PDA

View Full Version : Firing on all cylinders....

Docthehun
06-29-2018, 09:10 AM
1st quarter 2018 GDP growth revised to a robust 2%...………..

Crepitus
06-29-2018, 09:40 AM
1st quarter 2018 GDP growth revised to a robust 2%...………..

Yeah, they keep putting out huge numbers first and then revising down down down for the next few months. They predicted 5% for the first quarter and we got 2%. They are predicting 5% for the second quarter. Wanna bet where we end up?

Captdon
06-29-2018, 11:33 AM
Yeah, they keep putting out huge numbers first and then revising down down down for the next few months. They predicted 5% for the first quarter and we got 2%. They are predicting 5% for the second quarter. Wanna bet where we end up?

They predicted 4% not 5%. Start with a little crap and the next thing you know you're running people out of the house.

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 11:59 AM

It's better than the 0.7 or robust 1.2% numbers we got during the Obama era.

I just heard heard a hack on MSNBC call our current situation "the Obama economy". He was trying to brag.

Peter1469
06-29-2018, 12:02 PM
5% is not really possible in a developed nation without some really bad conditions prior.

Stop making stuff up.

If members posted honestly this forum would work. But the deliberate bull shit kills.

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 12:02 PM
They predicted 4% not 5%. Start with a little crap and the next thing you know you're running people out of the house.

Theres is no doubt that our economy is steadily improving. Industries which were previously thought to be dead forever are gradually coming back. Good news is not welcome in the liberal world. They want more misery so we can create more dependence upon government.

Peter1469
06-29-2018, 12:03 PM
3% growth would be a good target.

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 12:04 PM

No one predicted 5%. However, I disagree with Peter on this. I think it is possible to reach that number.

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 12:05 PM
3% growth would be a good target. A gradual but steady increase is healthy. I don't like to see steep spikes.

Docthehun
06-29-2018, 12:29 PM
Sounds good to me. Slap on another coat of lipstick.

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 12:31 PM
Sounds good to me. Slap on another coat of lipstick.

As things continue to improve, you can continue complaining.

Docthehun
06-29-2018, 12:34 PM
As things continue to improve, you can continue complaining.

Thank you!

By the way, here's another tube of lipstick.

https://thinkprogress.org/larry-kudlow-lies-about-federal-deficit-on-fox-business-7f4c5caac6d5/

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 01:00 PM
An improving economy really disturbs liberals.

ripmeister
06-29-2018, 01:02 PM
The recent CBO report on the increasing debt does not bode well for the future.

Peter1469
06-29-2018, 01:13 PM
No one predicted 5%. However, I disagree with Peter on this. I think it is possible to reach that number.
5% for the US would be a harbinger of a crash.

Peter1469
06-29-2018, 01:14 PM
I have made several threads about it.

It is the reason I left the GOP in 2006. They spend like drunken democrats.

Common
06-29-2018, 03:44 PM
Best economy in decades thanks to Trump, you cant change obama was an economic failure. Every category, unemployment, minorities unemployed, people on foodstamps and welfare.

NO COMPARISON AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SPIN IT ANY OTHER WAY

ripmeister
06-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Best economy in decades thanks to Trump, you cant change obama was an economic failure. Every category, unemployment, minorities unemployed, people on foodstamps and welfare.

NO COMPARISON AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SPIN IT ANY OTHER WAY

Your claim is debatable but I have neither the time or inclination. Think what you want to think.

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 05:18 PM
5% for the US would be a harbinger of a crash. You could have a healthy economy which fluctuates between 2 and 5% throughout the year. You don’t need to have sustained 5% GDP growth.

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 05:20 PM

NO COMPARISON AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SPIN IT ANY OTHER WAY It is a fact that we are experiencing the most robust economic situation than we have in a very long time.

Tahuyaman
06-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Debt has been increasing for at least 100 years. Liberals are only concerned about it when the congress has a Republican majority. When Democrats are in the majority, it’s not an issue.

Docthehun
06-30-2018, 08:34 AM
Debt has been increasing for at least 100 years. Liberals are only concerned about it when the congress has a Republican majority. When Democrats are in the majority, it’s not an issue.

Oh please! Either it's an issue or it isn't and it doesn't matter which Party is in control. I for one consider it a big issue and up until this past election, so did Conservatives. Ask any Tea Party member or DGUtley. Presently, my fellow Republicans are, as previously described, spending like drunken sailors with the bill passed on to our kids and grandkids. Why is this no longer an issue?

DGUtley
06-30-2018, 08:40 AM
Docthehun, the debt and deficit is (in my opinion) probably the most critical national security and social crisis issue we have. I would not have cut personal taxes, at last not on myself. I don't like them but I would've cut spending and used the taxes to pay down the debt. I continue to believe it'll all have to either be managed to a reasonable level or this thing is going to crash and we will have chaos on our hands. It is immoral to sentence future generations to economic slavery. I want a BBA.

Corporate taxes? I don't know enough about it but I understand that we were high compared to other countries.

Tahuyaman
06-30-2018, 11:08 AM
Oh please! Either it's an issue or it isn't and it doesn't matter which Party is in control. I for one consider it a big issue and up until this past election, so did Conservatives. Ask any Tea Party member or @DGUtley (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2019). Presently, my fellow Republicans are, as previously described, spending like drunken sailors with the bill passed on to our kids and grandkids. Why is this no longer an issue?

When Democrars are in the majority, the debt is not an issue to them. When they are in the majority and we have a Republican president, the debt is his fault. Democrats never take responsibility for the results of their own policies.

Republicans often times try to out Democrat the Democrats.

Tahuyaman
06-30-2018, 11:12 AM
@Docthehun (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1986), the debt and deficit is (in my opinion) probably the most critical national security and social crisis issue we have. I would not have cut personal taxes, at last not on myself. I don't like them but I would've cut spending and used the taxes to pay down the debt. I continue to believe it'll all have to either be managed to a reasonable level or this thing is going to crash and we will have chaos on our hands. It is immoral to sentence future generations to economic slavery. I want a BBA.

Corporate taxes? I don't know enough about it but I understand that we were high compared to other countries.

When tax rates are cut, the ecomnomy is stimulated and revenues increase. Debt is increased because spending increases at a greater rate than the revenue increases. Tax cuts do not cause increased debt.

Docthehun
06-30-2018, 04:52 PM
@Docthehun (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1986), the debt and deficit is (in my opinion) probably the most critical national security and social crisis issue we have. I would not have cut personal taxes, at last not on myself. I don't like them but I would've cut spending and used the taxes to pay down the debt. I continue to believe it'll all have to either be managed to a reasonable level or this thing is going to crash and we will have chaos on our hands. It is immoral to sentence future generations to economic slavery. I want a BBA.

As usual, excellent response. In my case, if I had postponed the sale until this July, I would have saved a hair short of $113,000. That's a lot of dough, but the fact of the matter is that Uncle Sam would have been borrowing that $113,000 from the Chinese, charging me interest and sticking future generations with the tab. Corporations won't share the bill because our Republican led Congress conveniently made their tax cut permanent.

The argument that the tax cut will generate excess revenue through an improved economy has historically proven untrue in the long run. If you buy the Administration's take, we should, at the very least, be running a budget surplus by the end of the year. Any takers?

I just read this past week, that in 10 years, the debt will equal GDP. That is a scary number.

NapRover
06-30-2018, 06:47 PM
I’m a big believer that our trade deals have been disastrous. So I give Trump credit for trying to fix them or get out of them so we don’t sink deeper. He’s only had a year and a half, with the unclean undermining his every step. I give him a B+

jet57
06-30-2018, 07:34 PM
5% is not really possible in a developed nation without some really bad conditions prior.

Stop making stuff up.

If members posted honestly this forum would work. But the deliberate bull $#@! kills.

http://www.businessinsider.com/atlanta-fed-gdp-now-forecasts-5-percent-growth-in-q1-2018-2

The Atlanta Fed's GDPNow model forecasts 5.4% gross domestic product-growth in the first quarter.
That's much higher than what even the most bullish economists expect, but is based on only one month's worth of data for the quarter.
Many economists expect the economy to grow closer to 2.5% through 2019.

Safety
06-30-2018, 07:58 PM
Oh please! Either it's an issue or it isn't and it doesn't matter which Party is in control. I for one consider it a big issue and up until this past election, so did Conservatives. Ask any Tea Party member or DGUtley. Presently, my fellow Republicans are, as previously described, spending like drunken sailors with the bill passed on to our kids and grandkids. Why is this no longer an issue?

Because partisanship....no other explanation will make sense.

countryboy
06-30-2018, 08:31 PM

Then stop supporting policies that increase the debt.

Captdon
07-01-2018, 10:06 AM
As usual, excellent response. In my case, if I had postponed the sale until this July, I would have saved a hair short of $113,000. That's a lot of dough, but the fact of the matter is that Uncle Sam would have been borrowing that $113,000 from the Chinese, charging me interest and sticking future generations with the tab. Corporations won't share the bill because our Republican led Congress conveniently made their tax cut permanent.

The argument that the tax cut will generate excess revenue through an improved economy has historically proven untrue in the long run. If you buy the Administration's take, we should, at the very least, be running a budget surplus by the end of the year. Any takers?

I just read this past week, that in 10 years, the debt will equal GDP. That is a scary number.

End of the year? No one said that. Ten years was the promise.

It's all lies all the time. Neither side is really concerned about the debt or any deficit. The crash will come when they are out of office.

Docthehun
07-02-2018, 07:27 PM
End of the year? No one said that. Ten years was the promise.

It's all lies all the time. Neither side is really concerned about the debt or any deficit. The crash will come when they are out of office.

About that ten year prediction, is this what you were thinking about?

ripmeister
07-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Perhaps for some. Not for me.

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Perhaps for some. Not for me.
Were you a deficit hawk when Obama was in office with a Democrat congress? Were you a supporter of his failed stimulus plan?

ripmeister
07-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Then stop supporting policies that increase the debt.
I am opposed to policies that increase the debt. They are probably just different policies than the ones you oppose.

ripmeister
07-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Were you a deficit hawk when Obama was in office with a Democrat congress? Were you a supporter of his failed stimulus plan?

First off the stimulus was not failed. It probably prevented a full blown depression. That aside I've always been fiscally conservative. As I said before, where we likely differ is where we spend our money.

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 02:49 PM
First off the stimulus was not failed. It probably prevented a full blown depression. That aside I've always been fiscally conservative. As I said before, where we likely differ is where we spend our money. The stimulus plan was designed to pay back back Obama’s big donors. It did not prevent anything, but thanks for showing me that your awareness of deficit spending is dependent upon which political partyis in control at any given time.

countryboy
07-03-2018, 04:07 PM
I am opposed to policies that increase the debt. They are probably just different policies than the ones you oppose.

Do you favor tax cuts?

ripmeister
07-03-2018, 04:18 PM
The stimulus plan was designed to pay back back Obama’s big donors. It did not prevent anything, but thanks for showing me that your awareness of deficit spending is dependent upon which political partyis in control at any given time.
WTF are you talking about aside from being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

ripmeister
07-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Do you favor tax cuts?
In general yes, especially targeted tax cuts but I don't favor them at the expense of the deficit or the debt.

countryboy
07-03-2018, 04:24 PM
In general yes, especially targeted tax cuts but I don't favor them at the expense of the deficit or the debt.

When was the last time taxes were cut, and federal revenues went down?

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 04:27 PM
The stimulus plan was designed to pay back back Obama’s big donors. It did not prevent anything, but thanks for showing me that your awareness of deficit spending is dependent upon which political partyis in control at any given time.

WTF are you talking about aside from being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.
Just what do you dispute with my comment?

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 04:28 PM

When was the last time taxes were cut, and federal revenues went down?

Uh...Uh.... Never mind.

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 04:29 PM
In general yes, especially targeted tax cuts but I don't favor them at the expense of the deficit or the debt. Targeted where? To those who pay those taxes?

countryboy
07-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Uh...Uh.... Never mind.

Not sure what that has to so with my comment.

Captdon
07-03-2018, 04:33 PM
About that ten year prediction, is this what you were thinking about?

This what?

Captdon
07-03-2018, 04:37 PM
First off the stimulus was not failed. It probably prevented a full blown depression. That aside I've always been fiscally conservative. As I said before, where we likely differ is where we spend our money.

That's not true. The recession ended in July, 2009. Then came the recovery. Not one dime of stimulus money had been spent. The recovery was the slowest in history but no depression was going to happen after the recovery started.

Captdon
07-03-2018, 04:41 PM
The spending bill this year was a disgrace. Both parties gave up trying to solve a problem. They said,"To hell with it."

Trump really disappointed me by signing it. The parties have disappointed me since I first voted. My Senators disappoint me and so does mt Representative.

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Not sure what that has to so with my comment.
Think about it. Think about it in terms of sarcasm. It’s not hard.

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 04:45 PM
The spending bill this year was a disgrace. Both parties gave up trying to solve a problem. They said,"To hell with it."

Trump really disappointed me by signing it. The parties have disappointed me since i first voted. My Senators disappoint me and so does mt Representative.

I agree.

Tahuyaman
07-03-2018, 04:46 PM
That's not true. The recession ended in July, 2009. Then came the recovery. Not one dime of stimulus money had been spent. The recovery was the slowest in history but no depression was going to happen after the recovery started.

Your facts are ruining a good story.

countryboy
07-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Think about it. Think about it in terms of sarcasm. It’s not hard.

Lemme know if you want to have a normal discussion. I don't really do riddles.

Docthehun
07-03-2018, 06:44 PM
This what?

Sorry! Old man brain fart. Was sure I posted an article...…….missed my meds on a day I had a Dr.'s appt.! I'll look it back up and post.

Okay, "take two".

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-top-economic-adviser-claims-the-deficit-is-going-down-the-cbo-and-treasury-disagree/

Docthehun
07-03-2018, 07:03 PM

Trump really disappointed me by signing it. The parties have disappointed me since I first voted. My Senators disappoint me and so does mt Representative.

Well, here's where some of that wasted money got spent. Last time I looked, there were about 2,000 sitting out west. But hey, since it's military spending, it has to be a good thing. You would be unpatriotic to claim otherwise, although it certainly has the feel of digging holes, then filling them up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/fat-pentagon-budget-brings-jobs-to-struggling-ohio-tank-factory-and-a-political-payoff-for-trump/ar-AAzuRna?li=BBnb7Kz