PDA

View Full Version : Have Republicans Turned Against Trade? We Asked Them

Chris
06-12-2018, 09:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_w1he2OH0

Don
06-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Hidden in the "free trade" is the consolidation of regions into virtual governments that water down or do away with the sovereignty of the individual nations. I want fair trade without ceding any of our sovereignty or constitutional or natural rights. Not free trade and tangling alliances. If that's what president Trump wants then I back him. It looks like that is exactly the agenda he's pushing. I can understand why the "New World Order" globalists are upset but we need to turn this thing around before its too late. Nothing wrong with cooperation but it can be done without turning the country into a state in a world government.

Chris
06-12-2018, 11:26 AM
From everything I read, in the media and here, it seems the liberals are criticizing Trump for imposing tariffs and starting a trade war when in fact other nations started it a long time ago imposing tariffs on imports from the US and he is just retaliating.

Economically, tariffs make no sense, but this is political.

Don
06-12-2018, 11:37 AM
I agree. Something I heard the other day, there is a BMW plant here in the USA and 70% of the cars are exported to Germany (or maybe Europe.) The gist of the story was that American workers are so efficient that we could build their cars on our soil and then pay their import tariffs and still make a profit. I think the message there is that without protectionism they would have to get a lot more competitive than they are now.

Chris
06-12-2018, 12:09 PM
I agree. Something I heard the other day, there is a BMW plant here in the USA and 70% of the cars are exported to Germany (or maybe Europe.) The gist of the story was that American workers are so efficient that we could build their cars on our soil and then pay their import tariffs and still make a profit. I think the message there is that without protectionism they would have to get a lot more competitive than they are now.

But we would not pay their tariffs, German importers would pay their tariff. That's the thing about tariffs, they raise the price of imports on consumers in the country that imposes them.