PDA

View Full Version : Unions Feel the Pain after SCOTUS Decision Stops the Flood of Cash

DGUtley
08-09-2018, 07:13 AM
Unions Feel the Pain after SCOTUS Decision Stops the Flood of Cash.

The greatest fears of public employee unions are beginning to be realized. In the wake of the Supreme Court's Janus v. AFSCME decision just weeks ago, the well of compulsory dues is already drying up for public employee unions.

https://ijr.com/2018/08/1114411-unions-feel-pain-scotus-decision/

Peter1469
08-09-2018, 07:24 AM
Good news.

Common
08-09-2018, 08:20 AM
I know this makes alot of conservatives happy, im not one of them.

I remember the history when not long before I got my job there was no Union and Police and Fire were grossly underpaid and had very little in benefits.

When I started the city had mounted loudspeakers on patrol cars which road through neighborhoods hawking Recruits. Yelling out anyone with no criminal record that would like to be Police Officer call this number.

Yep they needed officers badly and the reason was a factory worker made alot more than a cop or fireman. When I first got my job I was making 7400.00 a year, I had a friend who delivered bryers ice cream that made 11,000

There was a time if a Sgt didnt like you he told his buddy Lt who did the scheduling to stick it to you and at that same time the precinct commander a capt could just make your life miserable until you quit.

Public Unions changed all that got us decent pay, benefits and working conditions and set up a disciplinary system that took favoritism and disdain out of it.

What the Unions stated about non paying employees reaping the benefits of the unions work is ABSOLUTELY true. If they union negotiates a raise they get it, better working conditions they benefit, better benefits and pension they get it. They get it all for free they dont have support anything. The only thing they lose is Union liability insurance and Legal representation at hearings

Over the years it was the public Union that assured fair pay and benefits and working conditions

Peter1469
08-09-2018, 09:13 AM
I don't have a problem with private sector unions- so long as they are purely voluntary. I like FDR have a problem with public sector unions- vote for the dems and then negotiate more benefits. Dems give them more benefits to keep the votes. It is corruption.

barb012
08-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Unions have drastically changed over the years to be corrupt.

MisterVeritis
08-09-2018, 10:11 AM

I remember the history when not long before I got my job there was no Union and Police and Fire were grossly underpaid and had very little in benefits.

When I started the city had mounted loudspeakers on patrol cars which road through neighborhoods hawking Recruits. Yelling out anyone with no criminal record that would like to be Police Officer call this number.

Yep they needed officers badly and the reason was a factory worker made alot more than a cop or fireman. When I first got my job I was making 7400.00 a year, I had a friend who delivered bryers ice cream that made 11,000

There was a time if a Sgt didnt like you he told his buddy Lt who did the scheduling to stick it to you and at that same time the precinct commander a capt could just make your life miserable until you quit.

Public Unions changed all that got us decent pay, benefits and working conditions and set up a disciplinary system that took favoritism and disdain out of it.

What the Unions stated about non paying employees reaping the benefits of the unions work is ABSOLUTELY true. If they union negotiates a raise they get it, better working conditions they benefit, better benefits and pension they get it. They get it all for free they dont have support anything. The only thing they lose is Union liability insurance and Legal representation at hearings

Over the years it was the public Union that assured fair pay and benefits and working conditions

Government unions rape the taxpayers.

Admiral Ackbar
08-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Public sector unions have collapsed the budgets of state and local governments. This in turn causes high taxes and loss of ability to invest in other public needs.

BTW it is now apparent that government employment in many cases is more lucrative than private sector work. That should never be the case.

Captdon
08-09-2018, 12:17 PM

I see your point. The non-Unionized workers are bloodsuckers. I think that anyone not in the union fully should have to negotiate for themselves. They'd be in for a big surprise.

gamewell45
08-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Unions have drastically changed over the years to be corrupt.

You are speaking from experience no doubt; can you share with us the horror you went through with your labor union when they went from being a clean union to a corrupt union??

gamewell45
08-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Public sector unions have collapsed the budgets of state and local governments. This in turn causes high taxes and loss of ability to invest in other public needs.

BTW it is now apparent that government employment in many cases is more lucrative than private sector work. That should never be the case.

Correct; the private sector unions need to catch up to and exceed the public sector unions in terms of money, benefits and job security.

Agent Zero
08-09-2018, 04:02 PM
I'm more excited watching the flow of cash going to the NRA wash away into nothingness.

Mr.Soxes
08-09-2018, 04:08 PM
I'm more excited watching the flow of cash going to the NRA wash away into nothingness.

The unions out spend the NRA by over 100 to 1!MAGA:flag:

MisterVeritis
08-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Fascinating.

Are you afraid of guns?

Peter1469
08-09-2018, 09:45 PM

It certainly isn't true for cyber-security IT experts. The government can't hire a decent cyber IT guy- the good ones are making a lot more than what the government can offer.

Peter1469
08-09-2018, 09:47 PM

The NRA's cash flow has little to do with its power. It does very little donating to politicians. The NRA's power is its membership- who vote.

toledomansfield
08-09-2018, 09:58 PM
i can see both sides of this argument. those of you who are anti public union--there is still much abuse of power at administration levels. the union is the only check to this. what is the remedy when your boss can "stick it to you" with impunity. unions dont protect bad employees, they protect due process. every union contract ever agrred to spells out how to fire a poor employee. is it the unions fault that management is too incompetent to follow the contract?

to the pro public union side--it is a given fact that over time unions bargain for more money for less work. the problem is magnified in public sector because you are negotiating with other peoples money.

complicated. no easy answer.

those who say just dissolve the union and bargain for yourself have trouble seeing down the rabbit hole of abusive bosses and no real need to pay people what they are worth, nepotism in all levels of employment.

pro union people have difficulty seeing how at some point the money just isn't going to be there.