User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Democracy is not dead...... It never lived!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Gandhi bought the freedom of an entire nation without money.
    How many Gandhis do you know?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Here is what I know MR V. Since I have known real wealthy people personally. I know that they are the opposite of what you are saying here a better is. The so called betters are some of the most miserable lonely people on the earth. They cannot have real relationships and it's almost impossible for them to find love because someone always only wants them for what they have. And the betters never really know who loves them and who does not. Even if someone does genuinely love them the betters will suspect that they don't really love them, so real relationships are almost impossible.

The so called betters are so lonely and have such a hard time living with themselves that they drink themselves to sleep every night. In order to build their empires or fortunes they have to do many unethical things because being unethical is the only way to get to that degree of wealth. They can barley live with themselves and barley make it through the day. They crack the bottle at night and drink it till they fall from their chair.

Conspiracy theories pale in comparison to what really goes on in the lives of the ultra wealthy. They have beliefs and practices you wouldn't even imagine. You would be called crazy if you said it out loud. But these ultra wealthy are the builders of our society, they are responsible for building society according to their beliefs and goals. They are venerated by the politicians and invited to dinner with the politicians and treated as family. This gives them pride and the feeling of a better, they feel as thought they are builders and are very important in shaping society. In return for this recognition and glory, they give mega donations to the politicians of their choosing, and they get to help decide what legislations will be passed. In order that the donations are tax free they give the donations in multiples of small amounts.

These moments of feeling important help them for a day or two and make them feel like they are doing some good in the world. But then a few days later reality sets in again and they see day in and day out the unethical things they have to do to stay at the top. The face they show to society is the proud face, and that helps them to be seen as good people. They donate to charities to help themselves to feel better. But it does not help because the weight on their conscious is so heavy that they can barley breathe.

They are alone and afraid and miserable. They loath the lower people of society looking upon them as less. But at the same time live off of the backs of those lower people, but without the lowers the betters would not exist. The betters you speak of have the saddest lives of all living beings. It is better to be poor living in a hut with a dirt floor and have someone you love and a good meal now and then. A true better knows that the life in the hut is far more superior. How sad is the life of the better. I have never seen such a sorrow as the burden of the man who owns an empire or great fortune.

It is even more sad if they get sick, because they are used to getting all of the things they want, but their money can only buy so much when it comes to health and life. They find out that all the money in the world cant save them. It is then that the great equalizer shows them that they are the same as everyone else. It is pretty harsh.

The real thing is not someone who gets to sit among the books in bliss. You speak as though you are MR Rotschilds himself. I do like you MR V. You should know that I do know what I am talking about. I know it for sure. All beings are equal MR V and what we have is not what defines us, but it is what is in our hearts, and if we have comfort, and a roof over our head, if we are a decent human being who cares for others, and does not make life hard for others, and helps another when he can. Our actions in this life are what define us.

I have no doubt MR V that you are a very decent human being. Even when you tell me that I am not smart and that I am a Marxist kook, a wine bibing whor#. I still sense a kindness behind your words, you just cant hide it MR.V. I can feel it, that is all there is to it. That is the reason that people still talk to you even though you trash them because there is something in you that is good.
    These are the sorts of things people who made poor choices often say to themselves.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly MR V you are not living up to the status of a "Better" Who are you to tell a person that you are worth more than them. Your idea of worth is worthless. That is where you Err where you are left morally destitute! Who are you to tell a person that they are worth less than you. You do not know what kind of life that person lived or if that person has ever taken a drink of alcohol in their life. You do not know what good that person may have done in this world for others and how the effects of their actions have evolved through space and time.

You think that worth is judged by your class in society. I hate to tell you that the worth of a man is not judged by his material success but by the quality of a mans heart.

At the day where we breathe our last. Your things, you will not be able to take with you. The only thing you will take is your state of mind.

You say to others that they have no worth, but a person who has shared a smile or an act of kindness has much more worth than a man who owns all the materials in the world.

You do not prove yourself as a better. A tree is judged by its fruit and I think the tree is infected with something bad.
    I was worth more as a metal finisher than a janitor. How could you believe differntly unless you're a communist?
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-12-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Construction was the reason. All of the construction is finished. Tomorrow will be a clean up day. And the general contractor will come by to finish the last three minor corrections. One day next week we will have the outdoor brick guy come to do an inspection and some minor repairs. Then I will resume my normal schedule.

I do not discuss my books nor my websites. My privacy is more valuable to me than a few additional book sales.
    I have four books that are unrelated to anything here. Even if they were I wouldn't say what they were. Every liberal here would go and badmouth them for spite.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    But will you always be happier for it? The evidence suggest no
    I have always been happier than those who made less than me. I could see that.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not know if you have more wealth that the other forum members. You do not know. If a person has wealth they usually don't brag about it. All of that wealth if you did have it would render worthless on the last day.
    Some people do talk about their wealth. Mr. V is one of them. So what? I know how much I'm wort compared to others. I just don't talk about it since it isn't that important to me.

What you define as worth isn't important to me either. People I know realize what I am worth and people who don't know me are meaningless.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Material success alone is a hollow and lonely thing. It doesn't bring joy or peace. At the end of it all, it's just stuff that you leave behind.
    Being poor doesn't bring you anything. So, I'd rather be at least well off than poor. I'm not rich by any standard but I am retired and living as well as when I worked. I don't worry about money. What I have is neither hollow nor lonely.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gandhi bought the freedom of an entire nation without money.
    Nonsense. Britain couldn't afford to keep India and Pakistan. There were millions killed in the move after independence. Gandhi didn't have the ability to change that. He was also a pervert.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    barb012's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,459x in 906 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter what you label it, any body of power that grew to big will all become corrupt. It is same behavior when any species becomes over populated in numbers, where Humans now is the biggest threat to the planet. Our history teaches us that all of the great empires in the past collapsed doing the exact behavior of what governments are now doing in getting more and more corrupt until it too collapses.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    How many Gandhis do you know?
    There only had to be one to serve as an illustration of my argument. As per my signature: "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread