User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Does It Mean to Have a 'Right' to Health Care?

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,854
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    texan's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,749x in 3,852 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Once you accept the state has an obligation to plunder others on your behalf the state will decline and fall. No one has a higher moral call to the wealth you create than you do. By making it the state's purpose to take wealth from one person to give it to another you have sown the seeds of that nation's destruction.

The purpose of a Constitution is to limit a government's authority. Sadly, we no longer have a Constitution to protect us.
    I share your concern about the constitution. But the government by the people can choose to assist others.
    I am tired of everyone fighting with each other. This is all by design.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to texan For This Useful Post:

William (03-20-2017)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,896x in 54,714 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    It seems to me that some people want a safe, peaceful and happy country but don't really want to contribute to anything or anyone that they disagree with, don't like or don't think are deserving of assistance. Unfortunately, because such decisions are entirely subjective, a society modelled on those principles will end up with a large number of citizens in name only who aren't the right ethnicity or color or are not humble enough to receive the charity of the bigots. What happens next is a country that is neither safe, peaceful or happy.

Are you talking about those who are unwilling to work? Or those unwilling to help those unwilling to work? Especially with those liberals getting so violent lately.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Are you talking about those who are unwilling to work? Or those unwilling to help those unwilling to work? Especially with those liberals getting so violent lately.
    Many people look capable of work, if you don't know them, but you will often find that their inability to work has nothing to do with their physical abilities but often psychological problems or even criminal records that make them unemployable, particularly today when there are far more applicants for jobs than jobs.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,896x in 54,714 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Many people look capable of work, if you don't know them, but you will often find that their inability to work has nothing to do with their physical abilities but often psychological problems or even criminal records that make them unemployable, particularly today when there are far more applicants for jobs than jobs.
    Hmmm, did I say people who look capable? Let me look...no, I said those unwilling to work. Many of us above agreed society should help those unable.

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    And yet the relatively homogeneous countries tend to be happier. Perhaps it's actually when a society is modeled on cosmopolitan values that you wind up with a population of citizens in name only.
    Those Nordic societies are not nearly as ethnically homogeneous as you think they are. They have also been the recipients of immigration over the decades.

For instance Norway:
    In the last decades, Norway has become home to increasing numbers of immigrants, foreign workers, and asylum-seekers from various parts of the world. Norway had a steady influx of immigrants from South Asia (mostly Pakistanis and Sri Lankans), East Asia (mainly the Chinese), and Southeast Asia (e.g. Filipinos), Eastern Europe (e.g. Russians and Poles), Southern Europe (Greeks, Albanians and people from former Yugoslavia etc.), and Middle East countries (especially Iraqis and Palestinians), as well as Somalis, Turks, Moroccans, and some Latin Americans. After ten Eastern European and Baltic countries joined the EU in 2004, there has also been a substantial influx of people from Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
    Immigrants constituted 13% of the population at the start of 2015, and an additional 2,6% were born in Norway by immigrant parents[6] (up from 8,3% and 1,5% in 2006[7]). The same year, 19% of births in Norway were to immigrant parents.[6] In 2006, non-Western immigrants constituted 75% of the total number of immigrants. They contribute much of the population growth. Among people of African descent in Oslo, almost 60% are younger than 30, compared to 20% of those of North American background.[7] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Norway
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, did I say people who look capable? Let me look...no, I said those unwilling to work. Many of us above agreed society should help those unable.
    While those unwilling to work exist, they are the incredibly smallest proportion of the unemployed. As bad as the welfare system is, it doesn't really pander to the shiftless members of society. Those people mostly find others willing to support them.

Mahatma Gandhi

Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    I share your concern about the constitution. But the government by the people can choose to assist others.
    then the Constitution means nothing.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Dangermouse's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 737x in 528 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you deny healthcare to those you deem unwilling to work?
    The UK went down that road with health assessments on the registered disabled, which criteria were toughened up to find them fit for work. Their benefits are immediately stopped. We've lost count of the number of people who died within weeks of being found fit to work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_C...ity_Assessment
    News: Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame poor people.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangermouse For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Dangermouse's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 737x in 528 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    then the Constitution means nothing.
    "General welfare" is meaningless? Why would it then be referenced in the preamble?
    News: Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame poor people.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    "General welfare" is meaningless? Why would it then be referenced in the preamble?
    The Constitution grants the Federal government limited powers. Read Article 1 section 8 for the list. The powers are divided into defense and general welfare. The general welfare phrase covers the non defense enumerated powers in article 1 section 8. The federal government has no authority to take wealth from one person to give to another.

You are in error.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Subdermal (03-21-2017)

+ Reply to Thread