Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,815x in 3,968 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Don't feel too bad; the republicans win either way since Lamb is nothing more then a DINO.
    A least you admit that....also, the district disappears in a few months, apparently...
    De Oppresso Liber

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel too bad; the republicans win either way since Lamb is nothing more then a DINO.
    Actually nobody wins.....since the seat will be phased out by the end of the year.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Don (03-14-2018),Grokmaster (03-14-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Actually nobody wins.....since the seat will be phased out by the end of the year.
    If that's the case, then why did the republicans spend so much time and money on this? They outspent democrats by 7.5 million dollars on a seat that was going away at the end of the year. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Bo-4 (03-14-2018),silvereyes (03-14-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    A least you admit that....also, the district disappears in a few months, apparently...
    There is more good news that Demos were hoping wouldn't happen. They lose 2 more seats in Illinois. Due to their own redistricting and population loss. That will make 6 seats they lose in 2 years from Illinois.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (03-14-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's the case, then why did the republicans spend so much time and money on this? They outspent democrats by 7.5 million dollars on a seat that was going away at the end of the year. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    What?

Democrat outraises Republican ahead of PA House …

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/371810-democrat-outraises-republican...

Seems it makes sense that Repubs would spend money to catch up to the Demos. Repubs outside groups spent more than Demo outside Groups. Not out spending Lamb and the Demos. I'll bet you were listening to the Lame Stream leftist pundits that were ready to roll with excuses should Lamb lose.

Oh and btw an 11th hour push pretty much put it in the perspective that it is. You must have forgot Biden campaigning in Pennsylvania and the money he raised.
    Last edited by MMC; 03-14-2018 at 07:33 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (03-14-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What?

Democrat outraises Republican ahead of PA House …

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/371810-democrat-outraises-republican...

Seems it makes sense that Repubs would spend money to catch up to the Demos. Repubs outside groups spent more than Demo outside Groups. Not out spending Lamb and the Demos. I'll bet you were listening to the Lame Stream leftist pundits that were ready to roll with excuses should Lamb lose.

Oh and btw an 11th hour push pretty much put it in the perspective that it is. You must have forgot Biden campaigning in Pennsylvania and the money he raised.
    Hey it is what it is; i've provided a few different sources on the topic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.2e44a1661635

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/polit...-18/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/updated...illion-n855256
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (03-14-2018)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,265x in 12,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    He certainly didn't hold the positions welcomed by most modern Democrats. Do you deny this?
    First of all, most of the people I know who typically vote Democratic are, like me, not registered Democrats, but Independents. And, like me, they usually end up voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils. Most of them are also, like me, gun owners who support the Second Amendment; they are also quite ready to criticize a prominent Democrat with whom they have a problem. It usually isn't those on the Left who trash and denigrate colleagues and fellow party members (or affiliates) for having views outside the mainstream; I don't believe I've ever heard anyone called a "DINO". The "lockstep" partisan Democrat, thinking and voting in unvarying unison and "waiting to get his talking points from the Daily Kos" is a conservative discussion forum creation and a silly stereotype.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (03-14-2018),silvereyes (03-14-2018)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,125
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,098x in 10,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    First of all, most of the people I know who typically vote Democratic are, like me, not registered Democrats, but Independents. And, like me, they usually end up voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils. Most of them are also, like me, gun owners who support the Second Amendment; they are also quite ready to criticize a prominent Democrat with whom they have a problem.
    Perhaps that's the Democrats you know...it certainly isn't the platform for the Party. And I honestly don't see many of you speaking out either. THis latest incident in media and our legislatures...is being blamed on guns, gun laws, and the NRA. Without a peep from you. Correct?

It usually isn't those on the Left who trash and denigrate colleagues and fellow party members (or affiliates) for having views outside the mainstream; I don't believe I've ever heard anyone called a "DINO". The "lockstep" partisan Democrat, thinking and voting in unvarying unison and "waiting to get his talking points from the Daily Kos" is a conservative discussion forum creation and a silly stereotype.
    Come on. There is a lockstep partisan thinking process to the Democrat Party, how can you deny otherwise?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-14-2018),Grokmaster (03-14-2018)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,635x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    First of all, most of the people I know who typically vote Democratic are, like me, not registered Democrats, but Independents. And, like me, they usually end up voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils. Most of them are also, like me, gun owners who support the Second Amendment; they are also quite ready to criticize a prominent Democrat with whom they have a problem. It usually isn't those on the Left who trash and denigrate colleagues and fellow party members (or affiliates) for having views outside the mainstream; I don't believe I've ever heard anyone called a "DINO". The "lockstep" partisan Democrat, thinking and voting in unvarying unison and "waiting to get his talking points from the Daily Kos" is a conservative discussion forum creation and a silly stereotype.
    You lost credibility with your first sentence where you claim most people who vote Democratic are independents. I have no idea where you got that one.

The trend nationally with the Democratic Party is a shift to the extreme left. Had there been a primary in Pennsylvania to select the Democratic candidate for this seat, it would have been a hard left winger. It certainly wouldn't be a guy who ran on mostly conservative ideas.

If Lamb's lead holds, he's in a tough spot. He ran on an anti Pelosi stance. If he votes with the party line as some suspect he will, he angers and alienates the voters. His already short term will be his first and last short term.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Grokmaster (03-14-2018)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,704
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Conor Lamb campaigned as PRO-2nd Amendment, PRO-TAX CUTS, PRO- Tarriffs, ANTI-Nancy Pelosi....IOW, he ran on REPUBLICAN POSITIONS in a REPUBLICAN AREA.
    Watch the democrats pretend that this = voters choosing them, when their OWN CANDIDATE DID NOT....he ran as far away from Schumer/Pelosi as he could get...
    Not your usual Democrat: Pennsylvania candidate supports gun rights

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...ports-gun-rig/
    Conor Lamb, citing need for new leadership, will not support Nancy Pelosi as Democratic leader

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/pol...s/201801080095
    He's genuinely conservative on some issues and there were a LOT of Dems who didn't support Pelosi .. she's poisonous at this point.

Time for a change. What she needs to do is wait until October or so and then take herself out of the running. That would pull the rug out from under the untold tens of millions already spent making this election about her!

Hey Grok - You're not gonna get away with using (oh - he's really not a Democrat) LoL .. nice try though.

+ Reply to Thread