Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    I am sorry spare me the violins music here. Government Regulators (read Government Employees) put thousands of people a month out of work by closing business and forcing productive enterprises to scale back or not hire because they cant comply.

None of those people will receive back pay for time off.

Trish do you worry about those people? Do you feel bad for coal miners put out by the EPA or farmers who cant farm because of stupid water regulation plans, Do you care about employees layed off because their employer is fighting off an ADA complaint?

Guess not.
    If you're going to answer for me then don't direct the question to me.

Are you at all upset that the President lied about resurrecting the coal industry? There are more coal mines that have closed under this President. Are you upset that he hasn't kept his promise......cause the coal miners are.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    I'm worried about sharing my story because it reveals some things in my life that are personal but I want others to know that there are struggles people are facing through unexpected life situations. I hope I'm not judged to harshly for sharing some of how I've been impacted.

I had never filed for unemployment, last week I did. It was the most crushing thing I have had to do. I am independent and proud. I always pay my bills and I’ve never asked or needed handouts.

The house that I fell in love with and was going to make an offer on didn’t happen. The sellers were devastated. They are an older couple who have lived in that house for over 40 years. The husband was a retired fireman which I really connected with because my grandfather was a DC fireman too. They had raised their family in that house and I could feel the pride and love they had poured into it.

This will delay their move to warmer climates. I hope they find a buyer while simultaneously I’ll be sad if they do.
    I owe less than $2k on my car with only 4 payments remaining. Friday, I had to contact the financial department and request a deferment due to the furlough. They were very gracious and agreed. Of course, the loan had 0% finance, so they really aren’t losing anything, but I was still relieved that they were willing to work with me.

I took out a personal loan through my credit union last year to address a health issue. I contacted them about deferring my January payments. They were happy to accommodate me for a $35 fee applied to both payments. I was shocked and told them that I was disappointed they were using the furlough to make money. They quickly rescinded the fees.

My savings took a hit when I was faced with rehab and housing costs for one of my sons. I take care of my own problems and I’ve never applied for federal resources to offset those expenses. I’ve always thought federal resources should help those less fortunate than me. Now I have no resources to help him right now and I worry for his life. Generally, I would have a cushion, but the opioids epidemic has hit my family hard and has basically cleaned me out.

I’ve always been smart not to accumulate credit card debt but I’m worried that I may have to fall back on my credit cards to survive this furlough. I may have to ask my parents for a loan. I’ve only had to ask them for help on one other occasion and I was much younger, it was one of the most embarrassing times in my life. Now I’m in a situation where I may have to ask them for help again and I feel like a failure. They don’t know that my savings has been depleted from helping my son. It’s something I’ve never discussed with them because I wanted to handle it on my own and I didn’t want them to worry for me or my son.

I guess I could pull money from my TSP savings, but I don’t want to take any money out of my retirement accounts.
    I’m required to perform some activities for work without pay as an excepted employee and I do them without complaint because it’s who I am as a civil servant. My country comes first.

I do NOT support this President’s shut down as he claimed in a press conference yesterday. He is delusional if he thinks federal workers should carry the burden of these negotiations.

I need to be paid for the work I am performing during this furlough and I need to get back to work so that I can meet my financial obligations and responsibilities that I have to others. Creditors are not going to give me a pass because of a wall. Retailers and manufacturers who depend on federal workers to buy from them are not going to understand why they are not making profits because of a wall. Contractors and small businesses that the federal government does business with will also suffer from losing business or having current work performance stopped because of a wall. Senior Citizens that need social resources will not understand why they are not receiving the care or assistance because of a wall. These are just some examples of how everyday citizens and businesses are going to be impacted by this shutdown.

My story isn’t unique. I am just one of many that are impacted by the furlough. I’m a real person who has always done the right thing financially and personally. I’ve never used social resources, but I may have to use them now because my livelihood has been cut off. This is heartbreaking and I’m angry to be forced into this situation.
    @Trish

Would you be more pro Trump's Wall knowing that the illicit drugs that have affected your son and your family so negatively freely flow-in on our unprotected southern border?

It sounds like you have many avenues to help keep you financially afloat during this temporary shutdown. Good!
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,637x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    It was rather cartoonish.
    I'd be tempted to drill a dude right in the nose for making that type of comment.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you at all upset that the President lied about resurrecting the coal industry? There are more coal mines that have closed under this President. Are you upset that he hasn't kept his promise......cause the coal miners are.
    No I am not upset because the forces put in play by Pres Hussein Obama Soreto need to be rolled back and it is hard work.

So do you feel your situation as a Gov employee is worth of our concern. I answered the question because I have never heard a Gov employee concerned about the effects of their leech like employment on real people
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

nathanbforrest45 (01-08-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trish made the statement earlier that some government workers were dedicated and tried to do their jobs well. Admirable, but then again so did some of the guards at Auschwitz.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (01-08-2019)

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,394x in 27,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now there you go again.

Candidate Trump promised to end the Federal government's war on the coal industry. President Trump fulfilled candidate Trump's promise. The Obama regime did enormous damage to the coal industry.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (01-08-2019)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Now there you go again.

Candidate Trump promised to end the Federal government's war on the coal industry. President Trump fulfilled candidate Trump's promise. The Obama regime did enormous damage to the coal industry.
    Just in case you can't tell because the emoji is sooooo small, that's me rolling my eyes.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    Trish made the statement earlier that some government workers were dedicated and tried to do their jobs well. Admirable, but then again so did some of the guards at Auschwitz.
    That wasn't necessary. It's mean and I don't appreciate being compared to nazi soldiers.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    No I am not upset because the forces put in play by Pres Hussein Obama Soreto need to be rolled back and it is hard work.

So do you feel your situation as a Gov employee is worth of our concern. I answered the question because I have never heard a Gov employee concerned about the effects of their leech like employment on real people
    You answered the question because I was courteous not to answer for you. You have no idea what I do for the government so calling me a leech is really not appropriate.

Not sure what's going on here but there's a group of you who've decided to come on this thread and be hateful. Just skip my article and move on if you hate me so much.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,394x in 27,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in case you can't tell because the emoji is sooooo small, that's me rolling my eyes.
    You are wrong Trish. Say it. Say, "MisterVeritis, I was wrong."
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

+ Reply to Thread