PDA

View Full Version : Stop Bashing the Republicans.

GrumpyDog
01-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Time for Democrats to stop bashing the Republicans. The Reps lost the election. No need to kick the man while he is down. They are our fellow Americans, even if some of them are living in a different world, devoid of the problems faced by the other 47% of US population.

The Republican party, despite its more extremist wing, and despite Boehner being in a difficult position, has managed to compromise at last. It was a difficult process for them, and IMO, they deserve some credit for finally agreeing to raise taxe rate on the high income bracket.

So now, it is up to the Democrat party, and the President, to show some good will, and ernestly engage in meaningful discussions, and ulimately, reduce what spending the country can sustain, to not only balance the Federal Budget, but to generate a yearly surplus, to start paying down that 16.3 Trillion dollar debt.

Certainly this is possible?

Cigar
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
The Republicans put themselves in the news ... I just supply the laughs.

Carygrant
01-03-2013, 01:16 PM
If you are fool enough to admit to being a tired , old , bad tempered white man and prejudiced right winger, you must get used to being kicked in the head .

GrumpyDog
01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
If you are fool enough to admit to being a tired , old , bad tempered white man and prejudiced right winger, you must get used to being kicked in the head .

You are not typing in front of the mirror again, are you?

GrumpyDog
01-03-2013, 02:30 PM
The Republicans put themselves in the news ... I just supply the laughs.

Not sure what you are supplying, but sure glad it costs me nothing except a few moments of wasting time to read a few lines, before realizing that the wasted time, was wasted even worse than I expected.

Cigar
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Not sure what you are supplying, but sure glad it costs me nothing except a few moments of wasting time to read a few lines, before realizing that the wasted time, was wasted even worse than I expected.

Welcome to Internet Forums .... we're you're not the Boss.

Chris
01-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Reps/Dems/etc deserve criticism, and that can lead to good discussion of opinions and ideas, but simply bashing strawmen or or laughing at your own jokes is pointless.

Cigar
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Reps/Dems/etc deserve criticism, and that can lead to good discussion of opinions and ideas, but simply bashing strawmen or or laughing at your own jokes is pointless.

I would not expect Conservatives to have a sense of humor

GrumpyDog
01-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Apparently, I have made the mistake that there are actually real Democrats on this forum.

My mistake.

Cigar and Cary are obviously fictious depictions of Democrats/Left wing Progressives, to further the rediculous stereotypes that play into the far rightwing extremist narrative.

One cannot spell, and the other, has such incoherent posts, that no wonder, no other Democrat/Progressives bother posting on this forum.

The only reasons Awryly is here, is:

1. The dimwits are plenty, and the bell ringing is easy.

2. The ban on the other forum has not been lifted yet.

3. GrumpyDog requires further training before becoming full Jedi Knight.

nic34
01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
rediculous

ridiculous

nic34
01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
So now, it is up to the Democrat party, and the President, to show some good will,

The Democratic party is waiting for the Republkkkans to show the same...

GrassrootsConservative
01-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Well you spelled "ridiculous" correctly, now you just have to work on "Republicans," nic34.

nic34
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
It's all about intent, GRC.

Chris
I would not expect Conservatives to have a sense of humor

We laught at your antics all the time.

Oops, did I spill the beans?

GrassrootsConservative
It's all about intent, GRC.

Intent to show that you are incapable of spelling correctly?

Cigar
01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Well you spelled "ridiculous" correct, now you just have to work on "Republicans," nic34.

Why ... is it important to you how Stupid is spelled?

nic34
you know what i mean

Chris

Christmas is over, they should be fighting tooth and claw. No prisoners!

hanger4
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM

41 dollars of tax increases to 1 dollar spending cuts.

Nope, it's the Dems turn to put up or shut up.

GrumpyDog
01-03-2013, 05:47 PM
The Pigs must be fed.

The Military Pig. The Welfare Pig. The Congressional Salary Pig.

16 Trillion in debt, over the last 40 years, and the clowns cannot solve homelessness, deprivation.

40 plus million people destitute, and still high unemployment, and low wage, bare survival employment.

Now, finally, some kind of compromise, from Republicans, and all I hear now from Democrats is:

NOT ENOUGH! WE WANT MORE! MORE MORE MORE!

Meanwhile, the President flys back and forth from Hawaii, running up the tab , and raises salaries for Congressmen. And makes statement to the effect that Democrats will not even consider any spending cuts.

What a (I cant say it just yet, but soon I might be able to).

And this is me, GrumpDog, the Progressive/Left speaking dog, who was, just a few short weeks ago, happy to see the Democrats win the election.

I'm rather disillusioned at this point in time.

It would be unwise, if for some reason, that disillusionment, were transformed by pompous Democrats, into some kind of anger.

No doubt, they probably will, since now, they falsely presume a mandate from 51% win. Same mistakes, over and over again. Both parties too. There is no 75% majority in this diverse USA. We will be lucky if anything can be over 50% approval.

So get over yourselves Democrats, cause this is really, in the words of the other mispeller.. STUPID.. to keep blaming the Republicans, since they just caved in.

Chris
01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
The Pigs must be fed.

The Military Pig. The Welfare Pig. The Congressional Salary Pig.

16 Trillion in debt, over the last 40 years, and the clowns cannot solve homelessness, deprivation.

40 plus million people destitute, and still high unemployment, and low wage, bare survival employment.

Now, finally, some kind of compromise, from Republicans, and all I hear now from Democrats is:

NOT ENOUGH! WE WANT MORE! MORE MORE MORE!

Meanwhile, the President flys back and forth from Hawaii, running up the tab , and raises salaries for Congressmen. And makes statement to the effect that Democrats will not even consider any spending cuts.

What a (I cant say it just yet, but soon I might be able to).

And this is me, GrumpDog, the Progressive/Left speaking dog, who was, just a few short weeks ago, happy to see the Democrats win the election.

I'm rather disillusioned at this point in time.

It would be unwise, if for some reason, that disillusionment, were transformed by pompous Democrats, into some kind of anger.

No doubt, they probably will, since now, they falsely presume a mandate from 51% win. Same mistakes, over and over again. Both parties too. There is no 75% majority in this diverse USA. We will be lucky if anything can be over 50% approval.

So get over yourselves Democrats, cause this is really, in the words of the other mispeller.. STUPID.. to keep blaming the Republicans, since they just caved in.

In short they're both, Reps and Dems, to blame.

And welcome to The Disillusioned.

http://i.snag.gy/CFXQj.jpg

Adelaide
01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
As someone who is neither a Democrat nor a Republican, I find the super partisan name-calling and bashing to be tiresome (from both sides - I wouldn't say one is better or worse; it really depends where you're participating online). In fact, majority of the time I entirely skip reading posts from users who have repeatedly resorted to the name-calling, such as tea baggers, DemocRats, Republicant's, and so forth. Same thing for the posts about how Democrats are going to put your children in death camps, the one party solution, and so on. It's childish, it's pointless, it's insulting to the intelligence of anyone who actually wants to debate politics with integrity and honesty.

GrumpyDog
01-03-2013, 06:08 PM
In short they're both, Reps and Dems, to blame.

And welcome to The Disillusioned.

http://i.snag.gy/CFXQj.jpg

It is the Congressional Salary increase in pay that sets GrumpDog to barking. If anything, they should get a DECREASE in salary. With dismal approval rating, and this completely unnecessary BS with the fiscal cliff, its just FNG RIDICULOUS.

There. I got him to spell it right this time: RIDICULOUS

nic34
01-04-2013, 09:06 AM
As someone who is neither a Democrat nor a Republican, I find the super partisan name-calling and bashing to be tiresome (from both sides - I wouldn't say one is better or worse; it really depends where you're participating online). In fact, majority of the time I entirely skip reading posts from users who have repeatedly resorted to the name-calling, such as tea baggers, DemocRats, Republicant's, and so forth. Same thing for the posts about how Democrats are going to put your children in death camps, the one party solution, and so on. It's childish, it's pointless, it's insulting to the intelligence of anyone who actually wants to debate politics with integrity and honesty

But it's today's reality...

hanger4
01-04-2013, 09:11 AM

It's internet reality.

Chris
01-04-2013, 09:11 AM

So to you what is ought to be?

nic34
01-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Meanwhile, the President flys back and forth from Hawaii, running up the tab , and raises salaries for Congressmen.

There, there, get it all out....

BTW the prez does not raise congress' salaries, it's the congress itself that raised all fed worker's pay.

And makes statement to the effect that Democrats will not even consider any spending cuts.

Wanna show a cite for that? Surely you heard that defense, big oil and ag subsidies are on the dems chop block?

Mainecoons
01-04-2013, 10:00 AM
BTW, you missed the prezzes latest executive order seeking to do just that--raise Congressional pay in direct conflict with the Constitution that gives this power to the House of Representatives.

It was overturned by that same House.

countryboy
01-04-2013, 10:40 AM
41 dollars of tax increases to 1 dollar spending cuts.

Nope, it's the Dems turn to put up or shut up.
Which in the real world = 40 dollars of tax increases.

Chris
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
But it's not spending cuts, it's future spending cuts, cuts in the rate of increased spending. It's like buying something on sale and claiming you've actually saved money--you still spent money, and in the case of our government, money you didn't have to begin with.

nic34
01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
BTW, you missed the prezzes latest executive order seeking to do just that--raise Congressional pay in direct conflict with the Constitution that gives this power to the House of Representatives.

You're right, mostly, tho I don't know about an this ex-order being unconstitutional.

According to factcheck.org

under current law, pay increases are determined by a cost-of-living formula, and they take effect automatically, unless Congress votes to stop them. And in fact, that’s what has happened for the past two years. Congress denied itself any pay raise in 2010 and in 2011.

I wish he could hold back the Republicans paychecks.

Mainecoons
01-04-2013, 11:57 AM
I wish we could hold back all their paychecks, let alone the $20 million the Obamanation has spent vacationing in Hawaii.

Fact remains, you were wrong, Obama tried to raise their pay without benefit of legislation by the duly constituted authority on this matter, which is Congress.

And you are a true champion of the wretched excess of D.C. Of course, that's only when your side is doing the excess, correct?

Mainecoons
01-04-2013, 12:12 PM
BTW, genius:

The Origination Clause (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_One_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Sect ion_7:_Bills) of the United States Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution) (Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_One_of_the_United_States_Constitution)) provides that the House of Representatives has exclusive authority to introduce bills raising revenue: "All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives." Under House precedent, this includes bills "raising revenue and appropriating the same" and the House considers itself to be the only proper venue to originate any bills appropriating revenue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_slip

Chris
01-04-2013, 12:16 PM
I wish we could hold back all their paychecks, let alone the $20 million the Obamanation has spent vacationing in Hawaii.

Fact remains, you were wrong, Obama tried to raise their pay without benefit of legislation by the duly constituted authority on this matter, which is Congress.

And you are a true champion of the wretched excess of D.C. Of course, that's only when your side is doing the excess, correct?

Been thinking of that too, holding back their paychecks, taking from their campaign coffers, etc.

We all know it's easy to spend other people's money but when it's your own you're more prudent.

Let politicians have a stake in what they spend.

nic34
01-04-2013, 12:18 PM
He signed a 0.5% COLA or cost of living adjustment, not a RAISE, that is figured in for government employees, which includes our military too.

BTW genius you mean Article I, Section 6, of the Constitution where Congress determines its own pay.

Chris
01-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey, nic, ever going to answer my two simple questions for you?

patrickt
01-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Time for Democrats to stop bashing the Republicans. The Reps lost the election. No need to kick the man while he is down. They are our fellow Americans, even if some of them are living in a different world, devoid of the problems faced by the other 47% of US population.

The Republican party, despite its more extremist wing, and despite Boehner being in a difficult position, has managed to compromise at last. It was a difficult process for them, and IMO, they deserve some credit for finally agreeing to raise taxe rate on the high income bracket.

So now, it is up to the Democrat party, and the President, to show some good will, and ernestly engage in meaningful discussions, and ulimately, reduce what spending the country can sustain, to not only balance the Federal Budget, but to generate a yearly surplus, to start paying down that 16.3 Trillion dollar debt.

Certainly this is possible?

Three points are impossible: For liberals to show good will, engage in earnest discussions, and reduce spending. Other than that, it's a great, thoughtful post.

zelmo1234
01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
A cost of living adjustment, so they will get more money in the checks that they receive, but to a liberal that is not a pay increase??

Houston we have a problem!

nic34
01-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey, nic, ever going to answer my two simple questions for you?

You'll have to translate first....

Chris
01-04-2013, 03:55 PM
You'll have to translate first....

Which multisyllabic word you want translated? lol

Let's see, so, on your view of things, you think or believe that what is implies what ought to be? IOW, if it is so then it ought to be so?

Remember, you'd said "But it's today's reality..." Is today's reality the way things should be? Because politics tends to be name calling and bashing, does that mean it should be so?

This is known as the is/ought problem.

Uncle Slam
01-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I'll quit bashing Republicans when they quit bashing us.

hanger4
01-05-2013, 08:44 AM
I'll quit bashing Republicans when they quit bashing us.

Who or what is us ??

Uncle Slam
01-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Who or what is us ??

You know, that little group of folks called "we the people." All these DC criminals have a sure ticket to hell.

hanger4
01-05-2013, 08:55 AM
You know, that little group of folks called "we the people." All these DC criminals have a sure ticket to hell.

I'll give ya the bold, but "we the people" includes all.

Uncle Slam
01-05-2013, 09:01 AM
I'll give ya the bold, but "we the people" includes all.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is like the difference between Coke and Pepsi - slightly different taste, but they're both still cola.

Peter1469
01-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Sad, but true.