PDA

View Full Version : Mom shoots intruder 5 times, hides children

DonGlock26
01-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Ga. mom shoots intruder 5 times, hides childrenPosted on: 12:06 am, January 6, 2013

LOGANVILLE, Ga. — A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder several times during a home invasion on Friday, according to multiple media reports.

The injured intruder stumbled out of the home and attempted to flee in his car. However, he crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a neighbor’s driveway, according to WSB-TV (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hiding-kids-shoots-intruder/nTm7s/).
The suspect was arrested at the scene. He was taken to a nearby hospital and is expected to survive.
The victim’s husband said he’s proud of his wife.

http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-shoots-intruder-5-times-saves-children/

The gun grabbers would have disarmed her, and left them to their fate. That is the Left's compassion for you.

Peter1469
01-06-2013, 11:22 AM
The gun grabbers would have disarmed her, and left them to their fate. That is the Left's compassion for you.

Fortunately gun rights are one of the only issues that some on the left are rational about- there is no chance of any more gun laws now. Any discussion of more gun laws in America is theoretical and for entertainment. Nothing will happen so long as the hard left demands total bans, or policies that will lead to a total ban.

This woman is a national hero and the MSM should highlight her actions. But will they?

GrassrootsConservative
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
But will they?

Lol no.

patrickt
01-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Good for her. I hope the lynch mob doesn't go after her. I think Paul Slater had just bought some Skittles and was on the way home when he thought he heard some calling for help in the house. That's probably what it was. And, if she hadn't had an evil gun, Paul would have found her, they would have had a good laugh at the "mistake" and all would have been well. Really, what else could have possibly happened?

Mister D
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
He got hit 5 times with a .38 at point blank range and managed to stagger somewhere? Must have been on Trayvon's football team.

GrassrootsConservative
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
He got hit 5 times with a .38 at point blank range and managed to stagger somewhere? Must have been on Trayvon's football team.

Crack is one hell of a drug.

Peter1469
01-06-2013, 03:08 PM

If your pistol can handle it I suggest the .38+P round. I had an old S&W model 64 with a 2" barrel and rated for the +P. Spurless hammer. Within 20 feet I shot just as well with it as with my Sig P220- full size combat pistol.

oceanloverOH
01-06-2013, 04:02 PM
If your pistol can handle it I suggest the .38+P round. I had an old S&W model 64 with a 2" barrel and rated for the +P. Spurless hammer. Within 20 feet I shot just as well with it as with my Sig P220- full size combat pistol.

I'm *almost* ready to buy a small personal gun. I'm certainly not afraid of guns, but I've never had one in the house....reasoning that I would probably never get my hands on the ammo, get the thing loaded and aimed when I needed to use it. What kind of light-action pistol do you recommend, Peter, for a woman with arthritis in both thumbs/wrists?

Ivan88
01-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Another view on making Americans defenseless:
the “exact” plan for... disarming of its citizens appears to have been predicted by the famous martyred (http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/cooper_update.htm) American dissident William Cooper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_William_Cooper) (1943-2001), who in his 1991 book “Behold A Pale Horse (http://www.amazon.com/Behold-Horse-Milton-William-Cooper/dp/0929385225)” wrote:

They "....encouraged the manufacture and importation of firearms for the criminals to use. This is intended to foster a feeling of insecurity, which would lead the American people to voluntarily disarm themselves by passing laws against firearms. Using drugs and hypnosis on mental patients in a process called Orion, the CIA inculcated the desire in these people to open fire on schoolyards and thus inflame the anti-gun lobby. This plan is well under way, and so far is working perfectly. The middle class is begging the government to do away with the 2nd Amendment.” (http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/12/30/1991-book-predicts-school-shootings-by-drugged-individuals-in-order-to-disarm-public/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+pakalert+(Pak+Alert+Press)&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail)

http://www.pakalertpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1991-Book-Predicts-School-Shootings-By-Drugged-Individuals-In-Order-To-Disarm-Public.jpg

Peter1469
01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm *almost* ready to buy a small personal gun. I'm certainly not afraid of guns, but I've never had one in the house....reasoning that I would probably never get my hands on the ammo, get the thing loaded and aimed when I needed to use it. What kind of light-action pistol do you recommend, Peter, for a woman with arthritis in both thumbs/wrists?

A .38 revolver. A Lady Smith. http://www.cabelas.com/revolvers-miscellaneous-smith-wesson-model-60-lady-smith-revolver.shtml

But you MUST take a class and learn to use it and be comfortable with it. I have taught classes in the army for the M9 (and lots of other weapons to include grenades- my favorite). Do not get a gun unless you plan on doing the training.

Mister D
01-06-2013, 06:26 PM

My current home defense weapon uses Rhodesian Jungle Rounds. I just picked up another tenant so I was thinking of getting that AK-47 sooner rather than later since the money is really coming in. Still not really interested in a pistol. :undecided:

zelmo1234
01-06-2013, 06:32 PM

It is really hard to say, she could have been shooting FMJ or managed reciol round, or the attacker could have been high as a kite. But the +"P" is a great idea, if the gun and the shooter can handle it.

I have onee of the Smith's as well, they are a great shooting little gun!!

Chloe
01-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Fortunately gun rights are one of the only issues that some on the left are rational about- there is no chance of any more gun laws now. Any discussion of more gun laws in America is theoretical and for entertainment. Nothing will happen so long as the hard left demands total bans, or policies that will lead to a total ban.

This woman is a national hero and the MSM should highlight her actions. But will they?

I'm happy she and her children are ok, but what makes her a national hero? A hero to her children and husband sure, but a national hero? You don't think that's overstating just a bit?

Peter1469
01-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm happy she and her children are ok, but what makes her a national hero? A hero to her children and husband sure, but a national hero? You don't think that's overstating just a bit?

No. When citizens act and take out the trash they should be lauded as a hero.

Carygrant
01-07-2013, 03:56 AM

You are right again , Chloe .
Presently we only have the printed info . But from that she comes out of it very badly . Unorganised , hysterical and repeated bad judgements She appears to represent everything that argues for gun control --- stupid in the moment of need , in terms of organisation and action proportionate to the threat .
When I hear that she got her kids safe then screamed through the door that any attempt at entry would be met with immediate gun defence , I will change my opinion .Even if she had put a warning shot through the door or window , I would applaud her .

zelmo1234
01-07-2013, 06:19 AM
You are right again , Chloe .
Presently we only have the printed info . But from that she comes out of it very badly . Unorganised , hysterical and repeated bad judgements She appears to represent everything that argues for gun control --- stupid in the moment of need , in terms of organisation and action proportionate to the threat .
When I hear that she got her kids safe then screamed through the door that any attempt at entry would be met with immediate gun defence , I will change my opinion .Even if she had put a warning shot through the door or window , I would applaud her .

You show your total lack of understanding of this event, First the police were on the way and she was in hiding. Second the intruder was in the home, not outside, firing a shot through the window for ringing the doorbell would means she would be in jail not the intruder.

Next she was in a closet, not in a protected area, so to screem through a door that you are armed, could have very well brought gun fire through the door, and the story would read, women and children shoot dead by intruder while waiting for police

The all of the liberals would have been happy because inocents we killed by a criminal, which is totally acceptable with liberals so long as an inocent never uses a gun to defend themselves.

She did almost everything perfect escept she apparently was aiming for his face, instead of his center body mass, but in the heat of the moment that can happen.

So Yes she is a hero, she did what the police would have been uncapable of doing, and that is protected her children and herself and that is a hero in my book!

I am so sorry for you liberals that she did not die or become a victom of rape or allow her children to be assulted, like a good law abiding citizen should, she did the right thing instead.

patrickt
01-07-2013, 07:15 AM

It's amazing what catches peoples attention. I've met many people who considered Sen. Ted Kennedy a hero. His biggest two moments of glory were kiliing Mary Jo Kopechne and smearing with lies Robert Borg but he was a hero. And, then there was Cindy Sheehan. She did, well, not much, but she was a hero for the left. Bradley Manning is a hero for many. I haven't figured out why but I have a guess.

This woman stood up and defended herself and her children.

roadmaster
01-07-2013, 07:20 AM

She had the guts to shoot a person wanting to harm her and her children. Do you think she wanted to kill someone? What if that happened in your house, would you do everything to protect your family besides just calling the police? By the time they arrived she and her children would have been dead.

Cigar
01-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Good for this lady ...

BTW, I've yet to see where anyone is advocating preventing law abiding citizens from legal registration and purchasing .38 Revolvers for home defense.

nic34
01-07-2013, 09:18 AM
cigar is right. the assumption that "liberals" are coming for your guns is a r/w canard.

Be careful, many of us have guns too.

Cigar
01-07-2013, 09:22 AM
cigar is right. the assumption that "liberals" are coming for your guns is a r/w canard.

Be careful, many of us have guns too.

I have plenty of Guns ... more than enough I think, and I can't find one reason why I would need a 30 round clip ... because I'm not doing to miss 29 times.

patrickt
01-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Of course, no liberal would want to take guns. How ridiculous. Now, ignore all the Democrats screaming for control. No country would seriously considering restricting people from having a pistol in their home for defense. Well, except Great Britain. I suspect there are others in the E.U. as well.

nic34
01-07-2013, 09:31 AM
gun owners support "control" too pat, not just dems.

sell your Faux propaganda elsewhere...

Cigar
01-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Why would anyone be against Gun Registration?

Why would anyone be against restricting the number of rounds to 12 in a clip?

I have Guns and I have no problem with either.

Carygrant
01-07-2013, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=zelmo1234;211374]You show your total lack of understanding of this event, First the police were on the way and she was in hiding. Second the intruder was in the home, not outside, firing a shot through the window for ringing the doorbell would means she would be in jail not the intruder.

Next she was in a closet, not in a protected area, so to screem through a door that you are armed, could have very well brought gun fire through the door, and the story would read, women and children shoot dead by intruder while waiting for police

Complete twaddle .And so representative of what we call American Kiddy Cartoon behaviour .
I have as much information as you do -- that provided by the link, and my comments were accurately based on it .
The report clearly says he rang the door bell repeatedly , after initially knocking on the door .
All of your subsequent comments are therefore irrelevant as you have failed to comprehend the very clear nature of the linked report .It is as though you have completely fabricated an entirely different incident
This woman clearly panicked , was hysterical and made poor judgements .

We are not talking about what people can and cannot do , as most people strangely assume .
We are talking about what people should do . And it is certainly not what this simple and misguided woman did .

All of my previous objections stand and have been re-inforced by your inaccurate reporting of the news story .

zelmo1234
01-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I have plenty of Guns ... more than enough I think, and I can't find one reason why I would need a 30 round clip ... because I'm not doing to miss 29 times.

I would love to put you in a defensive situation with Wax bullets that will not kill you but hurt like hell and see how accurate you really are.

But there are 200 million high capacity magazines in the USA today?

Are you going to confiscate them? There are million of AR 15's and AK47's in the hads of recreational shooters are you going to confiscate them? And if you do go to gun confiscation? what are the acceptable losses to law inforcemtn, because lets face it, not everyone is going to turn theres in, though I would be happy to sell mine back to the government for a nice tidy profit!

And how is keeping law abiding citizens from owning guns going to reduce crime.

Shouldn't we look at changing the laws on reporting mental illness, and dangerouos behavior so the FBI knows who the waco's are and they are not allowed to buy guns?

nic34
01-07-2013, 10:17 AM

Who here advocates that?

Cigar
01-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I would love to put you in a defensive situation with Wax bullets that will not kill you but hurt like hell and see how accurate you really are.

But there are 200 million high capacity magazines in the USA today?

Are you going to confiscate them? There are million of AR 15's and AK47's in the hads of recreational shooters are you going to confiscate them? And if you do go to gun confiscation? what are the acceptable losses to law inforcemtn, because lets face it, not everyone is going to turn theres in, though I would be happy to sell mine back to the government for a nice tidy profit!

Shouldn't we look at changing the laws on reporting mental illness, and dangerouos behavior so the FBI knows who the waco's are and they are not allowed to buy guns?

Who is trying to keep law abiding citizens from owning guns?

Name a home deference situation where a 30 round clip saved a Home Owner?

GrassrootsConservative
01-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Who here advocates that?

Anyone who supports a gun ban.
Criminals will always have guns. The guns of people who abide by the law are the guns being talked about.

zelmo1234
01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=zelmo1234;211374]You show your total lack of understanding of this event, First the police were on the way and she was in hiding. Second the intruder was in the home, not outside, firing a shot through the window for ringing the doorbell would means she would be in jail not the intruder.

Complete twaddle .And so representative of what we call American Kiddy Cartoon behaviour .
I have as much information as you do -- that provided by the link, and my comments were accurately based on it .
The report clearly says he rang the door bell repeatedly , after initially knocking on the door .
All of your subsequent comments are therefore irrelevant as you have failed to comprehend the very clear nature of the linked report .It is as though you have completely fabricated an entirely different incident
This woman clearly panicked , was hysterical and made poor judgements .

We are not talking about what people can and cannot do , as most people strangely assume .
We are talking about what people should do . And it is certainly not what this simple and misguided woman did .

All of my previous objections stand and have been re-inforced by your inaccurate reporting of the news story .

So it is true, you wold be much happier if she were dead, and the assailant was still on the loose!

Ringing a door bell is not illegal, nor is knocking on the door, firing a shot through the window would be a felony in this country.

Yelling at him through the closet door when he had already broken into the home and was rummaging through their belongins would have been stupid as she did not know he was armed. he would have know she was in the closet and she would not ahve know where he was.

That is an easy kill if you so desire to do so!

We know tht disarmorment did not work in your country I have already posted that you live in the second most violent country in the western world.

And of course you did not care to respond.

This woman did the right thing? And if you had an ounce of a clue you would know it. but instead you would have her be the victom, just so you do not have to admit that your opposition to guns is wrong.

the man broke into the home! he did not have good intentions, he was not there to borrow a cup of sugar! he was a criminal, and most likely knew she was in the home.

She is alive today because of here actions, and I know that you would rather have her dead to support your cause, but in this case the good guy won!

Carygrant
01-07-2013, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Carygrant;211429]

So it is true, you wold be much happier if she were dead, and the assailant was still on the loose!

Ringing a door bell is not illegal, nor is knocking on the door, firing a shot through the window would be a felony in this country.

Yelling at him through the closet door when he had already broken into the home and was rummaging through their belongins would have been stupid as she did not know he was armed. he would have know she was in the closet and she would not ahve know where he was.

We know tht disarmorment did not work in your country I have already posted that you live in the second most violent country in the western world.

This woman did the right thing? And if you had an ounce of a clue you would know it. but instead you would have her be the victom, just so you do not have to admit that your opposition to guns is wrong.

the man broke into the home! he did not have good intentions, he was not there to borrow a cup of sugar! he was a criminal, and most likely knew she was in the home.

She is alive today because of here actions, and I know that you would rather have her dead to support your cause, but in this case the good guy won!

I have to say that your post is bigoted nonsense from start to finish . You should have paused and considered before rushing out something ill considered .

1.You start off by arbitrarily drawing as a conclusion the very matter that is supposed to be under discussion . And getting worse , you then further suggest things which are senseless , groundless and extremely immature .You then move into Fairy land as you absurdly try to put words into my mouth or , less charitably , tell lies .
2.You then go totally Off Topic by speculating about the intruder's motives which everybody knows were criminal . However , his detail motives have nothing to do with the rights or wrongs of her subsequent litany of errors .
3.Your words surrounding his initial appearance are just muddled garbage .
The guy knocked on the door and rang the bell repeatedly .
This is the key point . At this stage the woman was rattled or worse , otherwise she would not have contacted her husband . She should have rung 911 and a near neighbour in a perfect world, and then her husband . But her first move was reasonable and OK and predictable .
But already she should have been screaming at the guy to get away immediately , telling him she was armed , had rung a, b, and c, and had her phone on " record" .
She should then have screamed at him a final warning and shot a warning ( don't blabber nonsense about that being itself a criminal offence in that scenario . Utter rubbish on your part . )
She should never have entered the closet herself . Quite absurd .
If he still was in the house after her acting the correct way , she should have put a bullet as close to him as possible and then informed him that she would kill him the next time she pulled the trigger .

If it had happened here with sensible people involved , the guy would have been taken by the police or the woman would have used a citizen's arrest as she forced him to the ground on threat of shooting . Then if she had class , she would have smashed him on the head with the gun , later pleading self defence if later seriously questioned about it .
But you people turn it into a Cartoon Drama and a guy gets shot in the face and neck five times by a hysterical woman for being a burglar .
Of course he deserves punishment and heavy punishment .
But punished under a system of justice not by some scared hysterical woman who had no idea what to do at any stage after her first phone call .

As for previous discussion , I thought your post was so misinformed and bigoted that it did not merit my wasting time on it . It was going nowhere . Just like your country , imho .

zelmo1234
01-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Who is trying to keep law abiding citizens from owning guns?

Name a home deference situation where a 30 round clip saved a Home Owner?

Assult weapons ban we are told has over 900 different guns on it? though we will have to wait for it to cmoe out

That sounds like preventing people from owning guns?

Now show me where a legally owned 30 round clip killed more people? These nut jobs have illegal guns in most cases, and it should like you are a shooter, if that is the case you know how lucky we are tha someone that really knows how to handle a gun hs not been one of these shooters?

The gun I carry when providing security is a 1911 that holds 8 but I can reload in less than 2 seconds in a fire fight and keeping my gun on target! 99% of the population can not pull that off. so more rounds is better.

When i carry concealed with a smaller cal. 9mm i like having the additional shots without reloading, but in hot weather shorts and a tee, it is back to a slim line 40 that holds 7.

To answer your question on the 30 round mag find every person that was killed by an intruder becasue they ran out of bullets, that may have saved there life.

Though my personal preference for home protection is still the pump 12 ga with an extended tube to hold 8 rounds.

patrickt
01-07-2013, 10:44 AM
When I was working one night I was called into the police station to talk to a psychiatrist who was in a panic. It seems he had a patient who had been arrested for assault 18 times and the psychiatrist told me the young man never went to court because he frightened his victims into withdrawing their complaints. The patient had frequently said he was climbing to the top of the steeple in a downtown church and shoot people with his rifles. He seemed especially eager to shoot the police, like me.

But, so far so good. He was just sick and the good doctor was treating him. So why do you think he was in a panic? Right. That evening when he had is 50-minute session with the patient, the patient told the doctor he was going to kill him, too. Suddenly, he went from a patient to a dangerous lunatic and the doctor demanded I go arrest the patient immediately. I said I thought we should get a second opinion.

Amazing, isn't it?

Liberals are not only generous with other people's money but they are so very, very brave with other people's lives.

nic34
01-07-2013, 10:44 AM
The gun I carry when providing security is a 1911 that holds 8 but I can reload in less than 2 seconds in a fire fight and keeping my gun on target! 99% of the population can not pull that off. so more rounds is better.

When i carry concealed with a smaller cal. 9mm i like having the additional shots without reloading, but in hot weather shorts and a tee, it is back to a slim line 40 that holds 7.

To answer your question on the 30 round mag find every person that was killed by an intruder becasue they ran out of bullets, that may have saved there life.

Though my personal preference for home protection is still the pump 12 ga with an extended tube to hold 8 rounds.

You're frikin crazy...

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Good for this lady ...

BTW, I've yet to see where anyone is advocating preventing law abiding citizens from legal registration and purchasing .38 Revolvers for home defense.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/01/06/senator-feinsteins-all-out-assault-on-gun-rights/

Senator Feinstein is for a total gun ban.

Cigar
01-07-2013, 10:54 AM
You're frikin crazy...

Amazing ... and for 30 years all I used was a Auto Lighting, locked doors and windows, Alarm System and a Dog. :laugh:

Mister D
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
According to the report, the intruder then forced his way into the home and started “rummaging” through the family’s belongings.
When the suspect went into the closet where the family was hiding ,the woman fired six bullets at the suspect, five of which hit alleged suspect Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.

Can Carygrant not but make a fool of himself?

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 10:57 AM

She is more of a national hero than a rock star or a sports figure, or actor. She took out the trash.

Mister D
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I still don't understand how that could have happened. He must have staggered back after the first shot and fled. She must have shot wildly afterward.

Cigar
01-07-2013, 10:59 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/01/06/senator-feinsteins-all-out-assault-on-gun-rights/

Senator Feinstein is for a total gun ban.

I tried reading it ... but I didn't see anything the said everyone guns should banned ... and anyway, it's ain't going to happen.

patrickt
01-07-2013, 11:01 AM
I tried reading it ... but I didn't see anything the said everyone guns should banned ... and anyway, it's ain't going to happen.

...right now. But, to say there aren't liberals that want all firearms out of the hands of private citizens is silly.

nic34
01-07-2013, 11:10 AM
But, to say there aren't liberals that want all firearms out of the hands of private citizens is silly.

You're right, there's probably 7 or 8 of them.... :laugh:

Cigar
01-07-2013, 11:23 AM
...right now. But, to say there aren't liberals that want all firearms out of the hands of private citizens is silly.

Well ... there's Conservatives that want total and complete verified identification, before casting a Vote. ... is that asking too much?

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM

I agree it is not going to happen, but that is her position. I posted a video of her from 1998 stating as much. That is why reasonable gun laws cannot be passed. Because of the hard left wanted a total ban. Like the Nazis.

Carygrant
01-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Can Carygrant not but make a fool of himself?

Typically you make a fool's comment , not realising how absurd it is .
To , rummage , you first have to get into the house . It is what went before that is critical and most pertinent .
And even he was in your house and Rummaging , that is no reason to shoot him immediately .
Only mad people behave in such inappropriate ways .
You simply pay no attention to detail or have any full comprehension of the sequence of events . Otherwise you would not waste your time composing nonsense and raising something that is actually totally unrelated to anything that is relevant to the discussion .

Carygrant
01-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I still don't understand how that could have happened. He must have staggered back after the first shot and fled. She must have shot wildly afterward.

Well done for making a reasonable guess . A first .
She was in cloud cuckoo land , scared rigid , peeing herself .
Bet you she blasted all her shots through the door , not having the foggiest notion about anything .
What sort of lunatic traps them self in a closet when armed ?
Only someone hysterical and petrified person .
Nothing in her behaviour suggests she could deliberately shoot anybody five times in the face and neck .It was random .
Not even an american should be trying to take a life on a random basis for something that did and does not deserve that sort of punishment . The american heart is dying and the psyche dissolving .

Chloe
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
She had the guts to shoot a person wanting to harm her and her children. Do you think she wanted to kill someone? What if that happened in your house, would you do everything to protect your family besides just calling the police? By the time they arrived she and her children would have been dead.

I'm not disagreeing. All I said was that she is a hero to her husband and children, but I don't consider her to be a "national" hero like Peter said.

Chloe
01-07-2013, 12:59 PM
She is more of a national hero than a rock star or a sports figure, or actor. She took out the trash.

I really don't consider them national heroes either. People have their individual heroes though

Jenda
01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
My 2 ¢....

There are a lot of "dangerous" things out there that can kill us....cars, machinery, prescription drugs, OTC drugs, illegal drugs, tobacco, animals, weather/natural disasters, etc. Our government seems to want to control everything in our lives because somehow we can't be expected to control or protect ourselves. They want to "ban" everything that might be "bad".

While I don't own a gun, I'm not a pro-gun person and I am not anti-gun either. I like freedoms for all citizens...and IMHO the second amendment gives my fellow citizens the absolute right to own guns. Just because I don't want a gun (and apparently the Left doesn't want to own them either) doesn't give me (or the Left) the right to impose a unconstitutional gun ban on other people. Reasonable guns laws are fine, gun bans are not fine. Give it up Leftys....this is a fight you will not win.

Speaking of dangerous animals...how many people are mauled or killed every year by dogs? I'm not a fan of Pit Bulls, but the last time I checked, that breed was not banned nor deemed illegal. In 2011 there were 31 people in the USA killed by dogs....22 of the 31 attacks were committed by Pit Bulls. Over 44,000 people are injured or disfigured each year from dog bites of all breeds. People have the right to own Pit Bulls or other so-called dangerous breeds....but I don't see Diane Feinstein introducing legislation to ban dog breeds that are perceived to be dangerous.

http://www.dog-bite-law-center.com/pgs/stats.html

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2011.php

Mister D
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Bet you she blasted all her shots through the door , not having the foggiest notion about anything .
Nothing in her behaviour suggests she could deliberately shoot anybody five times in the face and neck .It was random .
Not even an american should be trying to take a life on a random basis for something that did and does not deserve that sort of punishment . The american heart is dying and the psyche dissolving .

Cary, you've lost your mind. Anyone invading your home (especially with children in the house!) deserves whatever he gets. We're sad to see you are not on the side of right but I suppose it was expected. Your frivolous anti-Americanism compels you to wallow in the gutter.

Mister D
01-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Typically you make a fool's comment , not realising how absurd it is .
To , rummage , you first have to get into the house . It is what went before that is critical and most pertinent .
And even he was in your house and Rummaging , that is no reason to shoot him immediately .
Only mad people behave in such inappropriate ways .
You simply pay no attention to detail or have any full comprehension of the sequence of events . Otherwise you would not waste your time composing nonsense and raising something that is actually totally unrelated to anything that is relevant to the discussion .

Cary, the article states quite clearly that the man forced his way into the home. Have you no decency?

According to the report, the intruder then forced his way into the home and started “rummaging” through the family’s belongings.
When the suspect went into the closet where the family was hiding ,the woman fired six bullets at the suspect, five of which hit alleged suspect Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
I say light him up.

Take out the trash.

roadmaster
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
My 2 ¢....

There are a lot of "dangerous" things out there that can kill us....cars, machinery, prescription drugs, OTC drugs, illegal drugs, tobacco, animals, weather/natural disasters, etc. Our government seems to want to control everything in our lives because somehow we can't be expected to control or protect ourselves. They want to "ban" everything that might be "bad".

While I don't own a gun, I'm not a pro-gun person and I am not anti-gun either. I like freedoms for all citizens...and IMHO the second amendment gives my fellow citizens the absolute right to own guns. Just because I don't want a gun (and apparently the Left doesn't want to own them either) doesn't give me (or the Left) the right to impose a unconstitutional gun ban on other people. Reasonable guns laws are fine, gun bans are not fine. Give it up Leftys....this is a fight you will not win.

Speaking of dangerous animals...how many people are mauled or killed every year by dogs? I'm not a fan of Pit Bulls, but the last time I checked, that breed was not banned nor deemed illegal. In 2011 there were 31 people in the USA killed by dogs....22 of the 31 attacks were committed by Pit Bulls. Over 44,000 people are injured or disfigured each year from dog bites of all breeds. People have the right to own Pit Bulls or other so-called dangerous breeds....but I don't see Diane Feinstein introducing legislation to ban dog breeds that are perceived to be dangerous.

http://www.dog-bite-law-center.com/pgs/stats.html

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2011.php

I am with you on this one about the pit bulls. Had a young 20 something year old about to have a baby, she had a half pit bull and it use to snap and bite. Her and her boyfriend split up so he got rid of the dog to a friend. Now her child is 5 years old and I find out she bought a full-blooded pit around her daughter. I am sure not all bite but whey take a chance? I don't understand mom or dads that put dogs before children. My first didn't get a dog until 10 years old and he was a gentle dog.

Mister D
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
I say light him up.

Take out the trash.

I'm sure he'd feel differently if an intruder was "rummaging" around while female loved ones were home.

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm sure he'd feel differently if an intruder was "rummaging" around while female loved ones were home.

Maybe not. He may be a very tolerant lib.

Mister D
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Maybe not. He may be a very tolerant lib.

Perhaps I give him too much credit. When you tolerate such threats to your family it's time to reconsider your ideals.

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Perhaps I give him too much credit. When you tolerate such threats to your family it's time to reconsider your ideals.

I think that is the natural result of our post-Christian society. Expect worse. Much worse.

patrickt
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I really don't consider them national heroes either. People have their individual heroes though

Who do you consider a hero?

zelmo1234
01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Amazing ... and for 30 years all I used was a Auto Lighting, locked doors and windows, Alarm System and a Dog. :laugh:

Did you provide security for people traveling to Iraq and Afganistan during a war???

Or provide security to keep rioting Union members from trying to kill elected officials that they beleive are threating there power?

Are you willing to take your skills into the most dangerous places in the world???

Thought not!

And I might be Crazy but I would never think of letting anyone harm another person besides myself, not real concerned on what they do to me, it is not in my nature to let bad things happen to good or for that matter even bad people.

So crazy YEP! if that is what you want to refer to me as!

To the first poster, Security was my job for a lot of years, I am getting to old for the tough jobs now, so I consult, and take a few cake walks now and then. But for the average person I would agree with your statement.

zelmo1234
01-07-2013, 04:33 PM

In this country unlike your own filled with violent crime http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25671/Violent-crime-worse-Britain-US.html

Thought I would remind you in case you had forgotten.

someone that is in your house rummaging through stuff and has broken in to do so is a threat to your life?

NOW FOR THE TOTAL LIES, IN NO PLACE CAN WE FIND WHERE SHE SHOT THROUGH THE DOOR, IN FACT THE REPORT SAYS HE OPENEDN THE DOOR,

AND WHILE I MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT I CAN FIND NO PLACE WHERE THE PRESS REPORTED HER PEEING ON HERSELF!

As far as hiding in the closet, that is exactly what the police would have told her to do> this way they can tell the officers exactly where you are, when they arrive. IF you are wandering around your house with a gun, you are the one they are going to shoot!

So why don't you admit that you really do not have a clue, and the real reason you are upset is this prevents the left in this country from passing laws to disarm law abiding citizens.

And Compassion, You could give a rats behind about this lady's life and that of her children, just as long as she was not able to use a gun to protect herself.

So the on,y thing that you really got correct is that she shot him in the neck and face because she was scared! which also means she was looking him in the eye!

zelmo1234
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM

The Police, Firefighters, and EMT's Doctors and Nurses that work long hours in trama situations to save lives. The bravest people in the world, the men and women of our military. And people like this lady that are willing to confront danger to keep there family safe!

Chloe
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM

Good question. My list is pretty short though. I honestly don't really believe in heroes like a national or world hero. I just believe more in personal heroes that make a real difference for someone personally. For example people consider Neil Armstrong to be a national hero for being the first person on the moon. I think it's amazing and I think he risked a lot to do that but he chose to do that and it was his job and so I don't consider him to be a "hero."

For me I consider my brother to be a personal hero to me because he literally saved my life from beginning to end during a whitewater rafting accident.

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Good question. My list is pretty short though. I honestly don't really believe in heroes like a national or world hero. I just believe more in personal heroes that make a real difference for someone personally. For example people consider Neil Armstrong to be a national hero for being the first person on the moon. I think it's amazing and I think he risked a lot to do that but he chose to do that and it was his job and so I don't consider him to be a "hero."

For me I consider my brother to be a personal hero to me because he literally saved my life from beginning to end during a whitewater rafting accident.

I almost drowned in a white water accident. Some fat ass sitting next to me fell over board and grabbed me. Then the fat ass was on top of me and our raft was on top of him. And I got drug under the boat and the fat ass and now have scars on my hands because of it.

Chloe
01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I almost drowned in a white water accident. Some fat ass sitting next to me fell over board and grabbed me. Then the fat ass was on top of me and our raft was on top of him. And I got drug under the boat and the fat ass and now have scars on my hands because of it.

lol well i'm glad you were ok. Hopefully the fat guy got heart burn or something after dinner as a form of karma :smiley:

Mine was pretty serious and scary actually. We were rafting and right before we were going to go down a swell the boat turned sideways and before we could turn it back it went down and crashed sideways. That is pretty much about all I remember up until I was waking up on the ground with people all around me. Apparently when it hit I fell forward and hit my face on the rock that the raft hit which knocked me right out and was washing me down the river with everybody else. My brother said he saw me floating in front of him and said it took him like a quarter mile to catch up to me and when he did I was face down and blue. He was once a lifeguard and so he started trying to breath for me in the water until we got to shore and then ended up having to do compressions on me when we got to shore until the water was out since he couldn't get the breaths to go in. The good thing was that the area we were in had some houses near along the shore and so a person in the group went and called 911. I remember seeing people around me and then being in the ambulance but that's about it, which sucks because it was a fun trip up until then. The funny part of it is that my brother doesn't like to talk about it since he gets emotional, which I get, but I typically make fun of him for kissing his sister anyway. I'm not a very good sister.

Peter1469
01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
lol well i'm glad you were ok. Hopefully the fat guy got heart burn or something after dinner as a form of karma :smiley:

Mine was pretty serious and scary actually. We were rafting and right before we were going to go down a swell the boat turned sideways and before we could turn it back it went down and crashed sideways. That is pretty much about all I remember up until I was waking up on the ground with people all around me. Apparently when it hit I fell forward and hit my face on the rock that the raft hit which knocked me right out and was washing me down the river with everybody else. My brother said he saw me floating in front of him and said it took him like a quarter mile to catch up to me and when he did I was face down and blue. He was once a lifeguard and so he started trying to breath for me in the water until we got to shore and then ended up having to do compressions on me when we got to shore until the water was out since he couldn't get the breaths to go in. The good thing was that the area we were in had some houses near along the shore and so a person in the group went and called 911. I remember seeing people around me and then being in the ambulance but that's about it, which sucks because it was a fun trip up until then. The funny part of it is that my brother doesn't like to talk about it since he gets emotional, which I get, but I typically make fun of him for kissing his sister anyway. I'm not a very good sister.

Glad you pulled through.

DonGlock26
01-08-2013, 09:18 AM

I never hear talk like that when charity people are called heroes.

patrickt
01-08-2013, 09:30 AM
For homes, I recommend shotguns. Consider, in the case we're discussing the man took five shots, drove off, and then wandered around. One advantage of a shotgun is you can load with shot that's deadly to a body at ten to fifteen feet but won't go through three or four walls and possibly hit someone else. Homes in the U.S. are not bullet resistant.

When I was working I kept my shotgun loaded with three rounds of #7 shot and then slugs.

Mister D
01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Agreed. Shotguns have great lethality at close range but will not penetrate through several walls which some pistols are easily capable of doing.

Chloe
01-08-2013, 12:54 PM
I never hear talk like that when charity people are called heroes.

ok