Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyS View Post
    I missed this-

Originally Posted by Safety
    Wait, so the OP talking about writing a letter to the school to get the player sanctioned is nothing more than an a knee-jerk reaction to someone that “appeared” to do something? I guess if he had looked like Tim Tebow, he would never have been accused in the first place...."

Tim Tebow was relentlessly attacked by the left for bowing in thanks to God after a TD.

Thanks for the reminder...
    Sure, while you're basking in all that glory, I wonder how many wrote letters to his school to get him sanctioned....
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    So, if a Kenyan calls you "the American" it's racist? (Or the Canadian)
    If they are doing so because they think that you don't deserve to be President and have only been elected by special interest groups, yes it could be racist.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    If they are doing so because they think that you don't deserve to be President and have only been elected by special interest groups, yes it could be racist.
    If I go to replace ID I must produce a Birth certificate first. Don't you think it crazy that he got that far without producing one? He could of cleared it up from day one, I can reach in a file 3 feet away and produce mine, right now.

It is by no means "racist" to expect the POTUS to produce a BC (guess those stuffy DMV clerks are "racist") A reasonable and lawful demand.

Perhaps it was just his arrogance that caused the long delay, at any rate he has only himself to blame for the speculation.
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Perhaps because I was a mod during those years I saw a lot more than you did. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but Michelle Obama was compared to an ape many times.

It's also irrelevant where Obama was born because his mother is/was a US citizen (in fact a relative of Dick Cheney). His mother was born an American citizen and grew up in America. This whole birther nonsense was ridiculous. He was an American citizen at birth by any metric regardless of where he was born or where he lived as a child. Congress declared that "the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond the sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens." 1 Stat. 104 (1790). He was, therefore by definition, a natural born citizen and furthermore, he lived in the US for more than 14 years prior to running for President. The entire birtherist controversy was pure and unadulterated BS which didn't even begin to pass the smell test. Even if his father was the Ayatollah Khomeini, he was still, by virtue of right of blood (jus sanguinis) an American citizen and his mother's citizenship was never questioned.

Don't eat the yellow snow.
    I was a kid most of that time and didn't see much of the racism you decried.

Racism to you has never been in the intention, as you just told resister, it's always been in the perception. If you feel it's so it must be so.

The person could swear up and down he wasn't but you, and others, would insist it was racist. Some even continue to harass others years later.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    If I go to replace ID I must produce a Birth certificate first. Don't you think it crazy that he got that far without producing one? He could of cleared it up from day one, I can reach in a file 3 feet away and produce mine, right now.

It is by no means "racist" to expect the POTUS to produce a BC (guess those stuffy DMV clerks are "racist") A reasonable and lawful demand.

Perhaps it was just his arrogance that caused the long delay, at any rate he has only himself to blame for the speculation.
    There never was any question as to the identity or nationality of his mother and his grandmother. Nothing more really matters because his mother is an American citizen. Everyone was worried about where he was born when it never even mattered. He could have been born on the moon and still been an American citizen. I'm fairly sure that the delay was caused by his annoyance that his citizenship was being challenged for very questionable reasons.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (01-10-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are labeled racist by their actions and comments, not because of the type of shoes they wear or the type of toothpaste they use.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

Crepitus (01-10-2018)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I was a kid most of that time and didn't see much of the racism you decried.

Racism to you has never been in the intention, as you just told resister, it's always been in the perception. If you feel it's so it must be so.

The person could swear up and down he wasn't but you, and others, would insist it was racist. Some even continue to harass others years later.
    Not to be rude, but you are sometimes rather insensitive i.e. if it doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother others. Certainly, a number of times you actually admitted you didn't notice that a post was racist when everyone else did, so I don't think that you are the best arbiter of issues that don't really find a home in your frame of reference.

Mahatma Gandhi

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Safety (01-10-2018),silvereyes (01-10-2018)

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,850x in 4,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    The kid from Nebraska comes up yet again...lol
    Why not? He is a perfect example of what is being said. Its not my fault you refuse to admit it.

Take note everyone: D didnt say $#@! when Cigar was mentioned in regard to safety. Hypocrite or cherry picker?
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    You're a basket case, lee. I used to feel a little sympathy for you but you're just a dick.
    No, he isnt. Knock that $#@! off.

What makes yours, or anyone else's opinion more important than his? Who are you to discredit his feelings?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    People are labeled racist by their actions and comments, not because of the type of shoes they wear or the type of toothpaste they use.
    Do you remember when certain people laughed about the watermelon toothpaste and the photoshopped pictures of the White House lawn with watermelons growing on it?

I do.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvereyes For This Useful Post:

Safety (01-10-2018)

+ Reply to Thread