PDA

View Full Version : The Federalist Society's List

Robo
06-30-2018, 09:55 AM
"The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies is a group of conservatives and libertarians interested in the current state of the legal order. It is founded on the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be." https://fedsoc.org

Donald Trump has a list of more than a dozen candidates for appointment to the Supreme Court, (pretty much by my investigation), provided to him by the Federalist Society.
While I'm not an ardent fan of special interest collectives or political parties, I can only say about Trump's list, if he can pick another judge from that list the cut of Neil Gorsuch, then I'll likely be well pleased.

Supposedly, the list is compiled with originalist, literalist judges who's decisions are found by understanding the plain English language as written in our Constitution, its correct definitions and logical, simplistic and honest intent and thereby said judges rule accordingly, without political bias or any desire to illegally amend the Constitution from the bench or legislate law from the bench, thereby upholding their respect for the Constitution and their oath of allegiance to same and their duty to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, (AS WRITTEN.)

DGUtley
06-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Yep. His commitment to select justices from The Federalist Society's list hooked a lot of us. If HRC had done the same, she'd be president today.