jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When these preening leftists have had enough feces under foot and stolen laptops from their Acuras they will happily employ men of means to scrub their lives. The funny part is they have not added that cost to their budget.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 915x in 631 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Then again big business is keeping pace with owning government in many other respects. At this point I don't know where big business ends and government begins, they are so intertwined and I don't think it's happenstance. Where the monarchies left off, the oligarchies stepped in and the oligarchies don't care about people.
    You called it. They have made themselves a functioning branch of government. The military can't move without Haliburton. The IRS can't tax without Equifax. The NSA can't spy without Google and Microsoft. This corporate method of making their services necessary is definitely on purpose, and keeps companies profitable. Without this tactic, the big companies would fold overnight and, god forbid, have to compete with smaller companies fairly
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RadioGod For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,284
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post
    You called it. They have made themselves a functioning branch of government. The military can't move without Haliburton. The IRS can't tax without Equifax. The NSA can't spy without Google and Microsoft. This corporate method of making their services necessary is definitely on purpose, and keeps companies profitable. Without this tactic, the big companies would fold overnight and, god forbid, have to compete with smaller companies fairly
    Government is bought and paid for beginning with the election process. It's no coincidence that as elections have become more expensive to run, contributions from major corporate entities to candidates have become more essential to the process with the obvious residual obligations satisfied through the lobbyist industry.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (05-16-2018)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KathyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,600x in 838 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    This is probably unconstitutional. It may cost the State of Washington business, if it's not. We have to find a way to deal with the education issue -- and I mean education where you can actually make a living, not one that just makes you feel good. Also, watch This Old House 2018 season -- the United States is desperate for trades people. Desperate. Good wages.
    Exactly!!

Pipeline welders make up to $5000/week, master plumbers up to $250/hour, and train crews up to $100,000/year. As a locomotive engineer, I averaged $75,000 to $100,000 per year with excellent benefits.
    I read that Class I railroads are offering $25,000 sign on bonuses for road and train crew new hires.

I have a BS and two Master degrees, and I'll never make what I did as an engineer. That being said, most young people these days don't want to get their hands dirty, and will sit in their parents basement instead.
    “Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen. And now, any of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens.”

Jim Hays

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KathyS For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-16-2018),DGUtley (05-16-2018)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,626x in 14,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post
    That is the core of the problem, isn't it? They have alot of problems in Seattle. Real estate prices are through the roof, homelessness is rampant, and judging by the fact that 9 city council members can pass something that a majority of Seattleites are against, I would say corruption is a problem also.
    I know companies like Amazon probably get sweet tax deals to begin with just to open facilties there. Oftentimes companies that big get newly paved streets, fiber internet, new utilities, parking, street lights, etc., all at taxpayer expense. I don't know how this new tax will offset those gains for those companies, but I am sure those companies will use this as an excuse to eliminate a few jobs or reduce benefits.
    I hate the unfair way big business works in a supossedly free and open market, but this tax is wrong.
    Why is what would be inflation in any other industry a "boom" in real estate?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (05-16-2018)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    NapRover's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,636x in 1,083 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's to keep huge numbers of people from flocking to Seattle and acting homeless, so they can get free $$ from businesses and panhandle for pot money all day like Portland?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NapRover For This Useful Post:

Don (05-16-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,599x in 25,152 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyS View Post
    . . . .That being said, most young people these days don't want to get their hands dirty, and will sit in their parents basement instead.
    I think though, that given the chance and opportunity, they'd love it. A good solid work day with a fair wage that accomplished something. A lot don't know what they don't know.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    A smart , but slippery move , on the city's part at least as far as Amazon is concerned. The taxes Amazon pays will really be paid by customers in some way shape or form . Therefore in part , the country helps out with the downside of the boom. But it's a copy cat world so who's next Detroit ?
    How about having you know planned ahead and had some tax or funding stream, rent controls, etc. in place building as the boom grew? If you have a city where large numbers of people need government assistance with housing, even employed people, than the city's economy has not boomed. It has failed. The boom has not reached far enough down to be called a boom.
    Anyone who wants a job can find one. That's a boom.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Why is what would be inflation in any other industry a "boom" in real estate?

A house is worth whatever you can get. You are worth whatever wage you get. The two are unrelated.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,551x in 55,966 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Government is bought and paid for beginning with the election process. It's no coincidence that as elections have become more expensive to run, contributions from major corporate entities to candidates have become more essential to the process with the obvious residual obligations satisfied through the lobbyist industry.
    So let’s tax big businesses out of business. That’ll be good for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread