12-24-2012, 09:03 PM
I see that you are still a little confused about some of the people. Not to fear, we have several media outlets that do there best at that too?

Soros is not a real fan of having people decide things for themselves?? (democracy)

http://extranosalley.com/?p=23536

And Warren Buffet pays a lot more in taxes than his secratary, he wants to pay a higher income tax rate???????

But he does not pay income tax?? he pays capital gains tax!!!!

And not real fond of paying more than he is forced to?????

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/29/warren-buffett-taxes-berkshire-hathaway_n_941099.html

Just so you know he fought this and won???? But he could have paid the taxes nobody would have stopped him??

Maybe you should stick to current events in your country, instead of ours?????

Yours are far more amusing. And being an historian, it's not often you get the chance to watch a nation collapsing under one's very eyes.

Sadly, I wasn't around for the fall of the Roman empire.

zelmo1234
12-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Yours are far more amusing. And being an historian, it's not often you get the chance to watch a nation collapsing under one's very eyes.

Sadly, I wasn't around for the fall of the Roman empire.

You are correct under the leadership of tax and spend liberals, we may have to go through a collapse? and rebuild. But brace yourself, becasue the effects of that will even be felt in our country.

However you post does not refer to anything in the links I posted, nor your lack of knowledge on the US tax system, or George Soros!

You see your posts are totally false, but as a historian you should be concerned with truth? You are not, you seem to only listen to propaganda? which leads me to beleive that you are more of a history teacher, than historian.

Which would also explain your lack of understanding of basic economics and lack of reasearce. A hostorian would not make the mistake of not reasearching.

Peter1469
12-24-2012, 10:25 PM
The dentist's wife found out he had been shagging someone far more gorgeous than her for 10 years.

The Iowa court agreed that any dentist who faces a matrimonial property division because he shagged his assistant - no matter how long he shagged her - should be able to sack her for her shagability in order to preserve traditional family values and avoid an expensive bunfight with his wife.

I think I got that right. :rollseyes:

Yes. Unless the sexual relationship was coerced by the employer, she does not have a case. The law is clear on what protected classes trump the general rule of employment at will.

Chloe
12-24-2012, 10:27 PM
It's a pretty unfair and unethical reason to fire someone in my opinion. He obviously doesn't trust himself enough to remain professional so he did what any lame guy would do which was to fire her so that he wouldn't do something stupid. She is better of not working for someone like that. I know if I were attractive enough to be fired for being too attractive and my boss feared that then I wouldn't want to work for that person anyway.

Awryly
12-24-2012, 10:34 PM
It's a pretty unfair and unethical reason to fire someone in my opinion. He obviously doesn't trust himself enough to be professional.

Especially some you've fucked for 10 years.

Awryly
12-24-2012, 10:36 PM
You are correct under the leadership of tax and spend liberals, we may have to go through a collapse? and rebuild. But brace yourself, becasue the effects of that will even be felt in our country.

However you post does not refer to anything in the links I posted, nor your lack of knowledge on the US tax system, or George Soros!

You see your posts are totally false, but as a historian you should be concerned with truth? You are not, you seem to only listen to propaganda? which leads me to beleive that you are more of a history teacher, than historian.

Which would also explain your lack of understanding of basic economics and lack of reasearce. A hostorian would not make the mistake of not reasearching.

The only mistake I would make would be to examine each and every piece of nonsense you dredge up from the internet.

zelmo1234
12-24-2012, 11:21 PM
The only mistake I would make would be to examine each and every piece of nonsense you dredge up from the internet.

THANKS This is an honest statment. Liberals have never cared about facts, they just get in the way of their proposed compassion.

This is exactly what conservatives are fighting in america at this very moment. Liberals see the writing on the wall and yet refuse to make the hard choices to turn the ship around.

Awryly
12-24-2012, 11:37 PM
THANKS This is an honest statment. Liberals have never cared about facts, they just get in the way of their proposed compassion.

This is exactly what conservatives are fighting in america at this very moment. Liberals see the writing on the wall and yet refuse to make the hard choices to turn the ship around.

Even the Titanic sank.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/21/article-2118217-124570EB000005DC-597_964x281.jpg

You would look so good.

We could help. We invented plastic surgery.

Peter1469
12-24-2012, 11:42 PM
An alternative to at-will employment is the French model. There it is very hard to fire an employee, so business is very slow to hire. It drags on the economy. And it rewards slackers.

Awryly
12-24-2012, 11:50 PM
An alternative to at-will employment is the French model. There it is very hard to fire an employee, so business is very slow to hire. It drags on the economy. And it rewards slackers.

As far as I know France does pretty well.

Peter1469
12-24-2012, 11:59 PM
As far as I know France does pretty well.

Sure, if you have a job in France. If you are looking, there are a lot of barriers.

Awryly
12-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Sure, if you have a job in France. If you are looking, there are a lot of barriers.

I gather there are even fewer opportunities in Afghanistan.

All those barriers 'n stuff.

Awryly
12-25-2012, 12:28 AM

Be nice to the French. They saved your sorry arses in 1782. And gave you the Statue of Liberty.

God knows why.

Peter1469
12-25-2012, 04:13 AM
The French didn't save us because they liked us. They just wanted to piss off the Brits.

zelmo1234
12-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Yes and even in the frozen wasteland of the north seas, people survived the Titanics demise and went on to lead productive lives?

In your country you have little need for the US to survive, other than if we fall economicaly so will europer, your trading partner.

But lets face it practically speaking You really are in your own little world down there, and that is a good thing in this day and age?

zelmo1234
12-25-2012, 06:46 AM
The debt was paid in 1918 when we gave them there country back. we had to do it again in 1944, so I think that we are even?

hanger4
12-25-2012, 02:45 PM

You are such a liar.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/melissa-nelson-dental-assistant-fired-for-being-irresistible-is-devastated/

zelmo1234
12-25-2012, 07:24 PM
A.W. You sould move to America. You would be made a modern day hero in the Democratic party, they love it when liberals lie to promote their abganda.

Sounds to me like this young lady did not want to dress conservative and her boss let her go for it???

And NO she is the one that made the lude comment, not him. but what should that matter to you< you had an agenda to push, so the truth had no bearing on your logic.

Awryly
12-25-2012, 09:11 PM
The debt was paid in 1918 when we gave them there country back. we had to do it again in 1944, so I think that we are even?

You had almost nothing to do with winning WW1. You didn't turn up until it was almost over (as usual).

The French, together with the British and Commonwealth armies, had the Germans on the run well before you got out of bed.

You were more useful in WW2. But not as useful as the Russians.

Peter1469
12-25-2012, 09:37 PM
The US had no business in WWI, and had we not embargoed oil from Japan, no business in WWII.

hanger4
12-25-2012, 09:48 PM
You had almost nothing to do with winning WW1. You didn't turn up until it was almost over (as usual).

The French, together with the British and Commonwealth armies, had the Germans on the run well before you got out of bed.

And again Awryly begins the run from his own OP when caught in a lie !!

How simply awryly.

Awryly
12-25-2012, 09:51 PM
The US had no business in WWI, and had we not embargoed oil from Japan, no business in WWII.

You had little business in WW1. Why Wilson got such a say in the peace treaty is one of history's mysteries. Though he, admittedly, had the good idea by which the world is currently made somewhat more benign.

And yes, if you had not needled the Japanese into bombing you, you would probably have continued (as usual) to sit on the sidelines. While surreptitiously feeding supplies to the British - who were doing most of the hard graft. As usual.

Peter1469
12-25-2012, 10:15 PM
We were selling to both sides before the war. And we rebuilt the war torn world after the war.

Awryly
12-25-2012, 10:18 PM
We were selling to both sides before the war. And we rebuilt the war torn world after the war.

You sucked Britain dry to rebuild Germany and Japan so you could make money.

With allies like you, no-one needs enemies.

Peter1469
12-25-2012, 10:21 PM
How did we suck the UK dry?

Awryly
12-25-2012, 10:31 PM

Historian Alan Sked (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Sked) has commented that, "the U.S. didn't seem to realize that Britain was bankrupt", and that the loan was "denounced in the House of Lords, but in the end the country had no choice."[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan#cite_note-International_Herald_Tribune_p.-3) America offered $US 4.33bn (US$56 billion in 2012) and Canada contributed another US$1.19 bn (US$15 billion in 2012), both at the rate of 2% annual interest.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan#cite_note-8) With the interest instead of paying the original loan amount the United Kingdom ended up paying a total of $7.5bn (£3.8bn) to the US and US$2 bn (£1bn) to Canada.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan#cite_note-BBC_News_p.-9)[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan#cite_note-Kindleberger_p._415-10)
The loan was made subject to conditions, the most damaging of which was the convertibility of sterling.[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan#cite_note-Rosenson_p.-11)Though not the intention, the effect of convertibility was to worsen British post-war economic problems. International sterling balances became convertible one year after the loan was ratified, on 15 July 1947. Within a month, nations with sterling balances had drawn almost a billion dollars from British dollar reserves, forcing the British government to suspend convertibility and to begin immediate drastic cuts in domestic and overseas expenditure. The rapid loss of dollar reserves also highlighted the weakness of sterling, which was duly devalued in 1949 from $4.02 to $2.80.[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan#cite_note-12)

Britain bore the brunt of the war against Germany. Yet she was treated worse than Germany after the war.

Peter1469
12-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Britain bore the brunt of the war against Germany. Yet she was treated worse than Germany after the war.

Was the UK treated worse that Germany after WWI?

Awryly
12-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Was the UK treated worse that Germany after WWI?

*sigh*

Yes.

Peter1469
12-26-2012, 03:49 AM
*sigh*

Yes.

No they were not. The Germans were humiliated and we hit with extremely high levels of reparations......

Awryly
12-26-2012, 04:30 AM
No they were not. The Germans were humiliated and we hit with extremely high levels of reparations......

*sigh*

You bailed the Germans with the Marshall Plan. Along with the Japs.

So they could (a) provide you with markets and (b) help you try to frighten the Soviets.

Peter1469
12-26-2012, 05:13 AM
That was WWII. I asked about WWI.

Awryly
12-26-2012, 05:39 AM
That was WWII. I asked about WWI.

Did you indeed? Yes, Wilson kowtowed to the French lust for revenge.

So one might say you started WW2 against the Germans as well as the Japs.

hanger4
12-26-2012, 07:23 AM

You are such a liar.

Why is that Awryly ??

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...is-devastated/

Awryly
12-26-2012, 09:25 AM
You are such a liar.

Why is that Awryly ??

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...is-devastated/

Why did I have this premonition your link would be to a blank page.

hanger4
12-26-2012, 10:04 AM

Sorry It worked yesterday, but since I've done my research, there are tons of links at google; (http://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1585&bih=784&q=dentist%20fires&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw&ei=IhDbUPWTLpOC9gShkYGgBw#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=dentist+fires+assistant&oq=dentist+fires+ass&gs_l=serp.1.0.33i21.20425.21348.1.23763.4.4.0.0.0. 0.117.363.3j1.4.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.4GS_S9CvgCA&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.eWU&fp=75746be565b0cb2f&bpcl=40096503&biw=1585&bih=784)

Why don't you be so kind and link the story that says they been copulating for 10 years ??

Chris
12-26-2012, 10:15 AM

#1, it doesn't go to a black page. #2, it's easy to fix: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/melissa-nelson-dental-assistant-fired-for-being-irresistible-is-devastated/

Mister D
12-26-2012, 10:59 AM

We had no business fighting in WW1 anyway.

No, clearly they didn't.

You were irrelevant.

Mister D
12-26-2012, 11:01 AM
You had little business in WW1. Why Wilson got such a say in the peace treaty is one of history's mysteries. Though he, admittedly, had the good idea by which the world is currently made somewhat more benign.

And yes, if you had not needled the Japanese into bombing you, you would probably have continued (as usual) to sit on the sidelines. While surreptitiously feeding supplies to the British - who were doing most of the hard graft. As usual.

It's hardly a mystery. The Allies were grateful.

Doing the hard graft means getting your ass kicked and chased back to your island?

Mister D
12-26-2012, 11:05 AM
You sucked Britain dry to rebuild Germany and Japan so you could make money.

With allies like you, no-one needs enemies.

You're not aware that the UK and Ireland received quite a bit from the Marshall Plan in both loans and grants? No, I suppose you're not. In fact, the UK received more than Germany! A lot more! :roflmao:

Mister D
12-26-2012, 11:11 AM

You left this last sentence out. :grin:

In later years, the term of 2% interest was rather less than the prevailing market interest rates, resulting in it being described as a "very advantageous loan" by members of the British government, as elaborated below.

In addition, you destroyed your own argument. Your own source states that any adverse effects were not intentional.

Mister D
12-26-2012, 11:16 AM

We didn't.

Mister D
12-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Peter1469 Britain was "sucked dry" because she still desperately wanted to be relevant and squandered her Marshall aid (she received more than a third of the total aid!) on trying to remain an empire and a world power.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/modern/marshall_01.shtml

Awryly
12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
We had no business fighting in WW1 anyway.

No, clearly they didn't.

You were irrelevant.

Were we indeed?

The total number of New Zealand troops and nurses to serve overseas in 1914-1918, excluding those in British and other Dominion forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dominion_forces&action=edit&redlink=1), was 100,444, from a population of just over a million. Forty-two percent of men of military (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military) age served in the NZEF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Expeditionary_Force). 16,697 New Zealanders were killed and 41,317 were wounded during the war - a 58 percent casualty rate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualty_(person)).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_New_Zealand_in_World_War_I#cit e_note-1) Approximately a further thousand men died within five years of the war's end, as a result of injuries sustained, and 507 died while training (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_New_Zealand_in_World_War_I#) in New Zealand between 1914 and 1918. New Zealand had one of the highest casualty and death rate per capita (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_capita) of any country involved in the war (Serbia suffered even higher per capita losses)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_New_Zealand_in_World_War_I

We fought in Turkey, Palestine, and Europe from the outset of the war. Not, like you, turning up just before it ended. NZ servicemen also fought in the British navy and air forces.

zelmo1234
12-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Were we indeed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_New_Zealand_in_World_War_I

We fought in Turkey, Palestine, and Europe from the outset of the war. Not, like you, turning up just before it ended. NZ servicemen also fought in the British navy and air forces.

Could it be that while you have the right to self govenence, You still were part of Great Brittian at the time???

Hmmmmm! Could be! Imagine that fighting for your own country durning a war???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_of_New_Zealand

Awryly
12-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Could it be that while you have the right to self govenence, You still were part of Great Brittian at the time???

Hmmmmm! Could be! Imagine that fighting for your own country durning a war???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_of_New_Zealand

No we weren't part of Britain. But we fought in a war she helped to make. On reflection, we should have stayed out of it. It was a shindig about conflicting empires. Who should have been left to sort it out themselves.

Mister D
12-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Were we indeed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_New_Zealand_in_World_War_I

100,444. Thanks for proving my point. :rofl: You were simply irrelevant.

zelmo1234
12-26-2012, 08:24 PM
No we weren't part of Britain. But we fought in a war she helped to make. On reflection, we should have stayed out of it. It was a shindig about conflicting empires. Who should have been left to sort it out themselves.

Now acording to the net, you had the right to govern yourselves but were still part of the crown, much like our states have the right to their own governments, but they still are part of the USA.

I did not realize that you are such a young country, Good for you! don't let the ligerals screw it up like we did, they will spend you into insolvency

Awryly
12-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Now acording to the net, you had the right to govern yourselves but were still part of the crown, much like our states have the right to their own governments, but they still are part of the USA.

I did not realize that you are such a young country, Good for you! don't let the ligerals screw it up like we did, they will spend you into insolvency

What you are pleased to call our "liberals" created one of the first welfare states, and were the first in the world to give women the vote.

Sorry. We are, in your mind, beyond redemption.

PS: we have had the right to fully govern ourselves since 1907. Though, arguably, we had it before then. Our enfranchisement of women happened in 1893 as the act of a self-governing colony. The Brits didn't get around to doing the same until 1928. You didn't get around to it until 1920. (In one of those many amendments - the 19th -that recognised your constitution is a flawed document.)

zelmo1234
12-26-2012, 10:04 PM
What you are pleased to call our "liberals" created one of the first welfare states, and were the first in the world to give women the vote.

Sorry. We are, in your mind, beyond redemption.

PS: we have had the right to fully govern ourselves since 1907. Though, arguably, we had it before then. Our enfranchisement of women happened in 1893 as the act of a self-governing colony. The Brits didn't get around to doing the same until 1928. You didn't get around to it until 1920. (In one of those many amendments - the 19th -that recognised your constitution is a flawed document.)

You do realize that it was not the Democrats and the liberals that brought about the right for Blacks to vote or the civil rights act or almost any other legislations pertaining to the poor and those that have received the runt of the persicution of racism. It is our Democrats that supported groups like the KKK and segragation!

And of course our falwed document reads almost exactly like your constitution, So when you were getting around to writing a constitution, you chose to nmake one that looks like ours?

Awryly
12-26-2012, 10:30 PM
You do realize that it was not the Democrats and the liberals that brought about the right for Blacks to vote or the civil rights act or almost any other legislations pertaining to the poor and those that have received the runt of the persicution of racism. It is our Democrats that supported groups like the KKK and segragation!

And of course our falwed document reads almost exactly like your constitution, So when you were getting around to writing a constitution, you chose to nmake one that looks like ours?

You may think it looks like yours. But where is the right to bear arms?

Which is what we are talking about, isn't it? Given that we and you know we have free speech. Even for American tourists.

And I would expect you would know enough about your own country to know that southern Democrats turned Republican when they figured out northern Democrats did not support them.

A civil war thing. And the most photographed butchery in the world to date.

hanger4
12-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Good job Awryly, you've successively turned your thread away from your lie.

but I've not forgotten.

So tells us, how long has that randy dentist been bonking his assistant ??

Awryly
12-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Good job Awryly, you've successively turned your thread away from your lie.

but I've not forgotten.

So tells us, how long has that randy dentist been bonking his assistant ??

Who knows? Apparently she was too attractive not to bonk. If she was as attractive as people are saying, I would have given her a mouthful of "fillings".

Not you?

http://www.speareducation.com/spear-review/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/TherapyDogBrooke-e1356019236437.jpg

Possibly the wrong pic.

http://www.speareducation.com/spear-review/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Telephone.jpg

Hey. Look at her teeth! God, they're attractive!

What dentist would not be captivated by her root canal opportunities?

hanger4
12-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Who knows? Apparently she was too attractive not to bonk.

Why haven't you linked proof of their bonking ??

I've linked proof they weren't,

or do you feel the need to continue the lie ??

Awryly
12-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Why haven't you linked proof of their bonking ??

I've linked proof they weren't,

or do you feel the need to continue the lie ??

It is much more fun.

Chris
12-26-2012, 11:10 PM
It is much more fun.

Wow, now I really have to respect a man who's honest enough to admits he lies and has fun doing it!! Awryly, saaaaaaalute!

http://i.snag.gy/CDQ4g.jpg

Awryly
12-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Wow, now I really have to respect a man who's honest enough to admits he lies and has fun doing it!! Awryly, saaaaaaalute!

http://i.snag.gy/CDQ4g.jpg

Unlike you.

Chris
12-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Unlike you.

Quite right, I've never seen any point to lying, nor to calling it fun, nor to bragging about it. Frankly, you're unbelievable.

hanger4
12-26-2012, 11:16 PM
It is much more fun.

So then, is your lying compulsive or pathological ??

Awryly
12-26-2012, 11:20 PM
So then, is your lying compulsive or pathological ??

It's as inspired as the psychosis you appear to not only suffer from, but to enjoy.

Awryly
12-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Quite right, I've never seen any point to lying, nor to calling it fun, nor to bragging about it. Frankly, you're unbelievable.

You had better believe me.

I am the 98%.

Chris
12-26-2012, 11:27 PM
You had better believe me.

I am the 98%.

98% lies, that you consider fun. That's pathological. The following gets into the difference:

Pathological Liar – Definition

Pathological liar refers to a liar that is compulsive or impulsive, lies on a regular basis and is unable to control their lying despite of foreseeing inevitable negative consequences or ultimate disclosure of the lie. Generally lies told by a pathological liar have self-defeating quality to them and don’t serve the long term material needs of the person. Therefore pathological lying is lying that is caused by a pathology, occurs on a regular basis, is compulsive or impulsive & uncontrolled, and has self-defeating, self-trapping quality to it.

Lying or self-deception is a part of everyday human interactions. In many cases lying can be beneficial for those who lie and those who are being lied to. Most of this type of lying with positive consequences occurs in a controlled way, thoughtfully, with careful weighting of beneficial consequences. Unlike these, the lies told by a pathological liar are uncontrolled and are likely to have damaging consequences.

Pathological lying covers a wide range of lying behavior, from pseudologia fantastica to habitual lying. Lying is a commonly found clinical component with people who suffer from impulse control disorders such as gambling, compulsive shopping, substance abuse, kleptomania etc. Pathological lying is generally caused by a combination of factors, which may include genetic components, dysfunctional or insecure childhood, dyslexia or other type of cerebral dysfunction. Such conditions may host environment that is likely to emerge chronic or pathological lying as an adaptive defense mechanism. Dysfunctional family, parental overprotection, sibling rivalry, mental retardation are among many causes of pathological lying.

Low Self-Esteem And Pathological Lying

Low self-esteem is a commonly found feature in pathological liars. The lie maybe an attempt to feel good about themselves, generally for a short period of time, similar to the effect of drugs & alcohol. The same lie or deceit repeated over and over may create a myth of personal well-being or success or displacement of faults of own failures on others, thus creating an imaginary fantasy protection bubble, which may reinforce self-esteem. Pathological liars repeatedly use deceit as an ego defense mechanism, which is primarily caused by the lack of ability to cope with everyday problems in more mature ways (Selling 1942).

Pathological Liar – Causes

Causes of development of pathological lying can be, but are not limited to, one or more of the factors mentioned below:

A dysfunctional family;
Sexual or physical abuse in childhood;
Neuropsychological abnormalities; such as borderline mental retardation, learning disabilities etc.
Impulse control disorders; such as kleptomania, pathological gambling, compulsive shopping.
Accommodating or suggestible personality traits;
Personality disorders such as Sociopathic, Narcissistic, Borderline, Histrionic and more;
Substance abuse or substance abuse in family;

Read more http://depressiond.com/pathological-liar/

Just so everyone understands, it was awryly who did admit he's a liar and finds it fun:

post #78: "do you feel the need to continue the lie ??"
post #79: awryly: "It is much more fun."

Awryly, you've dug your own grave, now lie in it.

Awryly
12-26-2012, 11:31 PM
98% lies, that you consider fun. That's pathological. The following gets into the difference:

Read more http://depressiond.com/pathological-liar/

Just so everyone understands, it was awryly who did admit he's a liar and finds it fun:

Awryly, you've dug your own grave, now lie in it.

I'm not dead yet. And I want to be cremated.

hanger4
12-26-2012, 11:52 PM
It's as inspired as the psychosis you appear to not only suffer from, but to enjoy.

Kiddo, you're the one that's admitted lying is fun.

so the "psychosis" is admittly all yours.

So I ask again, is your lying compulsive or pathological ??

Awryly
12-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Kiddo, you're the one that's admitted lying is fun.

so the "psychosis" is admittly all yours.

So I ask again, is your lying compulsive or pathological ??

So you can't read either?

Why are you here trying to discuss politics?

hanger4
12-27-2012, 12:42 AM
So you can't read either?

Why are you here trying to discuss politics?

This thread, your thread, is about a dentist firing his assistant, which you told a lie about.

Now we're trying to establish whether your lying is compulsive or pathological.

I believe it's compulsive, cause you've placed yourself in an environment where lying is necessary, ie, liberalism.

Awryly
12-27-2012, 03:26 AM
This thread, your thread, is about a dentist firing his assistant, which you told a lie about.

Now we're trying to establish whether your lying is compulsive or pathological.

I believe it's compulsive, cause you've placed yourself in an environment where lying is necessary, ie, liberalism.

Liberalism, huh?

Does that mean free?

zelmo1234
12-27-2012, 04:18 AM
You may think it looks like yours. But where is the right to bear arms?

Which is what we are talking about, isn't it? Given that we and you know we have free speech. Even for American tourists.

And I would expect you would know enough about your own country to know that southern Democrats turned Republican when they figured out northern Democrats did not support them.

A civil war thing. And the most photographed butchery in the world to date.

Being you are so concerned about our country, which I think is weird because your views in your own country have been abandon, I thought I would give you a little history lesson. It was the civil rights act not the civil war that was to turn the south democrats into republicans?

this simply did not happen, it is a lie told by the left to convince the un educated voter that Democrats are not racist.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100212105354AAsKqHz

Out of all of the democrats in congress, only 3 switched parties, and yes they were the ones that voted for the civil rights act????

The democrats fought for segragation and inequality, even electing Robert KKK Bryd, a head klansmen.

they have tried to convince the population that they are not the party of race? but their social, educational, and jobs programs all discriminate against people of color.

zelmo1234
12-27-2012, 04:25 AM
Liberalism, huh?

Does that mean free?

So are you on a forum about US politics because the liberals in your country seem to be out of power, or does liberalism mean something different in your country??

You have lowered tax rates, deregulated your economy, and moved to expand your cheap energy , in your case Hydro? And are expanding free market principles??? these are things that the Republicans, not the democrats in our country stand for.

so because you seem to have lost the fight in your own country, is that why you are here????

And do not worry about the lies. lies are a badge of honor in the democratic party.

Awryly
12-27-2012, 04:52 AM
So are you on a forum about US politics because the liberals in your country seem to be out of power, or does liberalism mean something different in your country??

You have lowered tax rates, deregulated your economy, and moved to expand your cheap energy , in your case Hydro? And are expanding free market principles??? these are things that the Republicans, not the democrats in our country stand for.

so because you seem to have lost the fight in your own country, is that why you are here????

And do not worry about the lies. lies are a badge of honor in the democratic party.

Pretty clever, aren't we? Thanks for the compliment. Alongside which measures we have developed our democracy, sustained our welfare state, kept public debt low, and improved our health and education systems - the second of which leads the world - and managed to stay out of your wars while cosying up to China.

If, at any stage, you would like some advice, give us a tinkle.

Chris
12-27-2012, 07:03 AM

Why is lying fun?

zelmo1234
12-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Pretty clever, aren't we? Thanks for the compliment. Alongside which measures we have developed our democracy, sustained our welfare state, kept public debt low, and improved our health and education systems - the second of which leads the world - and managed to stay out of your wars while cosying up to China.

If, at any stage, you would like some advice, give us a tinkle.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/education/

Now you knew that I was going to check on that statement. And while you do score higher then we do through Primary education, You institutes of higher learning need some help

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-12/world-ranking

When you best Collage ranks 174th in the world, What do you do send all of your collage kids to other countries to learn?

And we do not have to take advixe from you economically, the Republicans plan for our economy is exactly the same as what you are doing.

AW you have told us how well it is working in your country. and we have a pretty good welfare system here too, actually too good.

In our low income housing complexes, they all seem to have cable TV attached to big screens, and most have some sort of car, not to bad for not having to work? But in my state, we adopted a 48 month lifetime assistance program, so on by one we are turing this units into housing for the aging, as many of these people are moving to states with lifetime welfare systems, instead of looking for a job

Awryly
12-27-2012, 08:30 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/education/

Now you knew that I was going to check on that statement. And while you do score higher then we do through Primary education, You institutes of higher learning need some help

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-12/world-ranking

When you best Collage ranks 174th in the world, What do you do send all of your collage kids to other countries to learn?

And we do not have to take advixe from you economically, the Republicans plan for our economy is exactly the same as what you are doing.

AW you have told us how well it is working in your country. and we have a pretty good welfare system here too, actually too good.

In our low income housing complexes, they all seem to have cable TV attached to big screens, and most have some sort of car, not to bad for not having to work? But in my state, we adopted a 48 month lifetime assistance program, so on by one we are turing this units into housing for the aging, as many of these people are moving to states with lifetime welfare systems, instead of looking for a job

41% of our school students go on to tertiary education - among the highest number in the world. We also have institutions that train them well. And overseas students come here to learn.

In some areas we lead the world in education and research. Agricultural science is one of them.

5. New Zealand> Pct. population with tertiary education: 41%
> Average annual growth rate (2000-2010): 3.5% (13th highest)
> GDP per capita: $29,711 (17th lowest)
Ads by Google (http://www.google.com/url?ct=abg&q=https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py%3Fcontact%3Dabg_afc%26url%3Dhttp://247wallst.com/2012/09/21/the-most-educated-countries-in-the-world/3/%26gl%3DNZ%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dca-pub-1483391044837419%26ai0%3DCjsdp-kfcUPHHBoq2kwTL2YCQDv2X_fAC_ZHLsE6NnL6yWhABIMSy6R5 Qw_3uFWCrnLOFjCnIAQKpApHkv-UNjqs-qAMBqgSfAU_Qe75t-uPVd1HPD4N_lKv9GU8vTipKghtz2Eae9oMUhJlwuh5ALTGcM_8-rIKvlA0oGnfHoknTY0333Mbw3fxBwT6JTFsYliUFVucDCgBdAM xEFJqWZ0dJjmHlYemQBIP4YQLJOicUUUjCAWfnd8Q278sH0MX-VPmL7e62q5-6BSf2SXJnUyZZpdEjKCCCIMnhZK8C95oOzFWpZOZ5nqAGAoAHp bO-JA&usg=AFQjCNFXH6xWIIwNBYcD9-FtxyEcS2rDNg)

The tiny country’s population has grown 13.2% between 2000 and 2010, as has the country’s education system. The number of people with a college or college equivalent education rose from 29% to 41% over the period. The country also has become a destination of choice for international students, who made up 14.2% of tertiary students in 2010. New Zealand is also a leader in educating scientists, with 16% of students choosing a science for their field of study at the tertiary level — the highest proportion of any country.

Read more: The Most Educated Countries in the World - 24/7 Wall St. (http://247wallst.com/2012/09/21/the-most-educated-countries-in-the-world/#ixzz2GG13apOK) http://247wallst.com/2012/09/21/the-most-educated-countries-in-the-world/#ixzz2GG13apOK

The better students hive off to British and Australian universities (Oxford, Cambridge, London School of Economics, ANU) for advanced post-graduate studies. They are as good as any American university, though some students go to places like Harvard (which, curiously, has investments in NZ).

Your economy is quite different from ours. We subsidise no industries, let alone any, like your agriculture, which are fiendishly uneconomic and others, like your oil companies, that just leech off the state. Research grants, maybe, but no production subsidises other than tax breaks to the overseas film industry and cheap electricity to an aluminium smelter. Companies are also subject to heavy environmental and OSH regulation though the current government has managed to get 29 miners killed because it didn't enforce them. It wants to take us down your laissez-faire road but won't survive the next election. And unlike you, we don't try to exploit our natural resources regardless of the consequences. Companies also actually have to pay tax here.

Your welfare system leaves large chunks of people in poverty. And, if you are tempted to do the numbers, remember (for example) that we define poverty here at 60% of the minimum wage. You define it at 50%.

zelmo1234
12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Your best University rank 174 in the world, your student have to go somewhere else to get a good education to compete on the world economic stage.

Next you are correct our primary education system is broken and that helps lead to a welfare system that is broken. And by broken I mean students taht are promoted to promote self esteem even though they can not complete the work. Terrible teachers that are not able to be removed from the schools because they have union support. These children are left behind and when the get out, are not able to hold a job because they do not have even the elementary skills needed. They are unable to manage money and they have never had to work for anything. (the left refers to this as compassion) and instead of allowing the children to use there education dollars to attend the school of there choice, they force then into failing schools to support the unions which donate heavily to the democratic party. Not only does the doom children to a less than average education but we now spend twice as much on a public school student as it would cost the government to send the child to the finest private schools.

This leads to a welfare system that is a way of life. they jump through all kinds of hoops to stay on the system, that rewards them for having children out of the basic family unit. It is a sad state. but this provides our liberal democrats with an uneducated voter base, which they are able to scare into voting for them because republicans want to reform the system. If we could then maybe we could actually raise the bar for those that actually have no other choice.

So my hats off to you for your controls on spending. It looks like your government has dedicated the resources necessary to improve your advanced education system and I am sure that they will.

As far as subsidies I will go agaisnt my party and say that we should subsidise and or bail out no business, or industry. You have got that one right to?

You know your values are getting very close to that of the TEA party. better watch out the libs do not like conservative success. and it looks like conservative values and policies are doing wonders for your countries economy.

Awryly
12-27-2012, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE]Your best University rank 174 in the world, your student have to go somewhere else to get a good education to compete on the world economic stage.

Wrong. They get a competitive education here. Our doctors, for example, are in high demand overseas. So are our engineers and scientists. They go abroad to obtain additional post-grad qualifications that take them into the top tier of internationally recognised experts. Our current PM for example has an MBA from Harvard as do many other top people in commerce. Very many students travel abroad for this reason. And, as I have told you before, we are exceptionally mobile.

This guy for example:
Joining Pacific Edge in 2003 [Dr] David [Darling] has led the company’s (Pacific Edge) product (http://www.morgo.co.nz/speakers/david-darling#) development from R & D to commercialisation of its products. The novel molecular diagnostics provide a marked change in the ability to detect and manage cancer. Pacific Edge has launched Cxbladder® in New Zealand, Australia, Spain and expects to launch a dedicated service in the US in 2013. is a doctorate graduate and scientist entirely educated in NZ. His company has discovered and produced a highly reliable test for bladder cancer.

Next you are correct our primary education system is broken and that helps lead to a welfare system that is broken. And by broken I mean students taht are promoted to promote self esteem even though they can not complete the work. Terrible teachers that are not able to be removed from the schools because they have union support. These children are left behind and when the get out, are not able to hold a job because they do not have even the elementary skills needed. They are unable to manage money and they have never had to work for anything. (the left refers to this as compassion) and instead of allowing the children to use there education dollars to attend the school of there choice, they force then into failing schools to support the unions which donate heavily to the democratic party. Not only does the doom children to a less than average education but we now spend twice as much on a public school student as it would cost the government to send the child to the finest private schools.
This leads to a welfare system that is a way of life. they jump through all kinds of hoops to stay on the system, that rewards them for having children out of the basic family unit. It is a sad state. but this provides our liberal democrats with an uneducated voter base, which they are able to scare into voting for them because republicans want to reform the system. If we could then maybe we could actually raise the bar for those that actually have no other choice.

Poverty is certainly one of the main drivers of poor educational achievement. But so are many other factors - many associated with poverty, but some not. Family dysfunction is not the preserve of the poor. Cultural values that mitigate against educational achievement tend to be confined to Maori (for example). We have been trying to combat family violence for years. And more recently, there have been renewed efforts to combat poverty.

So my hats off to you for your controls on spending. It looks like your government has dedicated the resources necessary to improve your advanced education system and I am sure that they will.

As far as subsidies I will go agaisnt my party and say that we should subsidise and or bail out no business, or industry. You have got that one right to?

That is one of our more useful legacies of the laissez-faire experiment of the 1980s.

You know your values are getting very close to that of the TEA party. better watch out the libs do not like conservative success. and it looks like conservative values and policies are doing wonders for your countries economy.

That, I'm afraid, is nonsense. We have large government. It's just that our governments are usually responsible in the way they allocate the considerable resources they raise through taxation. Though, as I have mentioned already, the current government is trying to depart from that with policies designed to aggrandise the already wealthy.

And my guess is that our values in other areas are poles apart.

Mister D
12-27-2012, 09:11 PM
It appears students flee New Zealand as well.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10787888
Finding a job is one of the biggest worries for today's tertiary students - so much so that many are planning to leave the country when they finish studying.

These are the findings from an online Colmar Brunton survey of more than 1000 students conducted on behalf of Student Job Search.