PDA

View Full Version : The Social Experiment

spunkloaf
06-26-2018, 10:46 PM
I've had this idea for a few years now, and it is not yet coordinated, but it is playing out as I suspected.
I've taken inventory over the kinds of responses I have gotten from conservatives on this forum for the past month. I have participated in all kinds of conversations. I started real conversations, acted nice to people, acted vindictive, then apologetic. While most responses to my controversial and adversarial posts have been snarky as expected, the responses to my more benevolent and benign posts were met with either a similar amount of snark, or avoided by conservatives completely.

The conclusion: people don't want to acknowledge their adversaries when they are at their best, they are much more willing to acknowledge them at their worst.

Tahuyaman
06-26-2018, 10:50 PM
When did you ever participate in any discussion?

Abby08
06-26-2018, 11:00 PM
Oh, so your time here, was an experiment....we were your lab rats.

Abby08
06-26-2018, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking, you're starting to regret the things you've said, the ' other' forum that was so great didn't pan out, so, you now have to make up a story for why you've come back....you were conducting an experiment......ok...

Tahuyaman
06-26-2018, 11:11 PM
Oh, so your time here, was an experiment....we were your lab rats.
A failed experiment.

MisterVeritis
06-26-2018, 11:43 PM
I've had this idea for a few years now, and it is not yet coordinated, but it is playing out as I suspected.
I've taken inventory over the kinds of responses I have gotten from conservatives on this forum for the past month. I have participated in all kinds of conversations. I started real conversations, acted nice to people, acted vindictive, then apologetic. While most responses to my controversial and adversarial posts have been snarky as expected, the responses to my more benevolent and benign posts were met with either a similar amount of snark, or avoided by conservatives completely.

The conclusion: people don't want to acknowledge their adversaries when they are at their best, they are much more willing to acknowledge them at their worst.
I love your sense of humor.

Captdon
06-27-2018, 11:11 AM
A lie.

Chris
06-27-2018, 11:50 AM
This constant talking about the forum and members is just plain nuts. Talk politics, history, law, whathaveyou.

donttread
07-02-2018, 05:00 PM

Being snarky or using insults as a go to is a sure sign of someone who either has no argument or lacks the skills to make one

jimmyz
07-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Would the OP be a good fellow and pass the salt please?

Admiral Ackbar
07-02-2018, 09:22 PM

This is some high level Bullshit! LOL

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=don+t+pee+down+my+back+and+tell+me+it+s+r aining&&view=detail&mid=E20D6EED43EC8C6B09CFE20D6EED43EC8C6B09CF&&FORM=VRDGAR

Lummy
07-03-2018, 03:45 AM
Wow, that's like 9 out of 10 snarky. Brilliant!

barb012
07-03-2018, 09:14 AM
This is some high level Bull$#@!! LOL

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=don+t+pee+down+my+back+and+tell+me+it+s+r aining&&view=detail&mid=E20D6EED43EC8C6B09CFE20D6EED43EC8C6B09CF&&FORM=VRDGAR

You failed when you just targeted conservatives as this explains your bias.

donttread
07-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Overall it wouldn't hurt most of here, myself included, to look in the proverbial mirror concerning the use of unprovoked insults or condescension. Or even escalation vs. response in kind when provoked.
Sometimes I follow my own advice but I should do so more often. I think we all have one or two posters we light up the insults with and they with us way too quickly.
I have had other posters caused me to think and learn from their position but never based upon insults.