Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,246x in 27,867 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Except for the ACA he's just fine. ACA is dying on the vine so that's no concern. Read his record and remember that he is more conservative than Gorsuch was.
    Don't be a fool. ACA is not the point. Kavanaugh's willingness to rewrite statutes is. He cannot be trusted. I see you want another Kennedy. Or another Roberts. Why? We can have a Constitutional Conservative if we insist on it.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 07-11-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. The government said it wasn't a tax. The Republicans said it was. A mistake. Roberts agreed with them and that made the ACA constitutional. A Republican screw up.
    Don't put this on the Republicans. Roberts rewrote an unconstitutional law. Roberts and Kavanaugh are gross errors. We can do better and we should.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Democrats should vote for him. He will be another Kennedy or Roberts. Republicans should reject him.
    That's being a kook.
    No, they shouldn't. You know I'm right but you can't ever admit to being wrong. You are dead wrong this time. Do try to learn something you don't know. You're never too hard to learn if you want to learn. That remains to be seen.

Yea, reject Trump's appointee right before the election and give the House to the Dems as a gift.
    Last edited by Captdon; 07-11-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they shouldn't. You know I'm right but you can't ever admit to being wrong. You are dead wrong this time. Do try to learn something you don't know. You're never too hard to learn if you want to learn. That remains to be seen.

Yea, reject Trump's appointee right before the election and give the House to the Dems as a gift.
    If I am wrong shouldn't you be able to show it? I posted Scalia's dissent and described how Kavanaugh did the same gyrations Roberts did to turn a penalty into a tax. Do you disbelieve Scalia's dissent? Do you believe Kavanaugh did not do all he could to turn a legislated penalty into a legislated tax?

Or is it that you simply do not care if Kavanaugh is a very risky choice?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't put this on the Republicans. Roberts rewrote an unconstitutional law. Roberts and Kavanaugh are gross errors. We can do better and we should.
    It was the stupid Republicans who screamed it was a tax. they said it in writing to the Court. They said it to the Court. Roberts took their arguement. Yea, it was dumbass Republicans who brought the tax issue to the Court.
    Perhaps you were ill and unable to keep up when the issue came to the court. I can't think of any other reason for you to say this.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the stupid Republicans who screamed it was a tax. they said it in writing to the Court. They said it to the Court. Roberts took their arguement. Yea, it was dumbass Republicans who brought the tax issue to the Court.
    Perhaps you were ill and unable to keep up when the issue came to the court. I can't think of any other reason for you to say this.
    Note to self: Capt is unaware that Roberts rewrote a legislative penalty, the law, unconstitutionally, into a tax. Question: Is Capt simply ignorant? Is there some other explanation? Can a Justice write legislation? If so by what Constitutional authority?

Are the Republicans dumb asses or is Capt simply wrong, again.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 07-11-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the stupid Republicans who screamed it was a tax. they said it in writing to the Court. They said it to the Court. Roberts took their argument. Yea, it was dumbass Republicans who brought the tax issue to the Court.
    It does not matter what Republicans did or did not say. Do you understand that? The point was the law itself. The law itself was unconstitutional. Roberts rewrote the law. That is unconstitutional.

Perhaps you were too ill to understand what the Supreme Court is supposed to do. I can't think of any other reason for you to say this.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 07-11-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I am wrong shouldn't you be able to show it? I posted Scalia's dissent and described how Kavanaugh did the same gyrations Roberts did to turn a penalty into a tax. Do you disbelieve Scalia's dissent? Do you believe Kavanaugh did not do all he could to turn a legislated penalty into a legislated tax?

Or is it that you simply do not care if Kavanaugh is a very risky choice?
    Scalia wasn't a god. He though t that government agencies had more "belief" in courts too.

Blame Robert's. he was on the court. Kavanaugh wasn't.

He is not a risky choice. Neither was Roberts. Roberts has been just fine most of the time.

Showing you a fire wouldn't be enough for you. Throwing you in it to see how hot it was wouldn't make you think it wasn't a trick.

You normality status is at risk I think. There is another group besides normal and abnormals. There aberrants. You are borderline as is. Hopefully, you are having a bad day and can rejoin the normals.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scalia wasn't a god. He though t that government agencies had more "belief" in courts too.
    You are arguing against a point I did not make. While convenient for you it does not advance your argument.
    Blame Robert's. he was on the court. Kavanaugh wasn't.
    I do blame Roberts. If you can pay attention Kavanaugh ruled on the same law. Kavanaugh practically did somersaults to convert the penalty into a tax as Roberts did after Kavanaugh did.

One can learn from one's mistakes or one can appoint another Kennedy or Roberts. We deserve better and we should demand that President Trump nominate a Constitutional Conservative.

He is not a risky choice. Neither was Roberts. Roberts has been just fine most of the time.
    Roberts made ACA constitutional through an unconstitutional rewriting of the law. If you believe that is acceptable then the problem lies within you.
    Showing you a fire wouldn't be enough for you. Throwing you in it to see how hot it was wouldn't make you think it wasn't a trick.
    I understand you ran out of arguments.
    You normality status is at risk I think. There is another group besides normal and abnormals. There aberrants. You are borderline as is. Hopefully, you are having a bad day and can rejoin the normals.
    The Normal people want a Constitutional Conservative on the Court. The abnormals don't really care as long as they can claim a win. Don't be abnormal.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,973x in 55,600 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I am right I am right. Do you expect me to accept your errors over the correct view?

And when you are wrong, you are wrong.

+ Reply to Thread