PDA

View Full Version : The second ‘civil’ war

stjames1_53
06-28-2018, 06:23 AM
The second ‘civil’ war
Bob Livingston

The “tolerant” left will tolerate nothing that doesn’t comport to their radical orthodoxy. And seeing their policies rejected by the electorate, they have sought to use government, the courts and a bullying media to force their will on others. Now they’re employing a new tactic: encouraging and engaging in outright bullying and physical confrontations.
In the last several days we’ve seen President Donald Trump’s Department of Homeland Security Secretary and her staff harassed as they ate at a public restaurant, Trump’s spokespuppet Sarah Huckabee Sanders asked to leave run out of a restaurant (where the restaurant owner then followed her family to another restaurant and verbally harangued them), Trump staffer Stephen Miller’s apartment swarmed by protesters who tacked up “Wanted” posters, Senator Mitch McConnell and his wife Elaine Chao, Secretary of Transportation, surrounded and shouted at by a mob of “students,” a DHS staffer reporting a decapitated and burned animal carcass being left on his porch, and Representative Maxine Waters (Communist-California) calling for organized mobs to look for “anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station,” and for them to “get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
The mainstream propaganda media are providing cover and granting legitimacy for these actions both subtly and overtly. Any calls for tamping down the vitriol are tepid and feckless, at best.
The violent, radical left seems to be revising its playbook from the 1970s. We’ve seen their protests and demonstrations escalate since Trump’s election.
Civility in political discussion is now passé. Of course, name-calling, expletives, ad hominems and physical attacks are the refuge of the ignorant. It’s a convenient fallback position for those unable or unwilling to defend their positions with facts.
It is also a common practice of the ignorant to automatically assign evil motives to a person or group expressing a counter opinion. Many reach the conclusion that any person or any group that disagrees politically or philosophically is somehow bad and intends to inflict as much harm or heartache as possible on their opponents.
But incivility in political discourse is not new. And anyone who takes an honest look at American history understands this.
Thomas Jefferson once said, “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.”
It pains many of us still, because as long as this practice continues we will be opposing one another rather than mounting opposition to those in positions of power who continue to steal our freedoms by passing unConstitutional laws and steal our wealth by debasing our currency.
As the left is increasingly inciting violence, it should bear in mind the maxim that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. There will eventually be a response by equally radical right.
Remember that governments — all governments — need crisis, no matter how much lip service they give to “peace.” Crisis is a well-known Machiavellian strategy to gain and solidify political power and persuade public opinion.
Crisis provides the stage where governments can control all sides. At least they can arrange events to “naturally” unfold.
We are living in critical times. We are seeing before our eyes the breakdown of the rule of law, which leads to the breakdown of law and order. It’s increasingly obvious that mass chaos if not outright civil war is the agenda of the radical left. Remember there is nothing “civil” about civil wars.

https://personalliberty.com/second-civil-war/

I blame the media for this. They are wanting a war to boost their ratings. By and large, they don't care how this will end, but they need the ratings.

Common
06-28-2018, 06:28 AM
I dont believe there will be a civil war, I believe there may be protests that turn into violent confrontations

MisterVeritis
06-28-2018, 08:50 AM
I dont believe there will be a civil war, I believe there may be protests that turn into violent confrontations
Hasn't it already started?

gamewell45
06-28-2018, 08:51 AM
I do not believe there will be another civil war. While some Americans may be divided on political issues and principals, when push comes to shove, we'll work things out without any major violence like we always have in the past. That's what makes this country of ours so great. Just my two cents on the issue.

HawkTheSlayer
06-28-2018, 09:36 AM
More like a Spanish-american war, with fringe progressive flakes that will get used and eliminated.

Mini Me
06-28-2018, 11:31 AM
Hasn't it already started?

Its still mostly a Civil Cold War.

But all the warning signs are there; Fascism thrives on civil disobedience of people. Then you can declare martial law and impose a fascist dictatorship. There is always a "bogeyman" to rally the haters around.

And having a war unites the haters!

barb012
06-28-2018, 11:56 AM
At this point the Democrats have only lit a match to begin a civil war and time will tell if that match worked to build a fire. I personally do not think our citizens are wanting a civil war.

MisterVeritis
06-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Yes. Civil wars are like that.

But all the warning signs are there; Fascism thrives on civil disobedience of people. Then you can declare martial law and impose a fascist dictatorship. There is always a "bogeyman" to rally the haters around.
The haters are on your team, the abnormals. Your team has been fighting for 18 months. The abnormals have been aggressive in preventing speech, just as one example. Your team has been murdering police. Your team has been trying to chase the Normals out of the public spaces. The Normals, many of us, are armed and trained. Eventually one of you abnormals will go too far.

Yes. Your team, the abnormals have been fighting since the election.

MisterVeritis
06-28-2018, 12:06 PM
At this point the Democrats have only lit a match to begin a civil war and time will tell if that match worked to build a fire. I personally do not think our citizens are wanting a civil war.
As a general rule, a civil war needs a tipping point. Prior to the tipping point, almost no one wants a war. Afterward it will seem that war was inevitable.

Peter1469
06-28-2018, 08:32 PM

Fascism is your team buddy. Don't out yourself.

donttread
06-29-2018, 09:22 AM
The second ‘civil’ war
Bob Livingston

The “tolerant” left will tolerate nothing that doesn’t comport to their radical orthodoxy. And seeing their policies rejected by the electorate, they have sought to use government, the courts and a bullying media to force their will on others. Now they’re employing a new tactic: encouraging and engaging in outright bullying and physical confrontations.
In the last several days we’ve seen President Donald Trump’s Department of Homeland Security Secretary and her staff harassed as they ate at a public restaurant, Trump’s spokespuppet Sarah Huckabee Sanders asked to leave run out of a restaurant (where the restaurant owner then followed her family to another restaurant and verbally harangued them), Trump staffer Stephen Miller’s apartment swarmed by protesters who tacked up “Wanted” posters, Senator Mitch McConnell and his wife Elaine Chao, Secretary of Transportation, surrounded and shouted at by a mob of “students,” a DHS staffer reporting a decapitated and burned animal carcass being left on his porch, and Representative Maxine Waters (Communist-California) calling for organized mobs to look for “anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station,” and for them to “get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
The mainstream propaganda media are providing cover and granting legitimacy for these actions both subtly and overtly. Any calls for tamping down the vitriol are tepid and feckless, at best.
The violent, radical left seems to be revising its playbook from the 1970s. We’ve seen their protests and demonstrations escalate since Trump’s election.
Civility in political discussion is now passé. Of course, name-calling, expletives, ad hominems and physical attacks are the refuge of the ignorant. It’s a convenient fallback position for those unable or unwilling to defend their positions with facts.
It is also a common practice of the ignorant to automatically assign evil motives to a person or group expressing a counter opinion. Many reach the conclusion that any person or any group that disagrees politically or philosophically is somehow bad and intends to inflict as much harm or heartache as possible on their opponents.
But incivility in political discourse is not new. And anyone who takes an honest look at American history understands this.
Thomas Jefferson once said, “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.”
It pains many of us still, because as long as this practice continues we will be opposing one another rather than mounting opposition to those in positions of power who continue to steal our freedoms by passing unConstitutional laws and steal our wealth by debasing our currency.
As the left is increasingly inciting violence, it should bear in mind the maxim that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. There will eventually be a response by equally radical right.
Remember that governments — all governments — need crisis, no matter how much lip service they give to “peace.” Crisis is a well-known Machiavellian strategy to gain and solidify political power and persuade public opinion.
Crisis provides the stage where governments can control all sides. At least they can arrange events to “naturally” unfold.
We are living in critical times. We are seeing before our eyes the breakdown of the rule of law, which leads to the breakdown of law and order. It’s increasingly obvious that mass chaos if not outright civil war is the agenda of the radical left. Remember there is nothing “civil” about civil wars.

https://personalliberty.com/second-civil-war/

I blame the media for this. They are wanting a war to boost their ratings. By and large, they don't care how this will end, but they need the ratings.

PC will eat itself. It has no choice. It rages against a Constitution ( as do many other political bents at least in part) that is largely based upon individualism while further dividing the sub groups of people it holds sacred and above the rest. The only long term results of such actions is to eventually defend individualism itself regardless of whether the individuals view point is in fact PC or not.