PDA

View Full Version : Mod Squad

Admiral Ackbar
07-15-2018, 04:12 PM
I have been trying to reply to my Mods Asleep at the Wheel thread. I cant get it to go through so I am starting a new one!

Dr. Who
07-15-2018, 04:24 PM
I have been trying to reply to my Mods Asleep at the Wheel thread. I cant get it to go through so I am starting a new one!

If you can't post on it, it's probably because the thread is closed. I wouldn't start another one on the same topic if I were you.

Admiral Ackbar
07-15-2018, 04:28 PM
If you can't post on it, it's probably because the thread is closed. I wouldn't start another one on the same topic if I were you.

Thank you Doctor, but why would they close it no one said anything to me. Why cant I just start another one? There was nothing wrong with the first one.

Dr. Who
07-15-2018, 04:42 PM
Thank you Doctor, but why would they close it no one said anything to me. Why cant I just start another one? There was nothing wrong with the first one.
I checked - your thread is now in Purgatory and closed for Review: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/99156-Mods-Asleep-At-The-Wheel!?p=2379249&viewfull=1#post2379249

There is a limit to mod criticism that will be tolerated on the forum, particularly where it concerns mod actions. See rule number 9.

Admiral Ackbar
07-15-2018, 04:45 PM
The Mods are running wild! I sense they lean hard left.

DLLS
07-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Confucius say (well some one did): "He who bite hand that feed him soon go hungry"

Common
07-15-2018, 04:59 PM

We were going to let him figure that out on his own

Common
07-15-2018, 05:00 PM
I checked - your thread is now in Purgatory and closed for Review: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/99156-Mods-Asleep-At-The-Wheel!?p=2379249&viewfull=1#post2379249

There is a limit to mod criticism that will be tolerated on the forum, particularly where it concerns mod actions. See rule number 9.

Theres also a limit to starting mod threads that become disruptive

ODB
07-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Theres also a limit to starting mod threads that become disruptive

Keeping us in suspense?

Dr. Who
07-15-2018, 05:03 PM
We were going to let him figure that out on his own

I didn't get the memo. :grin:

DLLS
07-15-2018, 05:10 PM
I didn't get the memo. :grin:

They issued a memo? Mine must have been diverted by some Chinese hacker. I am not important enough to rate Russian hackers.

Admiral Ackbar
07-15-2018, 05:18 PM
I feel chastised.

ODB
07-15-2018, 05:23 PM
I feel chastised.
Wait 2 decades, then start a movement about it.

Captdon
07-15-2018, 05:25 PM

You don't publicly talk about moderators. I know of no group that allows that. Fair warning.

Admiral Ackbar
07-15-2018, 05:47 PM
And after I advocated for a raise for the Mods!

Orion Rules
07-15-2018, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar:

You don't publicly talk about moderators. I know of no group that allows that. Fair warning.

But you just did, by giving a "fair warning", as if they could not. And then why did someone else in the thread "Newsflash" (initiated by donttread to discuss something of importance to him)...to where the insults rendered against him in that same thread seem to have proved his point, to where one replies to Common with such patent disrespect! Common had stated that he had shown kindness, but the answer was akin to that being useless. It was said to represent "...nothing of value", what Common had done. Showing patience and being kind by Common is 'a waste of time', the poster stated, it seems.

Is there ever a sure definition that disrespect means disrespect? It is rather like this, that is it just possible that some seem to have nothing better to do with all the time in the world than to organize insults? They never seem to feel bad about any of it. It is expected to be the next event. Is it some type of need to get in a ring and *star* in a fight? Is it about who would pay to go see it? As otherwise, the need, it seems, to be for some type of wasteful, miserable spit(e) it out. No question about it. It is nothing less than the expressions, when having everything already, of spending time in attempts to shift the tents.

Time is what life is made of, so let's not keep shifting the b.s. Everyone must say their Kol Nidre prayers.

Tahuyaman
07-16-2018, 12:03 AM
I don't see any major issue with the tpoic. Just respond honestly.

What is it about moderators that they think they are above being challenged or questioned? If I was a moderator I could deal with it. I'd have no problem explaining my actions or inactions.

Dr. Who
07-16-2018, 12:32 AM

What is it about moderators that they think they are above being challenged or questioned? If I was a moderator I could deal with it. I'd have no problem explaining my actions or inactions.
The rules of the forum are stated. You agreed to abide by them when you joined, not question them. A forum is private property and as such it can make rules that members must heed. It's not a town square. There is a difference. Questioning moderation leads to disregarding moderation and arguing with moderation publicly. That is a distraction to the purpose of the forum. If you have issues with moderation direct them privately to the parties concerned or to Admin.

Tahuyaman
07-16-2018, 12:45 AM
I'm really not much of a rules guy any more. I'm not sure why mods think they are above being questioned. They can occasionally troll threads, so why can't they be challenged?

Orion Rules
07-16-2018, 12:50 AM

Honestly? Really? Then talent, explain those vague explanations of exactly how and why you start most of the troubles. You're all the authorities. You see nothing wrong with claiming that most of the reasons this board is in confusion and constant turmoil is because it lives in your rooftops. A person who states he could deal with it, but that seems rather false since you don't like any type of challenges to what you perceive to be your right to render your prayers. You expect everyone else to be what you could never be in several situations. Father (Sun), Son (Earth), Holy (Air), Ghost (Water), SEAW what happens. You have never rendered any sincere apologies. You have routinely overstepped what are regarded as decent boundaries.

Chris
07-16-2018, 07:40 AM
I'm really not much of a rules guy any more. I'm not sure why mods think they are above being questioned. They can occasionally troll threads, so why can't they be challenged?

But you can challenge them, just privately. Use Report or use PMs. They are expected to respond. After that, you can take your case to Admin. Be rational. The outcome may not be what you want but if they listen they will be influenced, especially if more than one challenges them.

Admiral Ackbar
07-16-2018, 08:37 AM
Very confusing. I still don't see what harm is being caused? I will admit this is the first forum of this type I have ever joined. So maybe it is a cultural thing. I am starting to feel like some one from a "shithole" country that has moved to a civilized part of the world and doesn't see the problem with taking a big poop in the street.

I might just need to be come more civilized I guess.

ODB
07-16-2018, 08:41 AM
I am starting to feel like some one from a "shithole" country that has moved to a civilized part of the world and doesn't see the problem with taking a big poop in the street.

:grin20:

lol - thanks for that mental image.

Tahuyaman
07-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Honestly? Really? Then talent, explain those vague explanations of exactly how and why you start most of the troubles. You're all the authorities. You see nothing wrong with claiming that most of the reasons this board is in confusion and constant turmoil is because it lives in your rooftops. A person who states he could deal with it, but that seems rather false since you don't like any type of challenges to what you perceive to be your right to render your prayers. You expect everyone else to be what you could never be in several situations. Father (Sun), Son (Earth), Holy (Air), Ghost (Water), SEAW what happens. You have never rendered any sincere apologies. You have routinely overstepped what are regarded as decent boundaries.
Holy moly.....

DLLS
07-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Very confusing. I still don't see what harm is being caused? I will admit this is the first forum of this type I have ever joined. So maybe it is a cultural thing. I am starting to feel like some one from a "$#@!hole" country that has moved to a civilized part of the world and doesn't see the problem with taking a big poop in the street.

:grin20:

lol - thanks for that mental image.

I thought of someone moving from San Francisco to...well just about anywhere else.

DLLS
07-16-2018, 03:23 PM
Very confusing. I still don't see what harm is being caused? I will admit this is the first forum of this type I have ever joined. So maybe it is a cultural thing. I am starting to feel like some one from a "$#@!hole" country that has moved to a civilized part of the world and doesn't see the problem with taking a big poop in the street.

In my humble opinion it seems that any forum might be more inclined to "ding" new arrivals for slight infractions to help them eliminate any bad habits they may have developed on other forums. Kind of like Barney Fife always wanting to nip things in the bud.

Abby08
07-16-2018, 03:35 PM
In my humble opinion it seems that any forum might be more inclined to "ding" new arrivals for slight infractions to help them eliminate any bad habits they may have developed on other forums. Kind of like Barney Fife always wanting to nip things in the bud.

Nip it! Nip it in the bud! Gotta love bumbling Barney.

Edit... I found your post particularly funny, because, I'm watching Andy Griffith right now.

DGUtley
07-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Bumbling? What are you talking about bumbling...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mj6B4DtNyM

Admiral Ackbar
07-16-2018, 03:50 PM
I never thought of the Barney Fife/Mod comparison. Outstanding.

BTW I hope this post is not considered pooping in the forum street.

DLLS
07-16-2018, 03:58 PM

Actually it was not my intent to compare the mods to Barney Fife. I just wanted to use the phrase "nip it in the bud"

Orion Rules
07-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Tahuyaman: I don't see any major issue with the tpoic. Just respond honestly.

Holy moly.....

You mean Holy Monday. The fall of money. Yen Om fo llaf eht. Yadnom Yloh naem uoy.

Chris
07-16-2018, 04:12 PM

I don't think DLLS was comparing Barney to mods. :shocked:

Captdon
07-16-2018, 07:31 PM
A forum is not open to free speech. To allow the admins or mods or whatever title is used to be publicly discussed always leads to disrespect. Doing that job, for free mind you, is hard enough. Allowing the membership to discuss their actions is not workable. Who wants that?

Complaints should be private and answered.

Admiral Ackbar
07-16-2018, 08:19 PM
A forum is not open to free speech. To allow the admins or mods or whatever title is used to be publicly discussed always leads to disrespect. Doing that job, for free mind you, is hard enough. Allowing the membership to discuss their actions is not workable. Who wants that?

Complaints should be private and answered.

Wait... The Mods work for free? I was under the impression that they were handsomely compensated....