User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afghani Massacre Suspect's Identity Released.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yep.....thats what they are saying. Althought IMO I don't think he was specifically targeting women and children. If he was in building he was probably firing at anything that moved. He has two kids of his own, and a wife.

Think about it.....if he was alone then he would be charged-up as there would be no one covering his back.
    I have no idea. I'm not sure if I'll read about the case or not. About the only thing I know for sure is that this is a tragedy and I don't agree with our people still being over there.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we can all agree we do not want our people in that that $#@!-hole anymore. That Obama is attemping to change his own change-up. As he always thought it was the place to begin the war on terror. Yet he never had to answer the questions as to why he thought such. That he was against our involvement in Iraq.

It is a terrible trajedy. Which this soldier will be made an example of. He took an Oath and he is US property. Like I said I don't like it. While I am sure there are some righteous Afghans. For the most part I have no sympathy for a people who constantly stab us in the back while smiling and playing friend to our face. How many incidents do we need to validate that nothing they say can brings trust now or in the future.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was for it when we were routing AQ. Now we are just nation building. No need for that, especially since they don't want us there. So many lives lost and so much money we've poured into there. Let them decide what they want and we can use those lives and $$$ here at home where they will be put to good use.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can agree with what you are saying. We also know there are those with the answers. Will they be listened to. Never!
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Afghan Villagers Pleaded to Bales: 'We Are Children'...

Afghan girl, 7, says she hid behind father during massacre, as gunman shot, killed him
    Nov 11, 2012 - Soldier's hearing in massacre under way in Washington state
    Little Robina took her seat wearing a deep-red head covering and a nervous smile, ready to tell her story. She giggled as any 7-year-old in the spotlight might. But when the questions began, what she recalled seemed impossibly dark: how she hid behind her father when the gunman came to their village that night, how the stranger fired, and how her father died, cursing in pain and anger. "I was standing behind my father," she testified by video feed from Afghanistan Saturday night during a hearing for the soldier accused of killing 16 civilians, including nine children, in Kandahar Province. "He shot my father." One of the bullets struck her in the leg, but she didn't realize it right away.

Her testimony came on the second overnight session of the preliminary hearing for Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, who prosecutors say slipped away from his base to attack two villages. The slayings drew such angry protests that the U.S. temporarily halted combat operations in Afghanistan, and it was three weeks before American investigators could reach the crime scenes. The stories recounted by the villagers have been harrowing. They described torched bodies, a son finding his wounded father, and boys cowering behind a curtain while others screamed "We are children! We are children!" Bales sat quietly throughout, betraying no reaction to what he heard.

Robina's friend, Zardana, now 8, also testified, but only briefly to describe what the shooter was wearing. Zardana suffered a gunshot wound to the top of her head, and when she arrived at a nearby military base, the doctors focused on treating the other injured victims first. They figured Zardana had no chance of surviving. After two months at a military hospital in Afghanistan and three more at a Navy hospital in San Diego, she can walk and talk again. Before she testified, Zardana sat at the witness table sipping from a pink juice box through a pink straw. A loose head covering and a barrette held her dark brown hair out of her face.

The hearing at Joint Base Lewis-McChord is meant to help determine whether Bales, 39, will face a court-martial in the deaths. He could face the death penalty if he is convicted. The Ohio native and father of two from Lake Tapps, Washington, has not entered a plea and was not expected to testify. His attorneys have not discussed the evidence, but say he has post-traumatic stress disorder and suffered a concussive head injury while serving in Iraq. The Afghan witnesses recounted the villagers who lived in the attacked compounds and listed the names of those killed, to provide a record of the lives lost. The bodies were buried quickly under Islamic custom, and no forensic evidence was available to prove the number of victims.

MORE

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    shaarona's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 444x in 384 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Military sources late Friday identified Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales as the name of the 38-year-old suspect accused of killing 16 Afghan civilians in a Sunday rampage. Bales has not yet been charged in the case. He was flown to the U.S. military maximum security prison at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas from Kuwait Friday.
    Browne earlier told reporters at a news conference Thursday that the decorated soldier wasn't happy that he had been deployed a fourth time despite sustaining two injuries, including a traumatic head injury and the partial loss of his foot in Iraq. Browne dismissed rumors that the soldier had marital troubles, and said he had two young children.

The New York Times quoted a "senior" American official saying the soldier had been drinking before the alleged shooting."When it all comes out, it will be a combination of stress, alcohol and domestic issues — he just snapped," the anonymous official told the paper.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...224453357.html

Decorated Soldier to top it off.....what he did was not right. The question comes to play. Should he be punished to the max for killing lieing, backstabbing, pieces of $#@! that should be removed from the planet permanently anyways?
    Unarmed villagers.. They were not combattants.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,517x in 94,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US should not get involved in nation building. If we fight a war, fight total war. Or stay home.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (11-11-2012),roadmaster (11-11-2012)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The US should not get involved in nation building. If we fight a war, fight total war. Or stay home.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread