PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levin - A National Treasure

MisterVeritis
05-22-2018, 10:46 AM
I will post more about this later.

Mueller needs to be sent packing.

Kicking off the week on the radio Monday, LevinTV host Mark Levin (https://get.crtv.com/levin/?utm_source=cr&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=levin-episode-promos&utm_term=levin&utm_content=markup-052118-cr-website) raised a crucial point about the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller that no one is currently discussing — it was unconstitutional.
“The appointment of Robert Mueller violates the United States Constitution,” Levin said. “And every subpoena, indictment, and plea agreement should be null and void.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-muellers-appointment-was-unconstitutional/

https://www.facebook.com/CRTV/videos/2103535809932185/

DGUtley
05-22-2018, 10:48 AM
I have read several of his books. I think Mark is brilliant.

Adelaide
05-22-2018, 11:05 AM
I bought a book of his that I haven't gotten around to reading yet.

That said, I am not sure of the constitutionality of appointing a special counsel to investigate the government or members of the government - the forum lawyers might know. I think that common sense dictates that there must be a process by which an investigation independent of the government can operate, otherwise who is going to hold the government responsible? That's not to say I disagree or agree with the Mueller probe, but it seems essential to have a process of external investigation (or auditing) that aims to remove the power from agencies that could be complicit or biased. The Trump administration will not be held accountable for alleged ethical/legal violations by voters until 2020, thus there has to be a process in place that can investigate presidents and their administrations (or campaign staff) between the election seasons. The objectivity of Mueller is debatable, but the process itself seems essential.

Tahuyaman
05-22-2018, 11:06 AM
I have read several of his books. I think Mark is brilliant.

He is. However, sometimes he gets too spun-up. I can see how that turns some people off.

Still, he's perhaps one of the leading authorities on the US constitution in America today. He might be too brilliant.

MisterVeritis
05-22-2018, 05:39 PM
Mueller's appointment violates the appointments clause of the US Constitution.

The President...shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law....
ARTICLE II, SECTION 2, CLAUSE 2

This clause contemplates three sequential acts for the appointment of principal officers—the nomination of the President, the advice and consent of the Senate, and the Appointment of the Official by the President. This clause applies to principal officers in contradistinction to inferior officers, whose appointment is addressed in the next portion of the clause.

https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/2/essays/91/appointments-clause
Levin and Steven Calabresi are discussing it.

MisterVeritis
05-22-2018, 05:47 PM
Rosenstein should be fired with extreme prejudice.

roadmaster
05-22-2018, 05:50 PM
Rosenstein should have been fired months ago.

Tahuyaman
05-22-2018, 05:59 PM
I thought that Rosenstein was going to resign. He still might.

MisterVeritis
05-22-2018, 06:04 PM
More:

On Monday’s Mark Levin show, The appointment of Robert Mueller violates the Appointments Clause of the Constitution because he was never confirmed by the Senate and every subpoena, indictment, and plea agreement should be null and void. Mueller is not an inferior appointee, but a principal appointee as understood under our constitutional. Mueller would’ve had to be nominated for Senate confirmation like any other principal officer in the Executive Branch. Every defendant, suspect and witness, in this matter should challenge the Mueller appointment with this violation.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/2018/05/21/may-21-2018/

donttread
05-24-2018, 07:40 AM
I will post more about this later.

Mueller needs to be sent packing.

Kicking off the week on the radio Monday, LevinTV host Mark Levin (https://get.crtv.com/levin/?utm_source=cr&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=levin-episode-promos&utm_term=levin&utm_content=markup-052118-cr-website) raised a crucial point about the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller that no one is currently discussing — it was unconstitutional.
“The appointment of Robert Mueller violates the United States Constitution,” Levin said. “And every subpoena, indictment, and plea agreement should be null and void.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-muellers-appointment-was-unconstitutional/

https://www.facebook.com/CRTV/videos/2103535809932185/

If we want to bring the federal government back within it's constitutional limitations we must denounce every Constitutional violation whether it agrees with our politics or not. For a government that conducts a large percentage of it's activities and spending outside it's Constitutional limitations this is a minor yet important violation. Good catch on Levin's part.

MisterVeritis
05-24-2018, 09:40 AM
If we want to bring the federal government back within it's constitutional limitations we must denounce every Constitutional violation whether it agrees with our politics or not. For a government that conducts a large percentage of it's activities and spending outside it's Constitutional limitations this is a minor yet important violation. Good catch on Levin's part.
And Steven Calabresi. Those are two brilliant men.

NapRover
05-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Rosenstein should be fired with extreme prejudice.

Trump should get Chuck Norris to do it for him.

gamewell45
05-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Most people I know, including myself cannot listen to him for more then 10 minutes. His attitude is mostly negative on most topics which is a turn off to me. I put him in the same category as Mike Savage; both are not listenable in my opinion but most people do like them since they have decent ratings.

Peter1469
05-24-2018, 12:15 PM
Most people I know, including myself cannot listen to him for more then 10 minutes. His attitude is mostly negative on most topics which is a turn off to me. I put him in the same category as Mike Savage; both are not listenable in my opinion but most people do like them since they have decent ratings.
I haven't watched, but I bet he tones it down on his TV shows (CTV and FOX News).

Tahuyaman
05-24-2018, 12:23 PM

He's an authentic constitutional conservative and I'm sure most people holding liberal views find him highly objectionable.

Tahuyaman
05-24-2018, 12:26 PM
I haven't watched, but I bet he tones it down on his TV shows (CTV and FOX News).

I've seen his TV show. He's not excitable at all. The times I've watched his show, he's conducted an interview with some other expert on judicial or constitutional issues.

Don
05-24-2018, 12:27 PM
I like Levin too but I don't agree with his constitutional convention movement. I think its dangerous and there are just as many on the left as there is on the right that would love to have one. If the constitution is ignored or crapped on now what would make it any different after a con-con. Forget article 5 for now and focus more on article 6 to rein in the federal government.

Rosenstein should be fired and probably jailed but I would wait a while longer and allow him to hang himself a bit more.

MisterVeritis
05-24-2018, 01:21 PM
I like Levin too but I don't agree with his constitutional convention movement. I think its dangerous and there are just as many on the left as there is on the right that would love to have one. If the constitution is ignored or crapped on now what would make it any different after a con-con. Forget article 5 for now and focus more on article 6 to rein in the federal government.

Rosenstein should be fired and probably jailed but I would wait a while longer and allow him to hang himself a bit more.
Article V of the US Constitution offers no path for a constitutional convention. It offers two different paths for proposing amendments.

Those who believe as you do and prevent amendments will bring on a rebellion.

Article V does not belong to Mark Levin. It belongs to all of us.

gamewell45
05-24-2018, 03:06 PM
He's an authentic constitutional conservative and I'm sure most people holding liberal views find him highly objectionable.
Most likely or those regardless of political persuasion who find negativism a turn off in general. I do agree that he is a constitutional conservative based on the little bit I've heard of his shows..

donttread
05-24-2018, 03:07 PM
Article V of the US Constitution offers no path for a constitutional convention. It offers two different paths for proposing amendments.

Amendments to clarify what should already be clear are one thing but a whole convention could well leave us worse off for reasons stated by Don.

Peter1469
05-24-2018, 03:11 PM

I believe it can. The Confederation didn't intend for the Founders to do what they did.

Tahuyaman
05-24-2018, 03:13 PM
Most likely or those regardless of political persuasion who find negativism a turn off in general. I do agree that he is a constitutional conservative based on the little bit I've heard of his shows..

Have you ever watched his new TV show?

I find it facinating that some people can know so much about a man they admit they they don't listen to very much all.

MisterVeritis
05-24-2018, 03:42 PM
I believe it can. The Confederation didn't intend for the Founders to do what they did.
We are no longer under a Confederation.

Show me the path to a constitutional convention in Article V.

Peter1469
05-24-2018, 03:53 PM
We are no longer under a Confederation.

Show me the path to a constitutional convention in Article V.

The Article V members close the doors and do what they want. Present it for a vote.

MisterVeritis
05-24-2018, 04:00 PM
The Article V members close the doors and do what they want. Present it for a vote.
if so the Congress could do exactly the same thing. Why hasn't the Congress done so?

Would it be one amendment (Replace all of this with all of that)?

The Article V members remain under the control of their State legislatures. Are you postulating that 3/4thsd of the States would get together to create a new Constitution? It seems impossible.

You and Don put your heads together and show me a path. Please.

jimmyz
05-24-2018, 04:03 PM
He is my promotion and ethic behind my opposition. I might be targeted but i will resist with vigor.

MisterVeritis
05-24-2018, 04:08 PM
He is my promotion and ethic behind my opposition. I might be targeted but i will resist with vigor.
lol. You might be the smartest person in the universe. It was once said only a dozen men could understand Einstein. I don't believe anyone could understand you.

I need a translation.

MisterVeritis
05-24-2018, 06:54 PM
Louisiana passes Commissioner Selection Resolution for Article V convention
https://conventionofstates.com/news/louisiana-passes-commissioner-selection-resolution

We need 34 States.

MisterVeritis
05-24-2018, 06:56 PM
And Texas too. Where aree we? 12 states? 13 States?

We need 34 States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=69&v=2VDTgQ-56NU

gamewell45
05-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Have you ever watched his new TV show? I've never viewed his new TV show nor any other TV shows he might have had; just his radio show which was enough for me.

I find it facinating that some people can know so much about a man they admit they they don't listen to very much all.

I'm glad your fascinated; just goes to show that you can learn something new you never knew before every day!

MisterVeritis
05-24-2018, 07:52 PM
I've never viewed his new TV show nor any other TV shows he might have had; just his radio show which was enough for me.
I'm glad your fascinated; just goes to show that you can learn something new you never knew before every day!
Each format is different. If you want an education listen and watch.

Peter1469
05-24-2018, 08:52 PM
if so the Congress could do exactly the same thing. Why hasn't the Congress done so?

Would it be one amendment (Replace all of this with all of that)?

The Article V members remain under the control of their State legislatures. Are you postulating that 3/4thsd of the States would get together to create a new Constitution? It seems impossible.

You and Don put your heads together and show me a path. Please.

That is why I said they would have to put it to a vote. Our Founders "rebelled" against the Confederation, and made it hard for the same thing to happen to them. Wise of the Founders.

An Article V convention would likely turn into a dog and pony show with nothing useful getting done.

MisterVeritis
05-25-2018, 10:37 AM
That is why I said they would have to put it to a vote. Our Founders "rebelled" against the Confederation, and made it hard for the same thing to happen to them. Wise of the Founders.

An Article V convention would likely turn into a dog and pony show with nothing useful getting done.
You err.

MisterVeritis
06-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Levin's support for the Article V convention of States project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BowuqX8jFe0

MisterVeritis
06-14-2018, 05:02 PM
I am going to pour a glass of wine and listen to The Great One's views on this newly released IG report.