PDA

View Full Version : Cain Accused of Sexual Harrassment

Conley
10-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is denying allegations that he had been accused of sexual harassment when he was head of the National Restaurant Assn.

The allegations were revealed Sunday night in a report by Politico. Cain had refused to comment on the charges when approached by Politico earlier in the day.

Cain campaign spokesman J.D. Gordon told the Associated Press late Sunday night that the campaign denied the report.

“Inside-the-Beltway media have begun to launch unsubstantiated personal attacks on Cain,” Gordon said in a written statement to the Associated Press. “Dredging up thinly sourced allegations stemming from Mr. Cain's tenure as the Chief Executive Officer at the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, political trade press are now casting aspersions on his character and spreading rumors that never stood up to the facts."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-cain-denies-20111030,0,1342921.story

A lot of rumors now swirling about all sorts of things. IMO this is what happens when people start to consider you a legit threat. I thought the media would dig stuff up on Perry when he was the favorite but he didn't last very long. Now that Cain has momentum there is a lot of smoke being suggested, but is there a real fire?

MMC
10-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Well you knew this would happen.....even if there wasnt any dirt the Media would look until they could use something in a negative fashion. Even Remotely thin and they will twist it to make it something that is not relative. Again then one needs to question why we are letting the MS media Dictate what they say is news.

Pendragon
10-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Why blame the media when it is Cain's fault. These stories don't come out of nowhere. I don't have anyone accusing me of sexual harassment and neither do most other people. It bears investigation and if anything Cain should have divulged this himself and not waited for it to inevitably come out.

Mister D
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Why blame the media when it is Cain's fault. These stories don't come out of nowhere. I don't have anyone accusing me of sexual harassment and neither do most other people. It bears investigation and if anything Cain should have divulged this himself and not waited for it to inevitably come out.

You just might if you were running for the highest office in the land.

Pendragon
10-31-2011, 09:35 AM
By multiple women? That is highly unlikely my good sir.

Yes, you read that correctly - at least two women so far have stepped forward now suggesting that this is not some smear campaign but something much more substantial.

This issue is most worthy of investigation and Mr. Cain's "no comment" rebukes are just making him appear even more guilty.

MMC
10-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Right.....and like the left wouldnt try to smear him at all. After months of the MS media saying there was nothing on Cain other than his 2000 possible aspirations then to run for the Presidency. Which would have put him up against Bush and McCain. CNN would have had shit on him from the beginning. They got squat!

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1233779698845&id=24416b9d053c2bd90ffbf3bfafe795c4&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages.vinylpulse.com%2fvp_pics%2 ffrom_windows_live_writer%2fMichaelLauxMINDstyleTh eGodfatherClassicE_13E3E%2fgodfatherclassic.jpg

Heya.....wassamatterwithyou. http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/yo2.gif

Shaggy - It Wasn't Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s3vHFyybxk#)

I don't know what you talkin bout! It Wasn't Me!

Mister D
10-31-2011, 10:36 AM
That's one dark Don Corleone! :o ;D

Mister D
10-31-2011, 10:37 AM
By multiple women? That is highly unlikely my good sir.

Yes, you read that correctly - at least two women so far have stepped forward now suggesting that this is not some smear campaign but something much more substantial.

This issue is most worthy of investigation and Mr. Cain's "no comment" rebukes are just making him appear even more guilty.

Yeah, weird how they didn't step forward before. ::)

MMC
10-31-2011, 11:52 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/herman-cain-denies-sexual-harassment-allegation-bring-accuser-140303941.html

ABC News’ Huma Khan, Devin Dwyer and Susan Archer report:

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain’s campaign is staunchly denying reports that the former chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza was involved in a sexual harassment case, saying the allegations are “questionable.”

Cain’s chief of staff, Mark Block, said on MSNBC today that the GOP candidate “has never sexually harassed anyone. Period. End of story.”

Mr. Cain has never sexually harassed anyone, period,” he said, adding that when he asked his boss of the allegations, he said “the story is not true. Bring me some facts. Bring me the accuser.”

Cain, 65, will address the allegations today, Block said.....snip~

Looks Like he will answer today. Politico Put that out. I doubt Politico has better sources than CNN.

Mister D
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
It's all doubtful.

Conley
10-31-2011, 12:22 PM
It will be interesting to hear what he has to say. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he will deny everything.

I believe it's probably all bull but then I thought the same thing about Clinton and Edwards and we all saw how that turned out. Gary Hart too. :D

jgreer
10-31-2011, 01:18 PM
You know something really interesting? I don't remember Obama ever being accused of being a serial sexual harasser. Even with all the mud that Republicans have tried to sling at him.

So no, it doesn't happen every time someone runs for president.

Also the reason you didn't hear about this before is because it is embarassing for women to put themselves out there and tell the world they've been molested. It's not like you are telling people you had your car stolen. There is a stigma attached and it is difficult for women to face their attackers.

Mister D
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
You know something really interesting? I don't remember Obama ever being accused of being a serial sexual harasser. Even with all the mud that Republicans have tried to sling at him.

Also the reason you didn't hear about this before is because it is embarassing for women to put themselves out there and tell the world they've been molested. It's not like you are telling people you had your car stolen. There is a stigma attached and it is difficult for women to face their attackers.

Yep I'm sure it's all on the up and up. It always is, right?

BTW, the women weren't molested. lol

Mr. Wonderful
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM

Yep I'm sure it's all on the up and up. It always is, right?

BTW, the women weren't molested. lol

Thank you!

jgreer
10-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Look, here are the facts:

""Since Washington establishment critics haven't had much luck in attacking Mr. Cain's ideas to fix a bad economy and create jobs, they are trying to attack him in any way they can," J.D. Gordon, Cain's campaign vice president, said Sunday.

"Dredging up thinly sourced allegations stemming from Mr. Cain's tenure as the Chief Executive Officer at the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, political trade press are now casting aspersions on his character and spreading rumors that never stood up to the facts," Gordon said in a statement.

The women, who were not named in the POLITICO story, left the organization after receiving "separation packages that were in the five-figure range," the newspaper reported."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/30/cain-campaign-responds-to-alleged-inappropriate-behavior/?hpt=hp_t2

I'm sorry but no one in this day gets accused of sexual harassment and doesn't realize it. Of course Cain knew he was accused and of course he knew it was settled. He should not have lied about it.