Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mini Turbine 'Wind Trees' Could Generate Power for Homes, Electric Cars

I am going to post this simply because it's really cool. Before the hate clean energy people have a full blown conniption fit. I am not posting this becasue I think it is the anser to the future and the solver of all our problems, LoL. I am just posting it because it's cool.

See more at the link https://science.howstuffworks.com/en...nt-turbine.htm

Excerpt:

French for "wind tree" — looks something like a tree, albeit one that stands just 9 feet (2.7 meters) tall and sports Salvador Dalí-esque drooping leaves. But those leaves are actually tiny micro turbines, in which a rotor magnet assembly moves a blade across a power circuit. Each tree comprises 72 turbines designed to capture energy from even minimal wind. The devices accumulates and stores electricity, so that watts eventually turn into kilowatts.

Each Wind Tree has the potential to generate about 3.1 kilowatts of electricity. That's a tiny amount compared to industrial-scale wind farms, but you wouldn't want to have one of those behemoths in your backyard anyway. A small version of the Wind Tree, in contrast, could fit nicely between the barbecue grill and the kids' swing set. One could even imagine a scaled-down version taking the place of weather vanes atop houses.

"Urban wind is not very strong, but it is very turbulent," New Wind engineer Julia Revuz told CNN last year. "These turbines need less wind to get started and produce around 3 kilowatts of energy, which could heat a small home, fuel lights or charge an electric car."

Don't get your credit card ready just yet, though — though New Wind hopes to have its product ready for export in 2017, the company's website doesn't indicate how much the Wind Tree costs, or when exactly it might become available in the United States.

We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Lummy (10-08-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (10-08-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I am going to post this simply because it's really cool. Before the hate clean energy people have a full blown conniption fit. I am not posting this becasue I think it is the anser to the future and the solver of all our problems, LoL. I am just posting it because it's cool.

See more at the link https://science.howstuffworks.com/en...nt-turbine.htm

Excerpt:

French for "wind tree" — looks something like a tree, albeit one that stands just 9 feet (2.7 meters) tall and sports Salvador Dalí-esque drooping leaves. But those leaves are actually tiny micro turbines, in which a rotor magnet assembly moves a blade across a power circuit. Each tree comprises 72 turbines designed to capture energy from even minimal wind. The devices accumulates and stores electricity, so that watts eventually turn into kilowatts.

Each Wind Tree has the potential to generate about 3.1 kilowatts of electricity. That's a tiny amount compared to industrial-scale wind farms, but you wouldn't want to have one of those behemoths in your backyard anyway. A small version of the Wind Tree, in contrast, could fit nicely between the barbecue grill and the kids' swing set. One could even imagine a scaled-down version taking the place of weather vanes atop houses.

"Urban wind is not very strong, but it is very turbulent," New Wind engineer Julia Revuz told CNN last year. "These turbines need less wind to get started and produce around 3 kilowatts of energy, which could heat a small home, fuel lights or charge an electric car."

Don't get your credit card ready just yet, though — though New Wind hopes to have its product ready for export in 2017, the company's website doesn't indicate how much the Wind Tree costs, or when exactly it might become available in the United States.

It's an interesting idea -- at least it doesn't slaughter bats and endangered raptors and turn the skyline into a wasteland.

I can see it supplementing energy to homeowners on a limited basis, but the logical answer at this time to producing clean energy on a worldwide basis is still clean nuclear.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real energy in any system is the batteries.
    You gotta have good batteries to use that energy.
    No matter what system you use they are all designed to charge batteries.

Then the batteries do all the work.

...but, YES, @JAP, this is a cool way to charge them.

I prefer solar myself.

Anything spinning needs bearings, and bearings wear out.

There is no movement at all with a solar system....just wonderful sunshine.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

+ Reply to Thread