PDA

View Full Version : God, I hate the Corrupt Federal Government - Slow rolling the IG Report

MisterVeritis
06-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Well.

Some time ago I mentioned that bureaucracies use the Inspector General to bury bad news. I wondered why an IG report due out in March was delayed. And delayed again. And now slow rolled and weakened before a heavily redacted version is released on a Friday evening.

God, I hate the corrupt Federal government.

"The Department of Justice and the FBI are deliberately attempting to slow roll and redact significant portions of DOJ Inspector General, Michael Horowitz’s report on the bureau’s handling of the Hillary Clinton investigation, according to numerous congressional officials and investigators.The 400-page report, which was completed several weeks ago and addresses Clinton’s use of her private server for government business, is currently being reviewed by the DOJ and FBI. According to sources, individuals mentioned in the reports are also allowed to review the document. It is expected to be “long and thorough” and will criticize the handling of the investigation by former FBI Director James Comey, who has spent the better part of the past several months promoting his book A Higher Loyalty."

https://saraacarter.com/lawmakers-warn-ig-being-pressured-to-slow-roll-clinton-fbi-report/

Tahuyaman
06-07-2018, 05:57 PM
I told you a long time ago that the IG report wasn't going to tell us anything we don't already know.

MisterVeritis
06-07-2018, 06:00 PM
I told you a long time ago that the IG report wasn't going to tell us anything we don't already know.
That will be true by the time it is released. Expect a steady drip of leaks between this date and its release date.

MisterVeritis
06-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Well.

Some time ago I mentioned that bureaucracies use the Inspector General to bury bad news. I wondered why an IG report due out in March was delayed. And delayed again. And now slow rolled and weakened before a heavily redacted version is released on a Friday evening.

God, I hate the corrupt Federal government.

"The Department of Justice and the FBI are deliberately attempting to slow roll and redact significant portions of DOJ Inspector General, Michael Horowitz’s report on the bureau’s handling of the Hillary Clinton investigation, according to numerous congressional officials and investigators.The 400-page report, which was completed several weeks ago and addresses Clinton’s use of her private server for government business, is currently being reviewed by the DOJ and FBI. According to sources, individuals mentioned in the reports are also allowed to review the document. It is expected to be “long and thorough” and will criticize the handling of the investigation by former FBI Director James Comey, who has spent the better part of the past several months promoting his book A Higher Loyalty."

https://saraacarter.com/lawmakers-warn-ig-being-pressured-to-slow-roll-clinton-fbi-report/
Yep. The IG slow-rolled this report.

The IG did the same thing Comey did. The IG laid out a case for collusion between the FBI and reporters in support of the Democrats. He laid out a case for obstruction of justice against Comey. And the IG laid out the case of Comey's insubordination.

The IG laid bare the role Strzok and Page played in the coup attempt.