PDA

View Full Version : Obama DHS Sec. Jeh Johnson: I Freely Admit We Detained Children, "It Was Necessary"

Common
06-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Oooops Safety He only admitted it because he couldnt get away with denying it. Obama admin started it, imagine that.

Obama DHS Sec. Jeh Johnson: I Freely Admit We Detained Children, "It Was Necessary"
On Fox News Sunday, former DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said that under the Barack Obama administration, they did detain some children alone and some families together, two policies for which Donald Trump has been widely blamed.

Johnson told host Chris Wallace that they "thought it was necessary at the time," and that it is still is.

"Without a doubt the images, and the reality, from 2014, just like 2018, are not pretty," Johnson said. "We expanded it, I freely admit it was controversial, we believed it was necessary at the time, I still believe it is necessary to remain a certain capability for families."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/24/obama_dhs_sec_jeh_johnson_we_detained_children_it_ was_necessary.html

roadmaster
06-25-2018, 02:27 PM
They were sending their children without parents. The left always says the right is breaking up families, but it was the parents breaking up their own families. Some didn't want to be deported with their own children. I knew a guy from Honduras that him and his sister their parents didn't want them to come with them. He was deported by Obama later after run ins with the law but who gives another country their children and they had no relatives here.

Safety
06-25-2018, 03:32 PM
Hmmm, a call out thread? As a moderator, that member should know better, right? Especially considering I don't think I've ever mentioned Jeh Johnson's or Obama's name in a discussion about children being separated. Maybe the mod team will have a discussion about this egregious abuse of power displayed here....

nathanbforrest45
06-26-2018, 06:54 AM
hmmm, a call out thread? As a moderator, that member should know better, right? Especially considering i don't think i've ever mentioned jeh johnson's or obama's name in a discussion about children being separated. Maybe the mod team will have a discussion about this egregious abuse of power displayed here....

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

donttread
06-26-2018, 08:13 AM
Oooops @Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226) He only admitted it because he couldnt get away with denying it. Obama admin started it, imagine that.

Obama DHS Sec. Jeh Johnson: I Freely Admit We Detained Children, "It Was Necessary"
On Fox News Sunday, former DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said that under the Barack Obama administration, they did detain some children alone and some families together, two policies for which Donald Trump has been widely blamed.

Johnson told host Chris Wallace that they "thought it was necessary at the time," and that it is still is.

"Without a doubt the images, and the reality, from 2014, just like 2018, are not pretty," Johnson said. "We expanded it, I freely admit it was controversial, we believed it was necessary at the time, I still believe it is necessary to remain a certain capability for families."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/24/obama_dhs_sec_jeh_johnson_we_detained_children_it_ was_necessary.html

I would be for detaining the families together as long as the children are kept safe from potential sex criminals in the mix. Even then if the parents are charged and detained further the children would be eligible to be released home but would need a responsible party. If none was found they'd still have to be held, unless you want to throw them to the mules and trafficers in border towns?
This is a complex issue , but something has toi happen when you enter the country illegally