User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oxford/AstraZeneca already selling covid vaccine to Brazil for deliver in Dec/Jan

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,705
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,091x in 28,500 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but I wouldn't run right out and get the shot. I'm guessing the same folks who get flu shots annually would be first in line. Probably older folks, the infirm, those with compromised immunity or maybe those who are overweight.

I'm none of those and I'm in pretty good shape, so I'd probably rather contract the virus and take my chances building antibodies.
    Taking the vaccine would not normally concern me. The rush to put anything that looks likely does bother me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (06-30-2020),Peter1469 (07-01-2020)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CenterField's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 500x in 395 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    The rush to put anything that looks likely does bother me.
    I don't understand this seemingly incomplete phrase. To put where? Looks likely to do what?
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22X0J9

The USA did the same a month ago.

Problem 1 - is that they do not know if the vaccine will work so they are reserving purchases not actually placing deliverable orders.

Problem 2 - AstraZeneca has questionable resources to deliver and was sourcing a merger for financial resources to fill demands.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/busin...ad/cid/1779265
    Great. I seemed to remember having read somewhere that we made a deal with AstraZeneca too, and wasn't sure. So we reserved 300 million doses. Excellent.

“This contract with AstraZeneca is a major milestone in Operation Warp Speed’s work toward a safe, effective, widely available vaccine by 2021,” U.S. Health Secretary Alex Azar said. The first doses could be available in the United States as early as October, according to a statement from HHS.
    If Trump's Warp Speed initiative succeeds, he will have my grateful vote in November.

I know it's cost sharing and uncertain. I said as much. Still great news.
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,578x in 26,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99% of the population has no need for a vaccine.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,431x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    99% of the population has no need for a vaccine.
    Whatever the % is, I would not consider taking it until at least several years of the human guinea pig trials.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,705
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,091x in 28,500 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CenterField View Post
    Great. I seemed to remember having read somewhere that we made a deal with AstraZeneca too, and wasn't sure. So we reserved 300 million doses. Excellent.

If Trump's Warp Speed initiative succeeds, he will have my grateful vote in November.

I know it's cost sharing and uncertain. I said as much. Still great news.
    The fact that you would even consider voting for Joe Biden makes your judgement more than questionable.
    Is this really your only issue? You think senile Biden would do better? You still have not even said what you think Trump did wrong. You keep blaming him for what the governors do.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that you would even consider voting for Joe Biden makes your judgement more than questionable.
    Is this really your only issue? You think senile Biden would do better? You still have not even said what you think Trump did wrong. You keep blaming him for what the governors do.
    No, I do assign blame to the governors, I've said it over and over. I could give you a list of what I think Trump did wrong or could have done better, together with a list of what I think he did right. It would probably just lead to a shouting match with Trump fans because as much as the Left is not willing to acknowledge any good move by our president (I do acknowledge them), Trump fans are not willing to consider any wrong or insufficient move by him.

Like I said, I'm not a Biden fan and Trump hasn't lost my vote yet. My rationale is more like one of a change in leadership if things go horribly wrong. I don't think that Biden personally, with his half-dementia, might do much better but maybe he'd be able to surround himself with good people, get a good cabinet appointed, get an energetic veep to help in a bigger way than most veeps do, to compensate a little for Biden's cognitive problems.

When things are going wrong, persisting while expecting a different result is dumb, said Albert Einstein. So if we become an out-of-control train wreck, yes, I'd want a change in leadership, thinking, "it can't get any worse."

Yes, I have my priorities like any voter, and public health is very much a top one for me. I think the response or lack thereof to this pandemic is a defining moment in the contemporary history of our country.

I do understand that you and others here will dismiss and shut down anybody who even *considers* not voting for Trump. I find it exaggerated, frankly. I've voted for politicians with a D and an R attached to their names all the time in my voting history. I have no problem going from a D to an R or for an R to a D if I think that at the moment, it will be best for the country. And no, a vote against Trump doesn't make of me a partisan hack.

But again, I haven't decided yet. I may be one of the last undecided voters... LOL.

First of all, I need to see who Biden will pick as veep. I won't make up my mind before knowing that, because I suspect that that person will be the real candidate (if he wins, I think Biden will renounce soon or be 25th'ed). So, I want to compare that person to Trump, not Biden to Trump. I think it's more relevant.

+ Reply to Thread