PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Devil's Advocate
01-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Hey there.

I don't believe in political ideologies. Most people don't seem to know what the labels they use actually stand for, and even among labels, people often vary and will say others among their own group belong to the opposition.

Instead, I believe in temperaments, and those temperaments can be manipulated into believing in any given political ideology given that you press the right buttons on someone. People have fixated beliefs, and the ideology they choose is just the best way they know how to fulfill those beliefs while assimilating into society without becoming vulnerable.

Two classic examples of this are Catholic liberals and Red Tories. Neither group really identifies with what it labels as, but rather they belong to their sides because they don't like someone on the other side who has twisted an ideology into something it's not. Catholic liberals don't like Rockefeller Republicans. Red Tories don't like welfare leeches or multicultural hippies.

In any case, I often argue sides just for the sake of it in order to test someone's temperament. I have certain beliefs, but most people don't care to think about them, so at best, I try to find out what others' beliefs are and see how I can relate with them.

Thanks for Reading,

DA

GrassrootsConservative
01-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Deadwood
01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Welcome

Have a good time and keep your jock on

Peter1469
01-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Welcome!

KC
01-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Welcome to tPF!

Captain Obvious
01-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Welcome

Carygrant
01-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Good Luck .
They spend more time here discussing labels than they do rolling joints .

Agravan
01-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Welcome!

truthmatters
01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
welcome

Chris
01-12-2013, 10:59 AM
If you believe in temperments pick up Jeffrey Rosen's The Supreme Court: The Personalities and Rivalries That Defined America. It's all about judicial temperment. Here's a taste: The Supreme Court: Judicial Temperament and the Democratic Ideal (http://washburnlaw.edu/wlj/47-1/articles/rosen-jeffrey.pdf) (.pdf)

And welcome.