Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,491x in 25,976 Posts
    Mentioned
    1166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    This is a waste of time or LOL are fair commentaries on threads such as these. I appreciate the faith of a political forum’s SJW. On to the next policing action for you!
    All your comments are a waste of time, Private Pickle... cuz I say so!
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Polly you need to read the news more often, there are women in the news everyday committing violence. Want to me post about 5 articles a day on women committing violence, hurting their kids, killing them, burning them and videos of women attacking people ?? Just STOP with your one sided feminine view of the world because it is not based in fact.

Why did I insinuate this guy was a sick puppy therefore has mental issues. What friggin NORMAL thinking male throws a 5 yr old kid off a 3 story balcony because hes mad at their mother. ONLY A SICK F***k male or female does that.
    Obviously, women commit violence. Nobody is denying that. But men, as a class, commit far more violence than women do. The male inclination towards violence partly explains why this particular male decided to behave as he did. Humans, lest we forget, are the top predators on the planet. The male of the human species is the most dangerous predator that has ever existed on earth. Human males have a natural predatory instinct due to millions of years of evolutionary behavior. Such an instinct has helped propel humans to the top. But it also presents unique and difficult challenges for how to organized civilized societies.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (04-25-2019)

Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    He's as crazy as a bedbug. The question is, why has he been allowed to run around with the freedom to cause injury and death? Rhetorical question - answer, because until that individual commits murder, no one wants to spend the money to keep the rest of society safe.
    Generally speaking, communities and families are the strongest regulators of human behavior. So if a particular human is acting out like this, it's probably because they lack strong community and family networks.
    --John Adams

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (04-25-2019),Rationalist (05-15-2019)

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,129
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,898x in 8,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Generally speaking, communities and families are the strongest regulators of human behavior. So if a particular human is acting out like this, it's probably because they lack strong community and family networks.
    Or the family is unable to pay for the care that he needs. There is an extreme shortage of the kind of in-patient care that someone like this person might need, unless you have the kind of money to get him into the premier facilities.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (05-16-2019)

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,707x in 54,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    2009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Or the family is unable to pay for the care that he needs. There is an extreme shortage of the kind of in-patient care that someone like this person might need, unless you have the kind of money to get him into the premier facilities.
    Or a million other possibilities that you could guess at, why narrow it down to monetary matters?

Anyone who goes to malls to meet women needs more help than you have to offer. Did you know that about him? Yet you offer expert advice.

As for the OP title, "Guy Throws Child Off Balcony Because Incel," so far there's no connection to the Incel movement.

Agendas,
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,129
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,898x in 8,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Or a million other possibilities that you could guess at, why narrow it down to monetary matters?

Anyone who goes to malls to meet women needs more help than you have to offer. Did you know that about him? Yet you offer expert advice.

As for the OP title, "Guy Throws Child Off Balcony Because Incel," so far there's no connection to the Incel movement.

Agendas,
    Yes, because people who throw kids off balconies are normal, right? Pfft! I couldn't care less if he was connected to the bowel movement. He's mentally ill and there are far too many of these homicidal types that people know are off their rocker just walking around.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,396x in 15,966 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All your comments are a waste of time, Private Pickle... cuz I say so!
    Thats hawt
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,046
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,612x in 4,342 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, women commit violence. Nobody is denying that. But men, as a class, commit far more violence than women do. The male inclination towards violence partly explains why this particular male decided to behave as he did. Humans, lest we forget, are the top predators on the planet. The male of the human species is the most dangerous predator that has ever existed on earth. Human males have a natural predatory instinct due to millions of years of evolutionary behavior. Such an instinct has helped propel humans to the top. But it also presents unique and difficult challenges for how to organized civilized societies.
    I'm of a somewhat less pessimistic view than this. I don't believe that the disproportionate inclination toward violence that we see from men as a class is at all inevitable, and that as much is shown in the simple fact that most men don't do things like what was described in the OP. So I have faith that things can be changed for the better.

My opinion is that the main reason why women are less inclined toward violent solutions as a class is because we are socialized that way and men are not. Men are socialized to be a dominant class and violence has to be acceptable for any dominant class to exercise and conversely unacceptable for the subordinate class. If we socialize boys differently (and penalize men equally for committing violent crimes, incidentally, as women who commit violent crimes seem more likely to actually be convicted), then I think we would see the statistical differences between men and women overall on violent behavior come more into alignment. I really think that possessing more testosterone content accounts for very little of that difference.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 04-25-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These people who commit these spontaneous homicidal acts are rarely committing acts of violence for the first time. There are always people who knew that they were unstable but protected them or didn't say anything or were unable to get help for them. Why do you think that there is a homeless problem? It's because mental health care is so underfunded. People in the 1940's got more mental health care than people today.
    Were the rates of violent crime lower in the 1940s though?

That the mental health condition of the U.S. population today explains very little about the violent crime that remains is my point. I struggle with more than one mental illness and have thus far attempted to murder no one in the course of my life. And although I'm a strong proponent of gun ownership, I'd concede that even gun possession explains only a finite amount of it (as it's irrelevant to this particular case, for example). The single most common thing that murderers, rapists, and terrorists tend to have in common isn't that they are mentally ill or even that they have guns in their possession, but that they are one-sidedly (as in more than 80%) male. That's a problem that we should think about as a society, I believe. We need to think about how we socialize boys in order to actually solve problems like these, I believe.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 04-25-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    Most self admitted incels aren't throwing kids off balconys. They may be deplorable but aren't necessarily criminals. Obviously this guy wasn't complely wrapped right
    I agree with you on this, which is why I've been expressing faith that things don't have to be this way. But at the same time, when you look at incels as a political grouping of people, one has to concede that there is definitely a disproportionate tendency toward violent behavior to be found therein compared to just about all other political communities that exist and operate in this country. I mean seriously, white nationalists seem to be the only more violence-prone political community in this country, statistically speaking; the only political community responsible for more murders and assaults in North America in the last two years. I doubt that that's just a coincidence. You should seriously visit the main incel message boards whenever things like what's described in the OP happen and see what the reaction is. It's a very different reaction than what we see here or anywhere else. There are always threads praising the violence in response.

I mean most ISIS members have never actually committed acts of violence themselves either. That doesn't mean they opposed them or weren't attempting to facilitate them or that ISIS is an okay organization that should be legal!
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 04-25-2019 at 05:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread