PDA

View Full Version : One Strange Rock

Don
05-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Has anyone been watching this series on The Science Channel? Will Smith does a good job narrating. It covers everything from the micro to the macro and our strange rocks place in a strange universe. It really makes you think and unlike Neil deGrasse Tyson they have kept politics out of it. They let us decide for ourselves.

https://youtu.be/XrC4vDcWmxk

jimmyz
05-22-2018, 03:04 PM
Yes. A well produced series. I've yet to see a polar bear searching for ice the few times I've watched.

Peter1469
05-22-2018, 04:54 PM
I will have to check it out.

Don
05-22-2018, 05:09 PM
Monday nights. Reruns of most episodes throughout the week. One of the best I have seen so far. This is its first season and unlike Tyson's show I think there will be new seasons.

Chris
05-22-2018, 05:53 PM
Thanks, will check out.

Don
05-22-2018, 06:52 PM
Yes. A well produced series. I've yet to see a polar bear searching for ice the few times I've watched.

The show does point out how fragile the planet is and how much we do affect it but they stay away from things like "We need a world government entity" to solve the problem. They also say in no uncertain terms that the continuation of our existence will depend on our ability to leave it. And the sooner we get that ability the better are chances will be.