PDA

View Full Version : Why the GOP is Falling Apart

Devil's Advocate
01-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Following are a list of causes that seem to be why the Republican Party is falling flat:

One, the refusal to confront feminism and multiculturalism on ideological grounds. Republicans have horrible communication skills. When confronted with historical injustice excuses, they simply "deal with it" and turn the other cheek. They don't organize or stage an opposition because they're afraid of making a scene.

Two, the loss of elders to Social Security and Medicare. Republican elders now depend on government itself to sustain them, sustenance which is afforded from their workaholism instead of spending quality time raising their kids and making sure their kids act responsibly when raising grandkids.

Three, the insistence of rugged individualism. For all that Republicans claim they're pro-life and pro-family values, they do not recognize how rugged individualism condemns children to social alienation. Instead, children are blamed as problems among dysfunctional households. Also, Republicans have become increasingly embarrassed of going to Church. In turn, children from dysfunctional households haven't been taught morals, and have had no secondary authority to confide in when parents neglect to teach them.

Rugged individualism also doubles down in terms of illegal immigrant naturalization where negligent parents don't care about their kids having to compete to fit into the workforce with others who don't belong. Parents prioritize work ethic before working to live, so they don't care if their own kids have to struggle to prove themselves useful.

Four, the split between traditional and individual conservatism. Many traditional Republicans are becoming increasingly liberal because they view big government as a force that can tax the excessively rich, educate their kids in school, and use force to dogmatically enforce order without explaining itself. You especially see this among military families who try to compromise with feminism or multiculturalism in order to appear politically correct, and it's even more so among military families with seniors who depend on Veteran Affairs as well as Social Security and Medicare.

On the other hand, there are individual Republicans who have also become liberal on the basis of social liberalism. You see this among the libertarian crowd of people who support abortion, homosexual marriage, drug legalization, and illegal immigrant naturalization.

Five, a refusal to confront the bullying epidemic. Republicans take pride in advocating the rule of law, but when children are brought up to endure duress, intimidation, harassment, and provocation, the very ideas behind the rule of law are dismissed. Instead, Republicans expect children to learn the hard way from experience rather than conserving their innocence and realizing that children are entitled to reliable enforcement of the rules.

Six, a refusal to regulate pop culture. Republicans prefer to discipline their own children against pop culture rather than recognizing that children are sensitive and they shouldn't be exposed to broadcasts of pop culture in the first place. Instead, they're afraid of being labeled as Islamists, especially since they're the ones who advocate aggressive foreign policy in the Middle East. In turn, their kids grow up while lacking values, and the rule of law is further compromised.

The bottomline is the GOP has not been exercising due diligence with the foundations of what makes it strong. Instead, it's let things slip by the wayside, and now, after generations of negligence, it's paying the price.

The problem is elders are not the ones paying, but because they're bailed out by the government, they just don't care.

If the GOP wants to recover, it needs to campaign among younger voters in convincing them to look ahead and realize how they're being ripped off. It needs a comprehensive social, cultural, philosophical, and psychological engagement to find those younger personalities who have been alienated yet still care. If the GOP gives up on the future, then the future will give up on them.

GrassrootsConservative
01-05-2013, 03:08 PM
The people they nominate are too moderate.

John McCain and then Romney.

And Bush was too damn inept.

Peter1469
01-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Most republicans are democrats. The GOP has largely abandoned the Constitution.

Devil's Advocate
01-05-2013, 07:50 PM
The people they nominate are too moderate.

John McCain and then Romney.

And Bush was too damn inept.

...but why do they nominate moderates?

Republicans today are cowards. They listen to Democrats for political advice in believing compromise is the art of politics rather than recognizing that Democrats are testing their mettle.

What Republicans need to realize is how to stand their ground by justifying their positions rather than simply giving ground away. If the GOP insists on moderating, then it's just going to come off as Democrat-lite which means there's no reason to vote for it.

Sometimes, I wonder how in the world Republicans get laid. It's like they don't understand sarcasm and what it means to play hard to get. Democrats are teasing them. Republicans need to stop submitting, develop linguistic sophistication, and get their heads in the game.

If you look at how Reagan won, it was because he both charming and intelligent. Modern Republicans are either one or the other. They're either charming to the point of stupidity, or intelligent to the point of boring.

Devil's Advocate
01-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Most republicans are democrats. The GOP has largely abandoned the Constitution.

I agree in terms of the PATRIOT Act and endorsing the NSA's breaching of rights to privacy. It's just that the GOP is obsessed with national security because it's too afraid to engage in social policy. Instead, it's obsessed with foreign and economic policy.

Deadwood
01-05-2013, 08:18 PM
That's a pretty good summation of your take on where is the Republican party. But, it is obvious the essay is from the outside looking in.

Further, no where is the claim that the party is "falling apart" substantiated.

OK, they did not win the White House by, 3 % of the vote. Hmmm. Too bad for them but that is hardly falling apart.
They did not gain in either the House or the Senate, but they did not lose.
And, they have all their bills paid and then some. The last I saw they come out of the campaign in the black.

So, where do you see "falling apart"?

What I see is a party that saw Obama as unbeatable two years before, then realized they might have a shot at it, but had no candidate. They had to go to the middle, but compared to what Obama is doing now with his corporate welfare tax breaks to Hollywood and GM, you cannot seriously suggest there is ANY difference between the two men, ideologically speaking.

One nice thing about US politics looking in; you guys are always in an election campaign. So sit back and watch and see if the Republican brain trust can deliver anything in two years.

Chris
01-05-2013, 08:48 PM
To me the OP reads like a complaint that Republicans aren't more like Democrats, statists standing for big government with the only difference being social issues that aren't political to begin with.

To me that's the problem with the GOP, it offers no alternative to Democrats.

Mainecoons
01-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Sorry, but a lot of the OP is pure baloney. For example, the elderly voted for Romney, not Obama.

A lot of it sounds like a personal complaint against one's parents.

The Republicans' problem is simple: They are too much Democrat Lite, they are simply statists and military adventurists of a different stripe, and the actual conservative/libertarian values that they espouse are history in a society that has decayed as badly as the U.S. has.

Personal responsibility and strong values are obsolete in a society where over half the marriages end in divorce, more than half of the kids aren't living with both their parents, over half the country admits to using dope, half are getting Federal checks of one sort or another, and somewhere north of 50 million have been killed by abortion, over 90 percent of which were for convenience.

The political decay of the U.S. simply reflects the moral decay. This is nothing more than history repeating itself as all declining and dying societies go through this stage on the way down.

You can't change history, you can only understand it and do the best you can to get yourself and your family out of harms way.

Peter1469
01-06-2013, 10:41 AM
True. I think the American experiment is over. We have traded liberty for the security of a State sponsored program.

Chris
01-06-2013, 10:55 AM
The political decay of the U.S. simply reflects the moral decay. This is nothing more than history repeating itself as all declining and dying societies go through this stage on the way down.

Russel's A Renegade History of the United States argues the opposite. It chronicles the moral decay of the colonists as British rule increased and independence decreased. Few went to church, most drank, the streets were cesspools of debauchery. Following the revolution, with the gaining of independence and self-rule, that trend reversed and we became a moral people.

We've discussed this before, whether only a free people can be moral or only a moral people can be free. It's probably symbiotic.

We're just at that point of high government control and low morality again.

Peter1469
01-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Russel's A Renegade History of the United States argues the opposite. It chronicles the moral decay of the colonists as British rule increased and independence decreased. Few went to church, most drank, the streets were cesspools of debauchery. Following the revolution, with the gaining of independence and self-rule, that trend reversed and we became a moral people.

We've discussed this before, whether only a free people can be moral or only a moral people can be free. It's probably symbiotic.

We're just at that point of high government control and low morality again.

That is an interesting link (too much government with immorality).

Your post makes me think of Imperial Rome and its fall. You may have hit the nail on the head.....

Mainecoons
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I'd argue that Russel is agreeing with me. The immorality and surrender to oppressive, runaway government go hand in hand. When you reach the point where an Oliver Stone calls the nation "Orwellian" you can't seriously call yourselves a free and independent people. Free people don't depend on government checks as their primary means of sustenance.

The political system in the U.S. is a sham of self government, actually bought and paid for by special interests and printing money to buy the votes of the immoral and degenerate.

If in fact, revolution precedes moral regeneration, it will definitely require the former in the U.S. if the latter is to return.

Chris
01-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes, I'd agree, you're actually both saying the same in slightly different ways that go together.

KC
01-06-2013, 04:44 PM
The GOP can be a big tent of it returns to a small view of the federal government, supporting conservative stances on social issues at the state level. Everyone wins.

GrassrootsConservative
01-06-2013, 05:42 PM
The GOP can be a big tent of it returns to a small view of the federal government, supporting conservative stances on social issues at the state level. Everyone wins.

Right. Like Ron Paul. Conservative, with a positive and traditional view of State's Rights.

Peter1469
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM

That is my view as well.

Chris
01-06-2013, 07:11 PM

That seems to be what it does each election cycle, return to a fiscally conservative small government view, then returns to big government social conservatism before each election.

Cigar
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Beck resolves to fire anyone who mentions Obama in 2013 .... except for Glenn Beck

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck returned from his 18-day holiday break on Wednesday with a New Year’s resolution to terminate any of his employees who utter President Barack Obama’s name in 2013.

“This is in effect,” Beck warned his staff. “Anyone who brings him up — unless it’s me — is fired… I can’t take the man’s voice, I don’t want to hear him, I don’t want to know about him. You want that information, go anyplace else. There’s thousands of outlets. You can have all the information you want, I’m not talking about that man.”

The radio host explained that calling the president “that man” or simply referring to him as “O” was a matter of putting “safety first.”

“Don’t speak his name!” he continued. “And I’m also going to go with what my mother used to say: if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. So, there you go. I’ve said everything I have to say about that man.”

(http://s.tt/1xT84)

You lost a Presidential Election ... that all. Every Presidential Election since the beginning of time, has had a loser. So why is this one any worse?

nic34
01-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Why is it the repubs never like their prez nominees? I mean thay had 3 years of frikkin debates and 12 across the spectrum to choose from...

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Glenn Beck is an independent, not a republican, I think.

Cigar
01-07-2013, 12:35 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/527418_583258088358410_87622941_n.jpg

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Teddy Roosevelt was a fascist.

Pete7469
01-10-2013, 09:39 PM
True. I think the American experiment is over. We have traded liberty for the security of a State sponsored program.

I'm not prepared to relinquish my birthright quite yet.

Pete7469
01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/527418_583258088358410_87622941_n.jpg
Cigar, I don't want us to be the party of Ike, Teddy or Lincoln. Ike failed to oppose communism, Tedday was a "progressive" and Lincoln destroyed half the country in order to "preserve it", in spite of the fact that slavery would have become unsustainable by itself just as it has in the rest of the world. There would be more equality among the "races" if a war wasn't fought to "free" slaves, and then enforce "equality". That enforcement led to far more resistance than a freedom based equality would have, if freed slaves had been allowed to own property and weapons. Lincoln failed in that regard because he didn't consider black people equal either. He wanted to ship them out.

Peter1469
01-10-2013, 10:16 PM

Me neither Brother. But looking around me, I think we are standing pretty much alone.

Pete7469
01-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Me neither Brother. But looking around me, I think we are standing pretty much alone.

Nah, there's lots of us out there. We just aren't consumed with politics like the bed wetters are. We have jobs, families, hobbies, and lives. They have people who are paid to post marxist dogma. That's why they just regurgitate propaganda, and have no debating or critical thinking skills. It's designed to make a marginal agenda seem like it's bigger than it really is.

Hopefully on the next go around we'll have real conservatives running again, and they'll smoke the libtards and moderates out again. The left didn't really win in a significant way, our side stepped on it's collective johnson. Next time lets not have dumbass senate candidates that are so tied up with abortion. We really need to drop the issue.

Conservate women don't get abortions, liberal women do. That can only be beneficial to the genepool.

Cigar
01-11-2013, 09:49 AM

... and neither am I

Pete7469
01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
... and neither am I

Right, that's why you promote a leftist agenda that marginalizes our morality, destroys our economy, weakens our military and would have our sovereignty handed over to the UN.

Cigar
01-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Right, that's why you promote a leftist agenda that marginalizes our morality, destroys our economy, weakens our military and would have our sovereignty handed over to the UN.

Really dude ... try decaf.

You need to try to pace yourself, you still have 4 years and 8 days.

Peter1469
01-11-2013, 10:45 AM
I really think that the majority has voted to end America through a total currency collapse. I am not longer interested in participating in federal level politics. I am going to ensure that I am set for the collapse.

Pete7469
01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I really think that the majority has voted to end America through a total currency collapse. I am not longer interested in participating in federal level politics. I am going to ensure that I am set for the collapse.

I don't think there will be a collapse, I'm preparing for the possibility mind you, but I still think there's room for optimism.

Cigar
01-11-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't think there will be a collapse, I'm preparing for the possibility mind you, but I still think there's room for optimism.

How are you preparing ?