PDA

View Full Version : Woman wins Georgia gubernatorial primary for first time in state's history

gamewell45
05-22-2018, 10:28 PM
For the first time in the state of Georgia's history, a woman has won the gubernatorial primary. Stacy Abrams, former House Minority leader, won the democratic primary for the governors election coming up this November. If she is successful in her bid to become governor, she would be the first black woman to ever hold the seat of Governor in Georgia and in the United States.

ATLANTA — Stacey Abrams won Georgia's Democratic primary in the gubernatorial race Tuesday, becoming the state's first woman nominee for governor from either major party.

If the former state House minority leader wins the general election in November, she'll become the first black woman governor in the U.S. Abrams got a last-minute boost with an endorsement — in the form of a 60-second robo-call — from Hillary Clinton.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/georgia-woman-wins-democratic-primary-governor-article-1.4004519

Tahuyaman
05-22-2018, 10:40 PM
For the first time in the state of Georgia's history, a woman has won the gubernatorial primary. Stacy Abrams, former House Minority leader, won the democratic primary for the governors election coming up this November. If she is successful in her bid to become governor, she would be the first black woman to ever hold the seat of Governor in Georgia and in the United States.

ATLANTA — Stacey Abrams won Georgia's Democratic primary in the gubernatorial race Tuesday, becoming the state's first woman nominee for governor from either major party.

If the former state House minority leader wins the general election in November, she'll become the first black woman governor in the U.S. Abrams got a last-minute boost with an endorsement — in the form of a 60-second robo-call — from Hillary Clinton.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/georgia-woman-wins-democratic-primary-governor-article-1.4004519

Her Democrat party opponent was also a woman, so a woman was bound to win.

gamewell45
05-22-2018, 10:50 PM
Her Democrat party opponent was also a woman, so a woman was bound to win.

I think that was a given; now she'll be going up against five white males so it'll be interesting to see how things flesh out in the end.

Tahuyaman
05-22-2018, 11:02 PM
I think that was a given; now she'll be going up against five white males so it'll be interesting to see how things flesh out in the end.

She’s not going to be going up against five White males.

There are five white males seeking the Republican nomination. One will get it. Probably after a runoff.

Tahuyaman
05-22-2018, 11:09 PM
She will be up against one white male opponent. .

donttread
05-23-2018, 07:12 AM

I'll bet she's a real peach.

gamewell45
05-23-2018, 07:41 AM
She’s not going to be going up against five White males.

There are five white males seeking the Republican nomination. One will get it. Probably after a runoff.
You are correct; typo on my part.

DGUtley
05-23-2018, 07:47 AM
I don't see color so I don't care if she's black, white, purple, yellow or green. Georgia means she's probably fairly conservative, even as a D?

MMC
05-23-2018, 08:05 AM

She is an establishment Demo.....but it was good to see the Demos would finally let a Black Woman run for an Office in Georgia.

Still I wouldn't count on the Demos giving up their Identity Politics/Racism.

Tahuyaman
05-23-2018, 09:24 AM
I don't see color so I don't care if she's black, white, purple, yellow or green. Georgia means she's probably fairly conservative, even as a D?

No, she's very liberal.