PDA

View Full Version : My opinion about recent elections

Common
06-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Im sure conservatives and liberals alike will disagree with me.

I believe Paul Ryans never ending Rhetoric to dismantle Social Security and Medicare was a part of the reason Obama was elected TWICE. Obamas re election and romnys loss can be blamed on the far right teapary and their rhetoric.

The democrats lost the house and Senate because of Pelosi and the far lefts Antics and the disdain for Obamas policies.

Now we going into midterms again, I sense confidence amongst conservatives that there will no blue wave. Im bad at electon predictions and I predicted trump would not win the Presidency.

I think these midterms are going to have surprises and I believe the GOP will lose the house and keep the senate by the skin of their u know whats

Captdon
06-27-2018, 12:23 PM

I believe Paul Ryans never ending Rhetoric to dismantle Social Security and Medicare was a part of the reason Obama was elected TWICE. Obamas re election and romnys loss can be blamed on the far right teapary and their rhetoric.

The democrats lost the house and Senate because of Pelosi and the far lefts Antics and the disdain for Obamas policies.

Now we going into midterms again, I sense confidence amongst conservatives that there will no blue wave. Im bad at electon predictions and I predicted trump would not win the Presidency.

I think these midterms are going to have surprises and I believe the GOP will lose the house and keep the senate by the skin of their u know whats

You're letting the 51-49 split mean something it doesn't. For the Dems to take the Senate they have to hold all their seats and take two Republican seats. That just isn't possible.

The House is different. 24 seats is a possibility. I think it's a toss-up now but now isn't November.

Common
06-27-2018, 02:14 PM
You're letting the 51-49 split mean something it doesn't. For the Dems to take the Senate they have to hold all their seats and take two Republican seats. That just isn't possible.

The House is different. 24 seats is a possibility. I think it's a toss-up now but now isn't November.
I agree with you capt, I just read cruz is now leading his race

Tahuyaman
06-27-2018, 02:30 PM
Reforming Social Security does not mean dismantling it. That is a dishonest protrayal from the media.

donttread
07-02-2018, 04:52 PM

But despite their collective failure the "two major gangs " will get 95% of the votes.

Mini Me
07-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Reforming Social Security does not mean dismantling it. That is a dishonest protrayal from the media.
No, it is,nt! Its Ryans Agenda, and Koch agenda!

DGUtley
07-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Correction -- anything is possible (Except, of course, the Browns winning the Super Bowl any time soon).

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 12:11 PM
No, it is,nt! Its Ryans Agenda, and Koch agenda!

Please.....

barb012
07-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Under Obama they borrowed one trillion from social security and medicare funds as this provides then an incentive to dismantle social security.

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 02:13 PM

Romney didn’t lose the election because of the tea party. He lost because he was not a true conservative alternative to Obama. Conservatives did not rally around him. They were not motivated to come out and vote for him.

I think your predictions for the mid term elections won’t materialize.

DGUtley
07-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Romney didn’t lose the election because of the tea party. He lost because he was not a true conservative alternative to Obama. Conservatives did not rally around him. They were not motivated to come out and vote for him.

I also think the evangelicals stayed home.

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 02:25 PM
I also think the evangelicals stayed home.They are part of the conservative base.

donttread
07-03-2018, 09:26 PM

Let's see during Bushbama we had an equal split of power in the white house and various splits of power in congress. ALL of which collectively produced war, spending, debt, corporate sell outs, intrusion into personal and state's rights , etc.
The myth of getting something done starts with elect a president , then you need 50 plus % of the senate ., then 50 plus % of the house, then 60% and then you'll probably need 2/3rds. It's ALL bullshit, don't buy it unless you need it for your garden.

Mini Me
07-03-2018, 09:35 PM
They are part of the conservative base.

So are the Mormons!
I think many were turned off By Romoney's BAIN CAPITAL scheme, a typical ruse to rip off companies and bleed them of their assets. Typical Rethuglican theivery!

countryboy
07-03-2018, 09:47 PM

You're right, I disagree. And not just with your poor proofreading skills, lol. Republicans lose when they moderate, and distance themselves from constitutional, conservative principles. Did Trump do this? Did Romney? I am currently embarrassed that I voted for Romney/Ryan. What a disgrace those two turned out to be. I think there's still a faded, POS Romney/Ryan sticker on my trailer. I need to burn that thing off with my Bernzomatic MAPP gas torch. I just picked up a fresh cylinder today.

And by the way, the "teapary" was not "far right", and their "rhetoric" was, and is, SPOT ON.

donttread
07-05-2018, 09:46 AM

SS and Medicare are based upon funds taken from us at knifepoint ( like taxes) but earmarked for our retirement and paid for in a separate funding stream with promise, some of which have already been altered. In other words that's our money not the government's. SS and Medicare are mandatory retirement funds not general funds.
The finds were mismanaged but never restocked. The feds begin paying out claims the system wasn't set up for and we pay around three times the original percentage which funded retirements because of it. If they want out pay me my 40 K a year or so ( SS and Medicare estimate) for the average lifespan right now. And stop taking my children's money to fund a retirement they'll never see. But you can't take my money for a forced retirement plan for 40 plus years and then refuse to give it back. AARP has clout and old people vote . Further , if the government pursues this issue too hard some seniors will become recruits for the revolution minded.
If the government has ever had a bad odea ( and trust me they have) fucking with SS would be it's mother.

MisterVeritis
07-05-2018, 11:15 AM
SS and Medicare are based upon funds taken from us at knifepoint ( like taxes) but earmarked for our retirement and paid for in a separate funding stream with promise, some of which have already been altered. In other words that's our money not the government's. SS and Medicare are mandatory retirement funds not general funds.
You err. No funds are earmarked for your use. Both are taxes. Nothing more. The benefits are welfare benefits. It is time to end the programs and restore liberty to the people.

Don
07-05-2018, 11:45 AM
You're right, I disagree. And not just with your poor proofreading skills, lol. Republicans lose when they moderate, and distance themselves from constitutional, conservative principles. Did Trump do this? Did Romney? I am currently embarrassed that I voted for Romney/Ryan. What a disgrace those two turned out to be. I think there's still a faded, POS Romney/Ryan sticker on my trailer. I need to burn that thing off with my Bernzomatic MAPP gas torch. I just picked up a fresh cylinder today.

And by the way, the "teapary" was not "far right", and their "rhetoric" was, and is, SPOT ON.

http://b2.ifrm.com/28026/139/0/e507456//e507456.gif

What's ironic is that the democrats and RINO's have "progressively" moved so far to the left of where they used to be that the "Tea Party" candidates seem "far right." They are far to the right of the sellouts but not "far right."

Peter1469
07-05-2018, 03:21 PM
My social security benefit statement the last couple of years says the your benefit will be cut by 25% around 2035.

Jeb!
07-05-2018, 04:25 PM
I doubt any Obama-Trump voter would say that the Tea Party motivated them to vote for Obama, but if Trump had run on Paul Ryan's entitlement cuts and the John McCain's immigration and trade agenda, I have no doubt that he would have lost. There is no appetite for any of that. Romney didn't fail to turnout Republican base voters, he just won about zero crossover voters because he was running as a bland non-populist Republican while Obama had ridiculous black turnout that won't be repeated again.

Trump also depressed Democrat turnout by attacking Hillary Clinton as a corrupt warmonger. It only worked because it was true.

Tahuyaman
07-05-2018, 04:36 PM
So are the Mormons!
I think many were turned off By Romoney's BAIN CAPITAL scheme, a typical ruse to rip off companies and bleed them of their assets. Typical Rethuglican theivery!
Bain Capital had nothing to do with Romney’s loss.

While Romney didn’t win over most conservatives, he was and is a nice guy. He represents the personality traits most say that they want in their elected officials. However, the media portrayed him as a racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe and cruel to animals.