PDA

View Full Version : Bring This To A Vote TODAY

Cigar
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Obama to House GOP: Pass Hurricane Sandy aid "without delay"

President Obama issued a statement on Wednesday urging House Republicans to immediately pass Hurricane Sandy relief funds:

It has only been two months since Hurricane Sandy devastated communities across New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut as well as other eastern states. Our citizens are still trying to put their lives back together. Our states are still trying to rebuild vital infrastructure. And so, last month, working closely with the Governors of the affected states, I sent Congress an urgent request to support their efforts to rebuild and recover. The Senate passed this request with bipartisan support. But the House of Representatives has refused to act, even as there are families and communities who still need our help to rebuild in the months and years ahead, and who also still need immediate support with the bulk of winter still in front of us.

When tragedy strikes, Americans come together to support those in need. I urge Republicans in the House of Representatives to do the same, bring this important request to a vote today, and pass it without delay for our fellow Americans.

http://tpm.ly/134bvXG

... in other News ....

Rep. King calls for donation cut-off to fellow Republicans over stalled Sandy aid bill

A top House Republican lashed out at party leaders Wednesday over a decision to end the session without a vote on aid for Superstorm Sandy victims, going so far as to urge constituents to stop donating to congressional Republicans.

"I'm saying anyone from New York and New Jersey who contributes one penny to congressional Republicans is out of their minds," Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., told Fox News. "What they did last night was put a knife in the back of New Yorkers and New Jerseyans."

In the waning hours of the session, New York and New Jersey lawmakers from both parties were appealing to House leaders to reconsider the move and bring the bill to a vote. Lawmakers in the hard-hit region were expecting an aid bill to reach the floor before the new Congress is seated Thursday -- at that point, Congress would have to start anew on a Sandy package. But House Speaker John Boehner apparently decided to put off the vote until later in the month.

King called the decision a "disgrace" and "immoral" -- and accused fellow Republicans of turning away from New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. "What did they do? They knifed him in the back," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/house-adjourns-current-term-without-voting-on-sandy-aid-bill/

hanger4
01-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Why two threads on the same subject ??

Never mind, ya got beat up in your first one.

Cigar
01-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Why two threads on the same subject ??

Never mind, ya got beat up in your first one.

Just because I felt like it ... see how this works in the real world?

Chris
01-02-2013, 12:01 PM

For children, spoiled brats, yea, I do see how that often works.

hanger4
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM

OK, so we'll just beat ya up in this one too !!

Eliminate the pork and it already would have been passed.

Actually Senate Pubs proposed a shrinking of the $60.4 b package to $24 b for near-term and immediate relief this was defeated BY the Dems in the Senate.

Share the blame Cigar.

Cigar
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtLaRMe5slk&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Peter King said it will not be any money coming now until Feb.

There is even more opposition from Republicans!

This is coming from a GOP representative!

Cigar
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Christie, Cuomo Condemn House’s Inaction On Sandy Relief
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) on Wednesday released a joint statement in which they criticized the House of Representatives for adjourning on Tuesday night without voting on legislation to provide relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy.

The statement:

With all that New York and New Jersey and our millions of residents and small businesses have suffered and endured, this continued inaction and indifference by the House of Representatives is inexcusable. It has now been 66 days since Hurricane Sandy hit and 27 days since President Obama put forth a responsible aid proposal that passed with a bipartisan vote in the Senate while the House has failed to even bring it to the floor. This failure to come to the aid of Americans following a severe and devastating natural disaster is unprecedented. The fact that days continue to go by while people suffer, families are out of their homes, and men and women remain jobless and struggling during these harsh winter months is a dereliction of duty. When American citizens are in need we come to their aid. That tradition was abandoned in the House last night.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/christie-cuomo-condemn-houses-inaction-on-sandy-relief

Looks like its not a good week to be a Republican :)

Chris
01-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Why are you politicizing tragedy, cigar? You did the same with Sandy Hook.

Cigar
01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Why are you politicizing tragedy, cigar? You did the same with Sandy Hook.

I'm not the one creating the Republican mess they keep stepping in.

hanger4
01-02-2013, 12:38 PM

If it's all a Pub mess then why did the Dems block a scaled down version that would have popped 24b more or less right now ??

Chris
01-02-2013, 12:40 PM

The question was why politicize it, not will you politicize it again.

Either you sincerely care about the victims of Hurricane Sandy (and Sandy Hook) or you just want to use tragedy insincerely as fodder for your agenda.

Cigar
01-02-2013, 12:44 PM
The question was why politicize it, not will you politicize it again.

Either you sincerely care about the victims of Hurricane Sandy (and Sandy Hook) or you just want to use tragedy insincerely as fodder for your agenda.

I naturally care about both Sandy and sandy-hook ...

But I get tremendous joy from watching Republicans show their true colors.

It's been a great joy watching the clown show for the past 4 years and I'm look forward to seeing more comedy from the GOP and Republicans in the next 4 years.

Cigar
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
"There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims: the House majority and their speaker, John Boehner," he said. "This is not a Republican or Democratic issue. National disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters, not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night. Last night, politics was placed before hosts to serve our citizens. For me, it was disappointing and disgusting to watch."

"Last night the House of Representatives failed that most basic test of public service, and they did so with callous indifference to the suffering of the people of my state," said Christie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/chris-christie-sandy_n_2396537.html

Wow ... just wow

Chris
01-02-2013, 03:13 PM

It's been a great joy watching the clown show for the past 4 years and I'm look forward to seeing more comedy from the GOP and Republicans in the next 4 years.

Thanks, you just admitted you're a troll.

Cigar
01-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks, you just admitted you're a troll.

If enjoying to watch Republican Politicians make fools out of themselves makes me a troll in your mind, then what would I care?

Chris
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
If enjoying to watch Republican Politicians make fools out of themselves makes me a troll in your mind, then what would I care?

Politicizing tragedy without any intent to engage in discussion is a way of trolling. Why should you care? The more you troll the less people will take you seriously.

hanger4
01-02-2013, 04:08 PM
"There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims: the House majority and their speaker, John Boehner," he said. "This is not a Republican or Democratic issue. National disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters, not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night. Last night, politics was placed before hosts to serve our citizens. For me, it was disappointing and disgusting to watch."

"Last night the House of Representatives failed that most basic test of public service, and they did so with callous indifference to the suffering of the people of my state," said Christie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/chris-christie-sandy_n_2396537.html

Wow ... just wow

If it's all a Pub mess then why did the Dems block a scaled down version that would have popped 24b more or less right now ??

Agravan
01-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Cigar will never answer this question because he is only interested in making Repubs look bad. His party already looks as bad as it is possible to look.

zelmo1234
01-02-2013, 05:43 PM

You still ahve not answer, what do you think about the Democrats in the Senate not passing the 24 billion in releif that would have already been on it's way.

If you really care about those people then the Democrats should have goten them the 24 billion and fought about the rest later?

Son't you think