PDA

View Full Version : Potential leftist surge in New York could be tough for polls to pick up

gamewell45
07-02-2018, 07:31 AM
According to Kenneth Lovett, potential leftist surge in New York could be tough for polls to pick up. Polls in NY have not been accurate at all in recent elections which he cites examples; this is just another reason why I don't have a lot of faith in public polling, it so unreliable. Hence my boilerplate statement that the best and most accurate poll is conducted on election day.

ALBANY – If fired-up young and minority progressives are set to affect the state Democratic primaries, the polls could be the last to show it. Polling primaries has always been difficult because turnout has traditionally been low and hard to predict.But in New York, where the electorate is charged up in the President Trump era and 400,000 new Democrats have registered since 2014, it could make the job even tougher, forcing both public and private pollsters to engage in new models in hopes of getting it right.“I think campaigns today know that they have to look at different types of possible electorates or outcomes because of the uncertainty of who is going to come out to vote,” said Jefrey Pollock, president of the Global Strategy Group that is polling for Gov. Cuomo, who is facing a primary challenge from the left by actress Cynthia Nixon.
Relying heavily on past turnout won’t work like it used to, pollsters say.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-polls-cuomo-nixon-20180701-story.html

Cannons Front
07-02-2018, 07:35 AM
Polls have struggled to pick things up for years

Common
07-02-2018, 07:40 AM
Polling is having a difficult time because everyone I know tells me they lie to the pollsters when called or solicited and for the reasons stated in the op.

Trumps polling throughout the primary and election should prove that polling cant be taken as is.

donttread
07-02-2018, 09:25 AM
According to Kenneth Lovett, potential leftist surge in New York could be tough for polls to pick up. Polls in NY have not been accurate at all in recent elections which he cites examples; this is just another reason why I don't have a lot of faith in public polling, it so unreliable. Hence my boilerplate statement that the best and most accurate poll is conducted on election day.

ALBANY – If fired-up young and minority progressives are set to affect the state Democratic primaries, the polls could be the last to show it. Polling primaries has always been difficult because turnout has traditionally been low and hard to predict.But in New York, where the electorate is charged up in the President Trump era and 400,000 new Democrats have registered since 2014, it could make the job even tougher, forcing both public and private pollsters to engage in new models in hopes of getting it right.“I think campaigns today know that they have to look at different types of possible electorates or outcomes because of the uncertainty of who is going to come out to vote,” said Jefrey Pollock, president of the Global Strategy Group that is polling for Gov. Cuomo, who is facing a primary challenge from the left by actress Cynthia Nixon.
Relying heavily on past turnout won’t work like it used to, pollsters say.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-polls-cuomo-nixon-20180701-story.html

If NY moves any further left they'll have to re-write the Constitution except for NNY where we still believe in the BOR's and a little thing called individualism. We should join Vermont .