PDA

View Full Version : CEO says she’s devoted to keeping the ‘Girl’ in Girl Scouts

Common
06-07-2018, 06:09 AM
I admire this womans courage in standing by her convictions and not cowtowing to the genderless whacko faction in america.

The boys club allowing in girls, while there is still a girls club was totally assinine

Boys are boys and girls are girls and no words will ever change that

The head of the Girl Scouts says that while the organization is disappointed that the Boy Scouts have decided to accept girls (https://nypost.com/2018/05/02/boy-scouts-to-get-new-name-after-108-years-as-girls-join-group/) it is focused on helping “parents understand the benefits of Girl Scouts.” “At Girl Scouts, we’re going to stay completely focused on girls. The ‘girl’ is going to stay in Girl Scouting,” Sylvia Acevedo, the CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. “We were disappointed that an organization that we had partnered with for 100 years decided to accept girls, but you know what? Our focus is on what we do really well.”

Acevedo was in Detroit to attend an evening ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new headquarters for the southeastern Michigan chapter.

Her visit comes at a time of strained relations between the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts of America (https://nypost.com/2018/05/02/girl-scouts-clap-back-at-boy-scouts-effort-to-poach-girls/), which last month announced a new name for its Boy Scouts program: Scouts BSA. The change will take effect in February. The parent organization will remain the Boy Scouts of America, and the Cub Scouts — the program that serves children from kindergarten through fifth grade — also will keep its title. But the Boy Scouts, the program for 11- to 17-year-olds, will be known as Scouts BSA. The organization already has started admitting girls into the Cub Scouts, and Scouts BSA will begin accepting girls in 2019.

Girl Scout leaders have said they were blindsided by the move, but Acevedo stressed Wednesday that her group has a strong case to make to parents.

“A lot of times people think Girl and Boy Scouts are similar,” she said. “We have programming that has been focused on girls for over 100 years, with these amazing outcomes.”

https://nypost.com/2018/06/07/ceo-says-shes-devoted-to-keeping-the-girl-in-girl-scouts/

Peter1469
06-07-2018, 06:33 AM
I have not followed this much. Was the decision to allow girls into the Boy Scouts part of some snowflake movement? Or was it the Girl Scouts facing economic ruin and wanted to team with a successful organization?

It seems as if this move will be the end of the Boy Scouts. The reason it was created was to turn boys into men. Survival skills, respect for community and women, etc. Making it co-ed destroys that purpose.

Common
06-07-2018, 06:45 AM
I have not followed this much. Was the decision to allow girls into the Boy Scouts part of some snowflake movement? Or was it the Girl Scouts facing economic ruin and wanted to team with a successful organization?

It seems as if this move will be the end of the Boy Scouts. The reason it was created was to turn boys into men. Survival skills, respect for community and women, etc. Making it co-ed destroys that purpose.

The girl scout CEO said she was blindsided by the boysclub including girls right in the article I posted. Obviously she wasnt consulted.

Peter its the BOYS CLUB its been for decades allowing girls in was absurd, when theres a girl scouts

Peter1469
06-07-2018, 06:49 AM
The girl scout CEO said she was blindsided by the boysclub including girls right in the article I posted. Obviously she wasnt consulted.

Peter its the BOYS CLUB its been for decades allowing girls in was absurd, when theres a girl scouts

Then based on that, this seems to be a snowflake attack that routed the Boy Scouts.

I hear the Mormons are having nothing to do with this and are creating their own scouting organization.

DGUtley
06-07-2018, 07:10 AM
I'll be interested in seeing how the boys scout troops associated with the Catholic Schools in this area handle it. To me, it's the demise of the BSA.

Trumpster
06-07-2018, 10:36 AM
If the leader of a boy scout troop offers activities designed to please boys, it's doubtful that very many girls will be interested enough to stay with it. I could be wrong but it seems to me that most girls would be attracted to different activities than boys.

When I was a kid there was a need for a Boy Scout Troop in my area but there wasn't any man who was willing to lead it. It was a farming area and most farmers work from early morning 'till dark. Eventually, a woman volunteered to lead the troop. I had doubts about it but I went anyway. At the first meeting, she told us what activities she had planned for us and it was all girl stuff. Yuck!! Everything was going to take place in her living room. Things like drawing pictures and making dioramas. It wasn't what I expected so I never went back.

Boys want to do this: :flames: And more.

midcan5
06-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Such profundity from the conservative snowflakes, 'boys want to be boys, and girls want to be girls, I know you conservatives ain't too astute but that's biology. These issues are not political unless you make them so, why not let people be people and decide for themselves? Maturity about so many issues is above the conservative's head it seems.

My question is why American conservatives want to be Trump snowflakes? A weak liar leads them and they worry about boy scouts and girls scouts being integrated, oh the tragedy.

Grokmaster
06-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Good luck w/that, in today's left-forced climate of social idocy; they' already destroyed the Boy Scouts of America, which was their endgame from the start.

The Girl Scouts will have to be know as the

Scouts, or face attacks in the media, etal….

Captdon
06-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Such profundity from the conservative snowflakes, 'boys want to be boys, and girls want to be girls, I know you conservatives ain't too astute but that's biology. These issues are not political unless you make them so, why not let people be people and decide for themselves? Maturity about so many issues is above the conservative's head it seems.

My question is why American conservatives want to be Trump snowflakes? A weak liar leads them and they worry about boy scouts and girls scouts being integrated, oh the tragedy.

My question is why do you want to make two sexes into one? There's your biology. You should have taken in school.

Grokmaster
06-08-2018, 08:45 AM
I'll be interested in seeing how the boys scout troops associated with the Catholic Schools in this area handle it. To me, it's the demise of the BSA.
It absolutely is...which was the LGBT goal in the first place...