PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the White Mountains for vacation soon

donttread
07-23-2018, 06:10 PM
I'm going to the top of Mount Washington and hike the AT. Probably about 20 feet of it. LOL. We're looking at a Moose tour. Does anyone know NH. Will they get pissed if I bring hunting gear? LOL

midcan5
07-24-2018, 06:46 AM
We've been there, you better check as I don't remember anyone having hunting gear?

https://www.visitnh.gov/information

MMC
07-24-2018, 07:23 AM
Oh going to the White Mountains, huh. The Black Hills not good enough for ya, eh. U racist. :tongue:

Have a good time DT, and watchout for the skunks. :wink:

Common
07-24-2018, 07:33 AM
Have fun Dontread

gamewell45
07-24-2018, 07:38 AM
I'm going to the top of Mount Washington and hike the AT. Probably about 20 feet of it. LOL. We're looking at a Moose tour. Does anyone know NH. Will they get pissed if I bring hunting gear? LOL

I did the AT about 30 years ago; about killed me but I managed to do it. Camped out on Mt. Garfield for a week while hiking the various trails. I live about 5 minutes from the trail in NY so I see lots of hikers locally. You'll love it if its your first time. If you bring hunting gear the rangers will probably squawk since they don't want hunting near the trail. Have fun.

Admiral Ackbar
07-24-2018, 07:44 AM
Oh going to the White Mountains, huh. The Black Hills not good enough for ya, eh. U racist. :tongue:

I knew it wouldn't take long before White Mountains vs. Black Hills was brought up. EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING is about race! LOL

donttread
07-24-2018, 09:52 PM

LOL . We almost chose the green Mountains , does that mitigate our racism?

Dr. Who
07-24-2018, 10:12 PM

Have fun and enjoy the great outdoors.

MMC
07-25-2018, 06:33 AM

Only if you don't Rushmore. :grin:

donttread
07-25-2018, 07:39 AM
Have fun and enjoy the great outdoors.

Will do , thanks.

donttread
07-25-2018, 07:41 AM
Only if you don't Rushmore. :grin:

LOL. Or should I just say... Groan

donttread
07-25-2018, 07:42 AM
I knew it wouldn't take long before White Mountains vs. Black Hills was brought up. EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING is about race! LOL

Where are the "brown hills" ?

donttread
07-25-2018, 07:45 AM
I did the AT about 30 years ago; about killed me but I managed to do it. Camped out on Mt. Garfield for a week while hiking the various trails. I live about 5 minutes from the trail in NY so I see lots of hikers locally. You'll love it if its your first time. If you bring hunting gear the rangers will probably squawk since they don't want hunting near the trail. Have fun.

Must have been a great experience. But I was joking about the hunting gear due to the moose tour. It's also not hunting season even if Moose had a hunting season.

gamewell45
07-25-2018, 08:19 AM
Must have been a great experience. But I was joking about the hunting gear due to the moose tour. It's also not hunting season even if Moose had a hunting season.

LOL. The reason I originally mentioned that is because we do have people traveling through on the trail who sometimes are armed (for personal protection), tho' everyone once in a while someone will decide to hunt which causes the rangers to flip out (at least in NY state) for obvious reasons. Either way do enjoy your trip up there, it's really pristine and all of the hikers you meet should be really cool people.

MMC
07-25-2018, 11:30 AM
Where are the "brown hills" ?

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/20090108/celebs_decoltes_10.jpg

:f_whistle:

donttread
07-25-2018, 01:50 PM
LOL. The reason I originally mentioned that is because we do have people traveling through on the trail who sometimes are armed (for personal protection), tho' everyone once in a while someone will decide to hunt which causes the rangers to flip out (at least in NY state) for obvious reasons. Either way do enjoy your trip up there, it's really pristine and all of the hikers you meet should be really cool people.

Thanks. are some of them young, hot females with no morals or standards? I mean you must have a story if you did the whole trail. Dish. LOL

gamewell45
07-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Thanks. are some of them young, hot females with no morals or standards? I mean you must have a story if you did the whole trail. Dish. LOL

Actually there was this young female ranger whose tent she shared with me the entire week I was up on Mt. Garfield...... :)

donttread
07-26-2018, 06:45 AM
http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/20090108/celebs_decoltes_10.jpg

:f_whistle:

OK, I'm changing my vaca plans . LOL

donttread
07-26-2018, 06:46 AM
Actually there was this young female ranger whose tent she shared with me the entire week I was up on Mt. Garfield...... :)

Wow. No wonder you stayed there a week!

donttread
07-31-2018, 04:36 PM
Having a great time and going on the Moose tour tonight