Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,099x in 10,781 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Our enemies are not the real threat, they are primarily the distraction
    In fact, "our enemies" are all boogiemen. As donttread explained to us time and again.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,113
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I always find it amusing when someone who avoided serving in the military questions the patriotism of someone who volunteered to serve in a time of war. A chicken-hawk like you isn't fit to lace my combat boots.
    You've never understood that it's your claims of such experience and 'serving' that makes your statements here so ridiculous. Should you be a donttread or Safety, no one would take you seriously. The only reason I take the time and concern to absolutely destroy your bullshiit and teach you the correct realities is that you should know better. Something happened to you, you became angry and resentful....it's plain as day. As a result, your nonsense and hatred for America must be addressed and edited.

Like for example your concern for the Kurds. Promoting the support and facilitation of Kurdish independence movements that are in fact a source or strain and warfare in the Middle East. Turkey, Russia, Iran, Syria, and Iraq all vehemently opposed Kurdish autonomy of any kind much less independence. And yet you suggest the US take measures to further escalate tensions by supporting and facilitating these movements. All in some emotional wing it support for the Kurds.

You display the idiot's angle, gotta give you that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-25-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I always find it amusing when someone who avoided serving in the military questions the patriotism of someone who volunteered to serve in a time of war. A chicken-hawk like you isn't fit to lace my combat boots.
    In addition, please return and review your analyses of the ISIS threat matrix, you'll find humor, error, and swing and miss fckup.......I was forced to step in and correct the record. And yours. Your integrity now hanging by a thread, you're warring and angry with other Members. Pathetic if it wasn't so sad.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-25-2018)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,650x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    You've never understood that it's your claims of such experience and 'serving' that makes your statements here so ridiculous. Should you be a donttread or Safety, no one would take you seriously. The only reason I take the time and concern to absolutely destroy your bullshiit and teach you the correct realities is that you should know better. Something happened to you, you became angry and resentful....it's plain as day. As a result, your nonsense and hatred for America must be addressed and edited.

Like for example your concern for the Kurds. Promoting the support and facilitation of Kurdish independence movements that are in fact a source or strain and warfare in the Middle East. Turkey, Russia, Iran, Syria, and Iraq all vehemently opposed Kurdish autonomy of any kind much less independence. And yet you suggest the US take measures to further escalate tensions by supporting and facilitating these movements. All in some emotional wing it support for the Kurds.

Plenty of people take me seriously. The ones who respond with well thought out responses vs. arressted development type answers like you.
    Bottom line is that western intervention has made an entire region a worse mess than it would have been without us . But it's OK, get out your toy soldiers and play world domination with them

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of people take me seriously. The ones who respond with well thought out responses vs. arressted development type answers like you.

Bottom line is that western intervention has made an entire region a worse mess than it would have been without us . But it's OK, get out your toy soldiers and play world domination with them
    Your opinion that it has made the entire region worse isn't backed by any fact or thought out argument, donttread. You merely write it....without a clue as to whether it's accurate or not, you're winging it.

Let's remain on topic. Cause this thread has been started before, donttread. The question "who are the Syrian Rebels" was being asked in the summer of 2013 on these very threads. In 2014, the definition became more defined, the question started to be answered. Without the West involved in Syria....Syria remains a cesspool. Decades long opposition over Israel, many nations and interests already involved in Syria.

By 2015, the who are the Syrian Rebels is quite apparent. And yet you.....donttread....are still vehemently arguing that this Islamic State is none of our business. Other than they're all our fault of course. That the threat analysis is nothing more than big business/big military boogieman talk, there is no threat. As a matter of fact, in a now infamous post not 27 days before the Paris attacks, donttread was taken seriously on these pages by asking what possible threat they posed to the United States.

What cannot be denied and must be taken seriously of course, what the true 'bottom line' is....is that overt US military intervention in Iraq and Syria against the Islamic State is what finally rolled them back. The overt US military action you vehemently opposed....and I'm talking you three Lostkateers....Ethereal, Peter, and donttread. ALL of you strictly opposed such engagement, drooled on and on about unintended consequences, world wars, Neocons want death, ways, ends, means analysis, endless drivel and idle banter....and you were f'n wrong, donttread. ALL of you. The very and exact overt military intervention by the West especially the United States was the difference maker.

The game changer all of you so vehemently opposed the reason I'm giving @Ethereal the business end of it as well concerning his claims to such fame and knowledge. It's the reason I give Peter such a harsh lashing too. How is it.....these two who claim such vast experience and knowledge......bone this analysis so f'n badly? And I mean.....bone fcked it, donttread.

Now.....I don't ponder, pontificate, nor concern myself with the reasons you so vehemently opposed, why you were so lost with your 'what threat could they possibly pose' nonsense. I already know the answers to those queries. The answer is of course.....you're winging it. Just blathering anti-this or anti-that rhetoric, packaged responses, same shiit different day.

For Ethereal and Peter....that analysis stands in stark contrast to the knowledge and skills they themselves profess. Crying about how everyone else isn't qualified....and then bone the ISIS analysis in such a shoddy manner......sorry. Forum embarrassment for our wonderful forum.
    Last edited by Ransom; 04-26-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding foreign policy or historical perspective?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That's Bull$#@! unlike you I went for accuracy and facts. Not some lame ass cowardly narrative to blame the US. Which that's your bag. That is what you do. You do it with Russia, You do it with Iran, You do it with N Korea, and you will do it with any other enemy of the US.

You stick up for Iran who aids and assists AQ, Hezbollah, and Hamas, just to name the big ones they sponsor.

If anyone is a traitor it is your cowardly ass. But then you cowards always talk $#@! except when standing in front of somebody. Oh and your Marine training and service is nothing more than a cover for what you and I both know you are about. One thing is for a fact, you don't deserve to wear that Marine Uniform nor claim the honor of being a US Marine. You're a $#@!ing disgrace.

And if your feeling skipping about anything I say to you. You let me know as I have no problem putting a Coward in its proper place.
    You support terrorism. You're a damn traitor.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ransom, the armchair general who never served a single day in uniform - a chicken-hawk.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, "our enemies" are all boogiemen. As donttread explained to us time and again.

Maybe not all. But most yes. When's the last time a war we fought defended us from invasion?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding foreign policy or historical perspective?

Both , if you factor in that old foreign policy history has little bearing on current wars. You are mired in a differnet era when surrrenders were achieved through inhumanity to man and insurgents were part of the surrender. A time when some of our wars actually made sense.

+ Reply to Thread