User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone so polarized as concerning President Trump?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know its one thing to cast your vote for a politician who at least in the first instance was not renowned for moral turpitude and disreputable financial conduct versus voting for someone who was infamous for these things. Would you invest money with a man who the banks won't touch with a ten-foot pole? Would you involve yourself in a business deal with a man with a history of 1200 lawsuits by unpaid contractors and shafted investors? Would you really want any financial relationship with a man who employs a crooked lawyer as a 'fixer' for his legal woes and who ran a fraudulent university in order to bilk students of tuition like a common grifter?

Yet you invest your vote in such a man whose middle name should be Fraud, in the hopes that he will make anything right. The man had a laundry list of wishes, cherry-picked from the conservative media talking heads that he sold to the willingly blind. He's not a politician, he's a largely failed CEO. Does he even try to unite the right, never mind gain support from the left? No. He is a divisive force in the Republican party who either keep their disdain for him to themselves but occasionally dare to speak out. He goes out of his way to divide the public. Where it counts, he doesn't get Republican votes despite the fact that they may disingenuously sing his praises in public. He is about to become another lame duck President midway in his first term of office. He is surrounded by people who have been or are now indicted for unlawful activities, some of whom who have now been convicted. He is like a dystopic Pigpen in the Charlie Brown comic strip with his own personal cloud of corruption following him.

Did no one ever tell you about the results of making a deal with the devil?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Trish (01-02-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    You know its one thing to cast your vote for a politician who at least in the first instance was not renowned for moral turpitude and disreputable financial conduct versus voting for someone who was infamous for these things. Would you invest money with a man who the banks won't touch with a ten-foot pole? Would you involve yourself in a business deal with a man with a history of 1200 lawsuits by unpaid contractors and shafted investors? Would you really want any financial relationship with a man who employs a crooked lawyer as a 'fixer' for his legal woes and who ran a fraudulent university in order to bilk students of tuition like a common grifter?

Yet you invest your vote in such a man whose middle name should be Fraud, in the hopes that he will make anything right. The man had a laundry list of wishes, cherry-picked from the conservative media talking heads that he sold to the willingly blind. He's not a politician, he's a largely failed CEO. Does he even try to unite the right, never mind gain support from the left? No. He is a divisive force in the Republican party who either keep their disdain for him to themselves but occasionally dare to speak out. He goes out of his way to divide the public. Where it counts, he doesn't get Republican votes despite the fact that they may disingenuously sing his praises in public. He is about to become another lame duck President midway in his first term of office. He is surrounded by people who have been or are now indicted for unlawful activities, some of whom who have now been convicted. He is like a dystopic Pigpen in the Charlie Brown comic strip with his own personal cloud of corruption following him.

Did no one ever tell you about the results of making a deal with the devil?
    We made no deal with the devil. Crooked Hillary was soundly defeated. We voted for Trump. He won. We won.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-03-2019)

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Boris The Animal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,312x in 898 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Some of us prefer not to have a racist grifter as President, and some of us, like you, like to make excuses for the inexcusable.

Go figure.
    Yeah, sure. Obunghole was clean and pure, right? Remember his all out assault on whites and LEOs?
    IT'S JUST BORIS!

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    We made no deal with the devil. Crooked Hillary was soundly defeated. We voted for Trump. He won. We won.
    I suspect that you are predisposed not to recognize the devil if you tripped over him. Hillary was and is indeed crooked which is no excuse for putting an equally depraved individual into power just because he was singing along to the conservative dog whistles.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Boris The Animal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,312x in 898 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I suspect that you are predisposed not to recognize the devil if you tripped over him. Hillary was and is indeed crooked which is no excuse for putting an equally depraved individual into power just because he was singing along to the conservative dog whistles.
    My ONE AND ONLY reason why my vote went to Trump was to protect the SCOTUS at all costs from the Left. So far he's delivered. Once Ruth Vader is gone, the Conservatives can solidify their majority and hopefully overturn some of the more egregious rulings like Roe.
    IT'S JUST BORIS!

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    My ONE AND ONLY reason why my vote went to Trump was to protect the SCOTUS at all costs from the Left. So far he's delivered. Once Ruth Vader is gone, the Conservatives can solidify their majority and hopefully overturn some of the more egregious rulings like Roe.
    Once you have sold your soul, you can't get it back. You are damned.

Mahatma Gandhi

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (01-02-2019),Trish (01-03-2019)

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,898x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I see TDS ha driven self-righteous moralizing to the level where Trump is the devil.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-03-2019),Peter1469 (01-03-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,538x in 94,396 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I see TDS ha driven self-righteous moralizing to the level where Trump is the devil.
    That sums it up.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-03-2019)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Donald Trump is not a good person. He is the epitome of both, ignorance and want. He will never be given respect because he is not worthy. Anyone who supports this man gives his ignorance and want power and makes them an extension of who he is. It puts a stain on whomever supports him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

alexa (01-03-2019)

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,898x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Donald Trump is not a good person. He is the epitome of both, ignorance and want. He will never be given respect because he is not worthy. Anyone who supports this man gives his ignorance and want power and makes them an extension of who he is. It puts a stain on whomever supports him.
    Same response, actually.

Up front, I don't like Trump personally, don't like the way he presents himself. Then again I didn't like the way Obama presented himself either, smooth talker and all. But I manage to seperate that from their politics. Trump, as I've made clear many a time, I agree with on some actions, like tax cuts and deregulation and court nominations, but disagree with him on the wall (not immigration) and tariffs, and I'm well aware of arguments on these actions and more, and those disagreements lead to interesting discussions. But to simply condemn his actions for the way he presents himself I can never agree with.

Let me explain what I mean by self-righteous moralizing. The self-righteous part is the assumption some one or group or thing or abstraction has violated law, Constitution, morals based on mere accusation, the assumption of truth without so much as a rational argument supporing it. Self-righteousness also assume a sense of moral superiority and ties into moralizing: "comment on issues of right and wrong, typically with an unfounded air of superiority." The moralizing also aims to associate the same moral evil assumed and accused with anyone who disagrees. This applies here to Trump but it also applies to many other topics.

Not liking Trump, OK, that's your perogative. Same with just liking him. Sorry, but it just doesn't amount to much.
    Last edited by Chris; 01-03-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

+ Reply to Thread