PDA

View Full Version : We are all Kooks

MisterVeritis
07-10-2018, 02:24 PM
We are all kooks.

I am a kook when it comes to human-caused global warming as the primary reason for the warming trend we find ourselves in. I believe some of the science is real and some of the science is manipulated. I believe the government agencies that fund the climate change studies are inclined to seek out studies to promote the idea of human-caused catastrophe in the future as a means to grow their budgets.

In what areas are you a kook?

DLLS
07-10-2018, 02:26 PM
I'm coo coo for coco puffs.

In what areas am I a kook? How much time do you have?

texan
07-10-2018, 02:28 PM
I believe in 2000 coffee was bad for me.
In 2005 it was good for me.
In 2009 it was bad for me.
In 2017 its good for me.

The ice caps have been melting for 150-200 years. Nothings changed. It may be warming for a period, them cooling for a period. Get over yourselves.

MisterVeritis
07-10-2018, 02:28 PM
I'm coo coo for coco puffs.

In what areas am I a kook? How much time do you have?
This is a board. If you post too much we will grow bored. Don't be boorish. Just list and explain the top hundred or so.

MisterVeritis
07-10-2018, 02:29 PM
I believe in 2000 coffee was bad for me.
In 2005 it was good for me.
In 2009 it was bad for me.
In 2017 its good for me.

The ice caps have been melting for 150-200 years. Nothings changed. It may be warming for a period, them cooling for a period. Get over yourselves.
Okay. In what areas of life do you realize you are a kook?

DLLS
07-10-2018, 02:36 PM
Not sure if this is "kook" or paranoia

I do not believe that crap about government surveillance of every thing we say, do, eat, drink, smoke, etc. is designed to protect us from terrorism, but designed to make Orwell's 1984 a reality.

Just exactly how has our government protected us from terrorist acts by spying on us?

The Russians told the U.S. Government about the Tsarneyev brothers and we ignored the warning. Think how many lives and limbs would have been saved if the government would have decided to spy on the Tsarneyev brothers instead of my phone call to Dominoes Pizza.

The wife and accomplice of the San Bernardino shooter lied on her Finance visa application, providing a false address. Did the government decide to investigate her?

This crap of "we need to be allowed to spy on you for your own good" is a bunch of crap.

Is that kooky enough for you?

MisterVeritis
07-10-2018, 02:37 PM

I do not believe that crap about government surveillance of every thing we say, do, eat, drink, smoke, etc. is designed to protect us from terrorism, but designed to make Orwell's 1984 a reality.

Just exactly how has our government protected us from terrorist acts by spying on us?

The Russians told the U.S. Government about the Tsarneyev brothers and we ignored the warning. Think how many lives and limbs would have been saved if the government would have decided to spy on the Tsarneyev brothers instead of my phone call to Dominoes Pizza.

The wife and accomplice of the San Bernardino shooter lied on her Finance visa application, providing a false address. Did the government decide to investigate her?

This crap of "we need to be allowed to spy on you for your own good" is a bunch of crap.

Well, maybe.

Helena
07-10-2018, 02:38 PM
I hate narcissists and I'm never wrong.

MisterVeritis
07-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Understood. I am nearly always right. We are close on that issue.

DLLS
07-10-2018, 02:53 PM

Never ever?

DGUtley
07-10-2018, 03:11 PM
I am a kook on free speech. I believe let it all out. I don't care how upsetting it is to someone (or me) let it all out.
I am a kook on debt -- I abhor it. My partners and I fight about this all the time. There is no good debt. Only debt to retire.
I am a kook on being treated like I'm hillbilly white trash. I have made lawyers from 'the big city' try lawsuits just b/c they treated me like they were better than me. Won some, lost some -- but they knew they had a fight.

Helena
07-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Never ever?
I said what I said.

Tahuyaman
07-10-2018, 03:40 PM
I believe my conversations in my home are being recorded through my smart tv and amazon echo.

donttread
07-10-2018, 04:17 PM
We are all kooks.

I am a kook when it comes to human-caused global warming as the primary reason for the warming trend we find ourselves in. I believe some of the science is real and some of the science is manipulated. I believe the government agencies that fund the climate change studies are inclined to seek out studies to promote the idea of human-caused catastrophe in the future as a means to grow their budgets.

In what areas are you a kook?

Well how kooky of you. Don't you know that all issues are completely the fault of either the dems or repubs depending on who's "side" you are on? If they aren't they are the fault of whatever theory is supported by the "other party".
There is no room for multi-factorial answers even for complex issues like Climate change. And the "other side" always manipulates science but only the "other side.

My kookiness is that I tend believe both major parties but only when they trash each other. I expect the people we hire to run the country to work together to do so better than say spending more than they take in 17-18 years in a row. Just as my employer would expect me to work with someone I disagreed with and get the job done.
And there is no place for that kind of "Kooky thinking" in modern politics!

DLLS
07-10-2018, 04:21 PM
I believe my conversations in my home are being recorded through my smart tv and amazon echo.

Not as "kooky" as some might think. Wasn't there a news item awhile back about a smart television maker that was including cameras in the sets they produced?

It was a better world when the only thing connected to the phone line was the phone not, as in my case, a wireless router or gateway whatever the heck it's called.

Blues63
07-10-2018, 04:56 PM
I'm a Kook regarding 9/11 conspiracy theories. I just love to research and debunk the many irrational theories that have sprung up since that awful day.

DLLS
07-10-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm a Kook regarding 9/11 conspiracy theories. I just love to research and debunk the many irrational theories that have sprung up since that awful day.

You mean like the statements by some that steel does not melt? I always ask them to take me to the farms where they grow all the frames for automobiles. I would really like to see where they grow those beams they use in skyscrapers. They must have some heavy duty equipment to harvest them with.

donttread
07-10-2018, 05:08 PM

I'm not really a big fan of such theories however I have a question. When you debunk these theories what information do you use? Government information?

Blues63
07-10-2018, 05:19 PM
I'm not really a big fan of such theories however I have a question. When you debunk these theories what information do you use? Government information?

Some, but there are many private institutions that have studied the collapses as well. For instance, the NIST's report was issued by the government, but there were many independent contributors to the findings as much of the analytical work was outsourced.

donttread
07-10-2018, 05:26 PM
I am a kook on free speech. I believe let it all out. I don't care how upsetting it is to someone (or me) let it all out.
I am a kook on debt -- I abhor it. My partners and I fight about this all the time. There is no good debt. Only debt to retire.
I am a kook on being treated like I'm hillbilly white trash. I have made lawyers from 'the big city' try lawsuits just b/c they treated me like they were better than me. Won some, lost some -- but they knew they had a fight.

Nothin wrong with hillbilly white trash!

donttread
07-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Some, but there are many private institutions that have studied the collapses as well. For instance, the NIST's report was issued by the government, but there were many independent contributors to the findings as much of the analytical work was outsourced.

So the researchers were .. hiired by the government? Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

mamooth
07-10-2018, 05:29 PM
I believe that I'm irresistible to women.

Who knew the entire planet was filled with gay women? I mean, what other reason could there be that they don't adore me?

Blues63
07-10-2018, 05:37 PM
So the researchers were .. hiired by the government? Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

Well, some of them worked for companies contracted by the government, but not all. Independent universities have also produced findings that agree with the NIST's report, and some of them exist outside the US.

I do know where you're coming from, as it is a common talking point among the CT fraternity, but not all research was paid for by a government that had (according the CTist's) an interest in the manipulation of the findings. They use it as a tactic to poison the well by inferring that all research paid for by the government is subject to government influence, but that's not the case in this example as the findings have been corroborated independently.

There are also enormous logistical and logic problems with the CTist's claims before we even address the mechanics of the collapses.

MisterVeritis
07-10-2018, 05:54 PM

Who knew the entire planet was filled with gay women? I mean, what other reason could there be that they don't adore me?
You know that look women give you when they really want to have sex with you?

Yeah. Me neither.

Mini Me
07-10-2018, 05:54 PM

Your Domino's pizza call is highly suspicious! And still is;

Domino theory of Commieism
And Pizza gate den of perverts

See what I mean?:laugh:

Mini Me
07-10-2018, 05:58 PM

Most people go home and watch TV.
I go home and my TV watches me!

But i am not paranoid!!!! Noooo!

Mini Me
07-10-2018, 06:02 PM

You are a DEBUNKER!

That's why we have debunkers to debunk the debunkers!

Captdon
07-10-2018, 06:09 PM
I am a kook when someone when someone thinks I don't know anything because I don't have a degree. They laugh and then lose.

jimmyz
07-10-2018, 06:11 PM
I'm a kook in all things political to my youngest Sanders voter daughter.

I'm a kook to my exes because I made them my exes.

I'm a kook to this annoying Toyota salesman because I told him his truck was last re-designed in 2007 and only has 310 horse-power. Pro-tip.... don't shop trucks from your office phone because once their caller ID scoops you up they will bug the shit out of you. His manager gets a call after his next call.

I'm a kook to Crepitus here because he's a kookier kook than me.

I'm a kook in public bathrooms because I refuse to touch the door handle without a paper towel between me and the germs there.

Captdon
07-10-2018, 06:12 PM

I know metal. When heated enough, and they were, beams weaken. With 50 stories above the weak point there was no way they could support them. So, down they came.

I knew it when it happened. No government had to tell me. Every metal worker i know knew it at the time.

The puffs you saw was the air being compressed and blown outward.

Tahuyaman
07-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Don’t confuse snobs with kooks.

DLLS
07-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Nothin wrong with hillbilly white trash!

Well there is "hillbilly white trash" and then there is "hillbilly white trash" that don't like Waylon or Lynyrd Skynyrd. I prefer to be the former.

Mini Me
07-10-2018, 06:16 PM

Ask Larry Silverstein how he profited when the Towers came down!?

Mini Me
07-10-2018, 06:19 PM

Could it be you have B.O.?

Helena
07-10-2018, 06:27 PM
The flu is overblown, used as a scare and control tactic and anyone who gets the flu shot is naive, misinformed and has bought into lies.

Forcing flu vaccinations is abominable.

Ethereal
07-10-2018, 06:37 PM
The flu is overblown, used as a scare and control tactic and anyone who gets the flu shot is naive, misinformed and has bought into lies.

I remember when people just got the flu and were sick for a few days. Now everyone wants to take a pill or an injection for every little thing. It's ridiculous.

ODB
07-10-2018, 06:40 PM
I'm a kook on believing there already is a cure for cancer (and other ailments), but the big pharma will not release any of this info because they'd start losing money.

Ethereal
07-10-2018, 06:40 PM
I heard a commercial on the radio the other day that said you should get a flu shot every year. I felt like I was in a bad sci-fi movie or something.

ODB
07-10-2018, 06:43 PM
I heard a commercial on the radio the other day that said you should get a flu shot every year. I felt like I was in a bad sci-fi movie or something.
I've never had a flu shot, and intend to never get one. It's amazing how much they are pushed though.

I believe the flu shots cause more damage than good - even if it doesn't show up immediately.

Ethereal
07-10-2018, 06:46 PM
I've never had a flu shot, and intend to never get one. It's amazing how much they are pushed though.

I believe the flu shots cause more damage than good - even if it doesn't show up immediately.

Agree.

DLLS
07-10-2018, 06:47 PM

I offer a free yearly injection to women to help guard against the flu. One of these days I hope one takes me up on it.

Helena
07-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Do they still do the classroom flu mists?

Never signed the permission forms for that. In fact, I seem to remember keeping my kids home on the scheduled days just in case.

I'd rather my kids got the dreaded flu over the vaccine(s)

Guess whose family has never had the flu. (exception being the husband that comes down with man-flu)

Ethereal
07-10-2018, 06:54 PM
I just looked it up on the CDC website: They recommend a flu shot every year.

Ridiculous!

DLLS
07-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Anyone with any current statistics on how effective the vaccine is? Spoiler alert, not very.

Blues63
07-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Ask Larry Silverstein how he profited when the Towers came down!?

Yes, I've read all the stories and he didn't really profit at all when you delve right into it. Anyway, how could he demolish his own building with explosives without the FDNY uncovering the sabotage?

Blues63
07-10-2018, 07:16 PM
You are a DEBUNKER!

That's why we have debunkers to debunk the debunkers!

Yes, but a CTist has never won a debate against me. Are you up for it?

texan
07-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Okay. In what areas of life do you realize you are a kook?
My humor. Sometimes I am just making myself laugh.

I like that that people think I am smart. I am not. Well maybe I am, no I am not. Final answer.

ODB
07-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Guess whose family has never had the flu. (exception being the husband that comes down with man-flu)

I give up. Whose family?

I believe the man-flu is a farce started by males for nefarious reasons.

Helena
07-10-2018, 08:26 PM
I give up. Whose family? I give up, too.

Incoming male bashing.. LOOK AWAY if you're an overly sensitive twit with an 'a'.

It'd be a much easier pill to swallow if they would just tell the truth! They're tired, they have a cold, they need a break... Their acting skills leave a lot to be desired and if sympathy is what they're after, they'd do better to go with the truth rather than the romantic fantasy of them dying.

We love them. We love our men. We really do. We just love them a little less when they come down with their version of the flu. :grin:

zachroidott
07-10-2018, 08:44 PM
I give up. Whose family?

Yeah, it's our PMS.

Helena
07-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Yeah, it's our PMS.
There, there. You'll grow out of it.

zachroidott
07-10-2018, 08:48 PM
There, there. You'll grow out of it.
Then, you can deal with our hot flashes. Poor, poor horseys.

DLLS
07-10-2018, 08:49 PM
I like that that people think I am smart. I am not. Well maybe I am, no I am not. Final answer.

You sure you don't want to phone a friend?

Helena
07-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Then, you can deal with our hot flashes. Poor, poor horseys.

Farts, you mean farts.

We all suffer.

DLLS
07-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Yeah, it's our PMS.

What does pre-moistened sugar have to do with it?

zachroidott
07-10-2018, 08:54 PM
What does pre-moistened sugar have to do with it?

Dunno, but women love that word.

zachroidott
07-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Farts, you mean farts.

We all suffer.
Dutch ovens are cruel cooking environs.

Helena
07-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Only the strong survive.

ODB
07-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Yeah, it's our PMS.
Awe! I'd bring you chocolates, or whatever else your heart would desire in such misery.

:hello:

ODB
07-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Only the strong survive.

That IS a kooky thought!

zachroidott
07-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Awe! I'd bring you chocolates, or whatever else your heart would desire in such misery.

:hello:
Must...fight...inner-child

Helena
07-11-2018, 01:31 AM
that is a kooky thought!
Out of context! :undecided:

Captdon
07-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Yes, I've read all the stories and he didn't really profit at all when you delve right into it. Anyway, how could he demolish his own building with explosives without the FDNY uncovering the sabotage?

You're new here. You don't know what you're dealing with. This guy is comic relief.

donttread
07-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Never ever?

"It's a joke son, it's a joke"

donttread
07-11-2018, 10:43 AM
Well there is "hillbilly white trash" and then there is "hillbilly white trash" that don't like Waylon or Lynyrd Skynyrd. I prefer to be the former.

There are people that don't like Lynyrd Skynyrd?? Say it ain't so!

donttread
07-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Why do you think they keep working on test tube babies? As soon as they figure out how to run a fork lift, drive a semi, wage war , bail hay grow crops, build stuff and open jars we men are screwed. Or rather NOT screwed!

jigglepete
07-11-2018, 10:51 AM
I read an article about a family who had a private conversation recorded by their Alexa, and then it randomly sent it to one of their contacts... maybe not so kooky?

donttread
07-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Well, some of them worked for companies contracted by the government, but not all. Independent universities have also produced findings that agree with the NIST's report, and some of them exist outside the US.

I do know where you're coming from, as it is a common talking point among the CT fraternity, but not all research was paid for by a government that had (according the CTist's) an interest in the manipulation of the findings. They use it as a tactic to poison the well by inferring that all research paid for by the government is subject to government influence, but that's not the case in this example as the findings have been corroborated independently.

There are also enormous logistical and logic problems with the CTist's claims before we even address the mechanics of the collapses.

My point is that this extends to other topics. Say you don't buy the unemployment stats. Well bud they are right here in black and white published by the same government that : Brought you "Refer Madness" , Lied to you about spying on Americans but then when the cat jumped out of the bag KEPT right on spying on Americans, change the way stats are kept periodically to make them look more acceptable , would have you believe that government snipers miss by 2 people but deliver a perfect kill shot anyway. On and on . So when someone challenges the government's claims we have to remember that they are proven liars and we should not simply reply on the proven liars numbers and accounts to refute the claim. Otherwise the claim , no matter how apparently absurd , has NOT been properly refuted.

jigglepete
07-11-2018, 10:55 AM

But how else will they be able to insert the micro-GPS trackers!?!

Helena
07-11-2018, 11:04 AM
But how else will they be able to insert the micro-GPS trackers!?!
Believe it or not, some people voluntarily are chipped.

jigglepete
07-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Believe it or not, some people voluntarily are chipped.
Alzheimer's?
(Please avert your eyes if you tend towards pc)
A woman is with her missing husband's doctor, the doctor says " your husband has been diagnosed with either Aids, or Alzheimer's I am sorry, we don't know which." The wife replies " oh my, what ever should I do?!" The doctor replies, "well, if he comes home? Don't fvck him."
Sorry, sorry (but I'm not sorry).

donttread
07-11-2018, 11:22 AM
I read an article about a family who had a private conversation recorded by their Alexa, and then it randomly sent it to one of their contacts... maybe not so kooky?

Remember the government denied spying on americans until they got caught. I personally think they sell info to marketers to fund black ops. I mean , they've got the info, we are to pathetic to stop them from collecting it , why not profit?
We should organize and electronics strike once a week. People who are able do the whole day , teens do...... 30 minutes at first. Then when you go back on start Googling things you have no interest in. Finally those with Alexia just talk to alexia about very specific things for a few days and then wait for the cyber ads to show up.

Blues63
07-11-2018, 07:20 PM
My point is that this extends to other topics. Say you don't buy the unemployment stats. Well bud they are right here in black and white published by the same government that : Brought you "Refer Madness" , Lied to you about spying on Americans but then when the cat jumped out of the bag KEPT right on spying on Americans, change the way stats are kept periodically to make them look more acceptable , would have you believe that government snipers miss by 2 people but deliver a perfect kill shot anyway. On and on . So when someone challenges the government's claims we have to remember that they are proven liars and we should not simply reply on the proven liars numbers and accounts to refute the claim. Otherwise the claim , no matter how apparently absurd , has NOT been properly refuted.

I understand your scepticism, but science is science and once the reports are available, the findings are open to critique, and in the case of 9/11, much of this has been discussed, perused, and evaluated by people in the engineering field with only a tiny minority disagreeing with the findings, and these individuals tend toward the fringe.

Some in the community disagreed with aspects of the report which were rectified in the appendices.

Captdon
07-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Perhaps you could try a little common sense. If you are young try to learn as you grow older. Or, do nothing.

MisterVeritis
07-11-2018, 07:31 PM
I am a kook. I believe a penalty written into the law is a penalty, not a tax. Many of you are not kooks. You believe a penalty is a tax when it needs to be. Justice Robert, and Judge Kavanaugh both believe a penalty, written into law as a penalty is actually a tax.

Many of you go along with Justice Roberts and Judge Kavanaugh and accept that a penalty written into law as a penalty is actually a tax.