PDA

View Full Version : John Boehner Yelled At Frank LoBiondo Over Sandy Aid

Cigar
01-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Boehner had a heated exchange with Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-N.J.), one of the members urging the House Republican leadership to bring up the Sandy legislation, according to fellow Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.). The House adjourned on Tuesday night without passing the $60.4 billion Sandy relief package that the Senate approved last week.

"I was chasing the Speaker all over the House floor last night, trying to talk to him and his staff," King said on CNN on Wednesday morning. "He kept telling me, wait until the vote is over, wait until the fiscal cliff vote is over, everything will be taken care of. And then he was gone. He refused to meet with us. He actually yelled at Congressman LoBiondo, saying, 'I'm not meeting with you people.'"

LoBiondo spokesman Jason Galanes confirmed that King's account was "accurate."

In a follow-up interview with Politicker NJ, LoBiondo said he had received assurances from House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) that the Sandy bill would come up for a vote as soon as the fiscal cliff deal was voted on.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/john-boehner-frank-lobiondo-sandy-aid_n_2397250.html

Peter1469
01-03-2013, 08:24 AM
The aid package is 2 times the size of NJ's budget. I imagine 90% of this is waste and fraud.

Cigar
01-03-2013, 08:26 AM
The aid package is 2 times the size of NJ's budget. I imagine 90% of this is waste and fraud.

and Louisiana got twice as much ... care to explain?

hanger4
01-03-2013, 08:41 AM

And the Senate Dems blocked an immediate 24 billion to Sandy victims.

Care to explain ??

Cigar
01-03-2013, 08:49 AM
And the Senate Dems blocked an immediate 24 billion to Sandy victims.

Care to explain ??

... and now the Truth ...

GOP wants $24 billion for Sandy aid, Senate Dems want $60 billion
http://www.the-leader.com/newsnow/x1922380314/GOP-wants-24-billion-for-Sandy-aid-Senate-Dems-want-60-billion

Senate Republicans on Wednesday proposed a $24 billion emergency aid package for Superstorm Sandy victims, less than half of what Democrats hope to pass by Christmas.

The GOP alternative bill would provide more than enough money to pay for immediate recovery efforts through the spring.
Republicans complain that the $60.4 billion Democratic bill being debated in the Senate is larded with money for projects unrelated to damage from the late October storm, which battered the Atlantic coastline from North Carolina to Maine.

The Republican version does not include $13 billion Democrats want for projects to protect against future storms, including fortification of mass transit systems in the Northeast and protecting vulnerable seaside areas by building jetties against storm surges.

Republicans said however worthy such projects may be, they are not urgently needed and should be considered by Congress in the usual appropriations process next year, not through emergency spending.

Fox News causes you to post Bull-Shit and look stupid :laugh:

hanger4
01-03-2013, 09:06 AM
... and now the Truth ...

GOP wants $24 billion for Sandy aid, Senate Dems want $60 billion
http://www.the-leader.com/newsnow/x1922380314/GOP-wants-24-billion-for-Sandy-aid-Senate-Dems-want-60-billion

Senate Republicans on Wednesday proposed a $24 billion emergency aid package for Superstorm Sandy victims, less than half of what Democrats hope to pass by Christmas.

The GOP alternative bill would provide more than enough money to pay for immediate recovery efforts through the spring.
Republicans complain that the $60.4 billion Democratic bill being debated in the Senate is larded with money for projects unrelated to damage from the late October storm, which battered the Atlantic coastline from North Carolina to Maine.

The Republican version does not include $13 billion Democrats want for projects to protect against future storms, including fortification of mass transit systems in the Northeast and protecting vulnerable seaside areas by building jetties against storm surges.

Republicans said however worthy such projects may be, they are not urgently needed and should be considered by Congress in the usual appropriations process next year, not through emergency spending.

Fox News causes you to post Bull-Shit and look stupid :laugh:

Really ??

Your post only augmented what I've said !!

Cigar
01-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Well heaven forbid someone actually be proactive and not only Fix the problem but insure what is fixed, stays fixed.

How stupid ... lets just put a band-aid on it.

hanger4
01-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Well heaven forbid someone actually be proactive and not only Fix the problem but insure what is fixed, stays fixed.

How stupid ... lets just put a band-aid on it.

Thanks for making my point Cigar.

That's exactly what the Pub bill would have done.

24b in immediate relief funds and time to sort out the pork.

Cigar
01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for making my point Cigar.

That's exactly what the Pub bill would have done.

24b in immediate relief funds and time to sort out the pork.

Wrong ... you have to start work on the infrastructure at the same time you're providing immediate relief to individuals. Believe it or not, FEMA and US Army Core has more experience at this than congress.

Peter1469
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM

Politics?

And how much of the Katrina aid was waste and fraud? A lot of it.

Cigar
01-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Politics?

And how much of the Katrina aid was waste and fraud? A lot of it.

So your professional response to disasters now is to do nothing or do little.

Brilliant move ... we'll never see another Republican in The White House again.

Man you guys are popular ... and Progressives are loving it.

hanger4
01-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Wrong ... you have to start work on the infrastructure at the same time you're providing immediate relief to individuals. Believe it or not, FEMA and US Army Core has more experience at this than congress.

And where has FEMA and the Army Corp of Engineers chimed in demanding 60b of pork laden relief funds ??

Peter1469
01-03-2013, 09:34 AM

How did you come to that conclusion? Don't you think there are options between massive waste and fraud and doing nothing? If not, why not?

And I am not a republican. I don't care if they get into the White House.

Cigar
01-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Hey guys ... I'm all in-favor in of Republicans continuing down the path they have chosen.

It's smells like Victory

“These Republicans have no problem finding New York when they’re out raising millions of dollars,” King said on Fox News. “They’re in New York all the time filling their pockets with money from New Yorkers. I’m saying right now, anyone from New York or New Jersey who contributes one penny to congressional Republicans is out of their minds. Because what they did last night was put a knife in the back of New Yorkers and New Jerseyans. It was an absolute disgrace.”
~ Peter King

Peter1469
01-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Hey guys ... I'm all in-favor in of Republicans continuing down the path they have chosen.

It's smells like Victory

~ Peter King

What are the post economic collapse plans? Spend more money that we don't have?

Cigar
01-03-2013, 09:38 AM
What are the post economic collapse plans? Spend more money that we don't have?

Well ... if there's no such thing as Climate Change ... the expect to pay more later.

Peter1469
01-03-2013, 09:54 AM
You can think about it for a while. Maybe post a relevant response?

Cigar
01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
And where has FEMA and the Army Corp of Engineers chimed in demanding 60b of pork laden relief funds ??

Peter King: Darrell Issa ‘1,000 Percent Wrong’ On Criticism Of Sandy Relief Legislation
After walking back his scathing criticism of House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) over Hurricane Sandy relief aid, Rep. Peter King (R-NY) on Thursday shifted his tough talk toward one of the legislation's most vocal opponents, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA).

On Wednesday, Issa defended Boehner for adjourning the House on Tuesday night before taking up the relief package and denounced the bill for being "packed" with pork, a charge that the New York lawmaker sought to refute during an appearance on CNN.

First of all, with all due respect, Darrell Issa is 1,000 percent wrong. There is absolutely no pork in the bill. There were some items that were added in the senate involving Alaska, which is less than one percent of the bill. Even though it's only one percent of the bill, every one of those items was removed from the House bill and I wish Darrell Issa had learned that and looked into that before he went public and said that my constitituents should not get their homes rebuilt, should not have the waste management plants rebuild, that Gov. Christie should not be given the opportunity to rebuild New Jersey and Gov. Cuomo in New York. Every dollar that Gov. Christie, Gov. Cuomo and Mayor Bloomberg requested has been documented, the speaker will tell you that, the majority leader will tell you that. There is no pork and to somehow say that $33 billion is pork, Darrell Issa, with all due respect is 1,000 percent wrong. I say that again: 1,000 percent wrong. The speaker disagrees with him, and if he wants to take it up with somebody, call Gov. Christie.

Read more: http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/peter-king-darrell-issa-1-000-percent-wrong

Cigar
01-03-2013, 10:03 AM
It's a bit amusing watching Peter King and Christie freak out because the assholes in their asshole club are acting like assholes. And it's too much to ask for them to generalize their current situation - sometimes people are down and need help, even without a hurricane.

Chris
01-03-2013, 10:06 AM

As Hanger has shown the Dems refused to do anything about to so we'll never see another Democrat in The White House again.

Man you guys are popular ... and libertarians are loving it.

hanger4
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
OK Cigar, with all your bloviating posts you have yet to answer these two simple questions.

(1) And the Senate Dems blocked an immediate 24 billion to Sandy victims.

Care to explain ??

And

(2) And where has FEMA and the Army Corp of Engineers chimed in demanding 60b of pork laden relief funds ??

Cigar
01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Too little ... not enough.

hanger4
01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Too little ... not enough.

24B right now and the other 30B more or less in a few more weeks ??

If you're not being sarcastic, then you're being incredibility stupid.

Now show me where FEMA and the Army Corp of Engineers are demanding 60B ??

Cigar
01-03-2013, 01:33 PM
24B right now and the other 30B more or less in a few more weeks ??

If you're not being sarcastic, then you're being incredibility stupid.

Now show me where FEMA and the Army Corp of Engineers are demanding 60B ??

Show me where they're getting 24B NOW!

hanger4
01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Show me where they're getting 24B NOW!

I'm sorry I forgot, the Senate Dems blocked that bill.

So you're right, it ain't happenin'.

Cigar
01-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm sorry I forgot, the Senate Dems blocked that bill.

So you're right, it ain't happenin'.

I tell you what ... why don't you go to New York and try to sell Republicans are the Good Guys scrap. :)

hanger4
01-03-2013, 01:44 PM
I tell you what ... why don't you go to New York and try to sell Republicans are the Good Guys scrap. :)

Have never said anything about good guys or bad guys,

have just told you to share the blame and stop looking like a fool

with your incessant partisan snipping.

Cigar
01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Have never said anything about good guys or bad guys,

have just told you to share the blame and stop looking like a fool

with your incessant partisan snipping.

Oh ... it's partisan snipping when it's against Republicans

Bigred1cav
01-03-2013, 01:58 PM
If you know of fraud hurry get that information to prosecutors. Fraud is a felony and those criminals perpetrating those crimes need tried.

hanger4
01-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Oh ... it's partisan snipping when it's against Republicans

Why do you continuously ignore the Dems blocking the 24B of relief aid that could have been in the tube and on the way ??

That IS your partisan snipping.

nic34
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Both chambers have to agreed on a package by January 2, when the current term of Congress is expected to end, or restart the process of crafting legislation in 2013.

The Senate approved the bill 62-32, with most Republicans (http://www.reuters.com/video/reuters-tv?videoId=239001547&videoChannel=118066&lc=int_mb_1001) voting no.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/29/us-congress-sandy-amendment-idUSBRE8BR0N120121229