Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,380x in 1,894 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Oh for gods sakes you cant bull$#@! me, the homeless problem has GROWN not diminished its worse now than in the 70s. Its disgusting that you have sanctuary cities for illegal aliens and the city is loaded with American homeless.
    Oh please, you're not even talking about the same thing. Immigrants who want to come here and work their butts off vs homeless kids who have no resources, or the mentally ill, who also can't fend for themselves? Not the same thing. All of whom we try to help, while you just sit back and complain.

You throw all of that at us in the cities and then blame us when we cannot handle it all. All while you sit behind your keyboard and $#@!.
    I try to do my part to help, and never one time have I ignored your homeless threads if I were here to see them.

The facts is this- you could not give one rat's ass about the homeless. That is clear from this thread in spades. It's disgusting. You only posted this to $#@! on liberals. And when I countered you with links, you ignored them.

You really want to know why we have more homeless now? Look no further than Ronald Reagan.

http://www.povertyinsights.org/2013/...-homelessness/

We no longer help the mentally ill. We just toss them in the street or in jail.

When I was a kid in the 70s, you never saw homeless people. You never saw crazy people wandering around. Now, they're common, and we blame them for being homeless. I really don't expect you to understand this. We've gotten so used to it.

If you really care about homelessness, fine. Let's talk about it and the reasons for it. But don't you EVER accuse me as a liberal of not wanting to address it. I do, all the time. I put my money and my mouth in the same place, because I was once homeless too.

Don't get me started common. You don't give one rat's ass about the homeless. So far, you just use it to crap on liberals. Well, you f***ed with the wrong liberal.

Please feel free to @ me the next time you start a homeless thread. I'll respond. Have no illusions about that.
    Last edited by leekohler2; 01-13-2018 at 01:34 AM.
    I'm prancing like a pony.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    Oh please, you're not even talking about the same thing. Immigrants who want to come here and work their butts off vs homeless kids who have no resources, or the mentally ill, who also can't fend for themselves? Not the same thing. All of whom we try to help, while you just sit back and complain.

You throw all of that at us in the cities and then blame us when we cannot handle it all. All while you sit behind your keyboard and $#@!.
    I try to do my part to help, and never one time have I ignored your homeless threads if I were here to see them.

The facts is this- you could not give one rat's ass about the homeless. That is clear from this thread in spades. It's disgusting. You only posted this to $#@! on liberals. And when I countered you with links, you ignored them.

You really want to know why we have more homeless now? Look no further than Ronald Reagan.

When I was a kid in the 70s, you never saw homeless people. You never saw crazy people wandering around. Now, they're common, and we blame them for being homeless. I really don't expect you to understand this. We've gotten so used to it.
    I took a big ass hit off my E-cig reading this, Reagen was POTUS when I $#@!ting diapers, it is his fault? WTF!
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    leekohler2's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    I took a big ass hit off my E-cig reading this, Reagen was POTUS when I $#@!ting diapers, it is his fault? WTF!
    Yes, it is. If you really give a $#@! about this issue, I can tell you some really scary stories about when Reagan defunded mental hospitals back in the 80s. I was in my 20s.

Read the link first.

But like I said, everyone has gotten so used to the "crazy homeless guy" I don't expect it to hit a nerve with anyone.

But hey, taxes are lower now, so its OK. Go read the link junior.

There was a time when we did indeed help these folks. But nah, tax breaks were more important.

Now its just easier to say that homeless people deserve to be homeless.

There is a reason I fight a lot of these old policies, resister. Because they don't work. I lived through them. And I'm now too damn old to have any patience for debate over them anymore. That's why I get pissed off a lot. As your time gets shorter, things begin to focus. What works? What doesn't?

The things we did in the last four decades have been a disaster. We went from being a country that cares about its people and welcomes new neighbors, to becoming one that is dog eat dog and every man for himself.

That is not the USA I grew up in. That is not the USA I will ever accept and that is not the USA that makes us great.

We're a nation of misfits, geeks. And the more misfits we take in, the better we get. We are the round peg that fits the square hole. We are the innovators. We are the country that says, bring us some crazy ideas no matter where you come from. We are the place for all of that. We have always been that country.

But now we have a president who wants to shut all that down. I can't live with that, I won't. Anyone who comes to this country with their talents should be free to do so.

If we close our doors, we will lose that strength of innovation. I'm not talking illegals. Trump just told several LEGAL Salvadorians to leave.

Guys, come on, that is not OK. That's not who we are.
    Last edited by leekohler2; 01-13-2018 at 02:07 AM.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is. If you really give a $#@! about this issue, I can tell you some really scary stories about when Reagan defunded mental hospitals back in the 80s. I was in my 20s.

Read the link first.

But like I said, everyone has gotten so used to the "crazy homeless guy" I don't expect it to hit a nerve with anyone.

There was a time when we did indeed help these folks. But nah, tax breaks were more important.

I remember the time when the only homeless people that you saw were basically alcoholics, not the mentally ill. Now the mentally ill are the primary persistent homeless. It's sad and unfortunately, they scare people who are unfamiliar with - in particular, schizophrenia. They are the least likely to seek the kind of assistance that would give them a safe place to live. I have seen schizophrenic homeless people age 40 years in 20 and then just disappear. I hope that they have received help, but often they just die of exposure or disease. There is no reason that mental illness should be treated any differently than physical illness other than our cultural aversion to it - like it's chosen. It's too much trouble and takes too many resources. They don't just lay in their own beds at home and suffer in silence. No, they walk around and talk to themselves or scream at unseen people and no one wants to deal with that.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the link first.

There is a reason I fight a lot of these old policies, resister. Because they don't work.
    I took a few tokes off a real cigarette reading this.

Your fault Lee! Filterless too! popped a top too! All your fault, Lee!!!!
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really care about homelessness, fine. Let's talk about it and the reasons for it. But don't you EVER accuse me as a liberal of not wanting to address it. I do, all the time. I put my money and my mouth in the same place, because I was once homeless too.

Don't get me started common. You don't give one rat's ass about the homeless. So far, you just use it to crap on liberals. Well, you f***ed with the wrong liberal.

Please feel free to @ me the next time you start a homeless thread. I'll respond. Have no illusions about that.
    Your entire post is bull$#@!
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I remember the time when the only homeless people that you saw were basically alcoholics, not the mentally ill. Now the mentally ill are the primary persistent homeless. It's sad and unfortunately, they scare people who are unfamiliar with - in particular, schizophrenia. They are the least likely to seek the kind of assistance that would give them a safe place to live. I have seen schizophrenic homeless people age 40 years in 20 and then just disappear. I hope that they have received help, but often they just die of exposure or disease. There is no reason that mental illness should be treated any differently than physical illness other than our cultural aversion to it - like it's chosen. It's too much trouble and takes too many resources. They don't just lay in their own beds at home and suffer in silence. No, they walk around and talk to themselves or scream at unseen people and no one wants to deal with that.
    Dr Who that is false, entire families are homeless now, single mothers, the line that they are all mentally ill is drivel.

Nothing can change that democrats running cities across the country have done NOTHING to end homelessness, yet they get on their bully pulpit and talk about racists and the poor poor illegal immigrants that need protection.

Its all a big farce, try taking a walk around NYC and take a look what the homeless go through. There are the alphas and the prey homeless women live in HELL ive seen it and no one does nothing.

Sanctuary city crap infuriates me
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dr Who that is false, entire families are homeless now, single mothers, the line that they are all mentally ill is drivel.

Nothing can change that democrats running cities across the country have done NOTHING to end homelessness, yet they get on their bully pulpit and talk about racists and the poor poor illegal immigrants that need protection.

Its all a big farce, try taking a walk around NYC and take a look what the homeless go through. There are the alphas and the prey homeless women live in HELL ive seen it and no one does nothing.

No, my post was the root causes of homelessness. You clearly have no desire to solve the problem. You don't give one rat's ass about the homeless or helping them get out of their situation. All you want to do is blame liberals. That is very clear at this point.

Remember, next time you start a homeless thread, @ me. I'll be there to give you some info. But don't you EVER claim liberals do not care about homelessness. I will hand you your ass.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your entire post is bull$#@!
    Oh, OK, post me your links to things you've done for the homeless. Quit ignoring the links I posted for you that I'm involved with.

BTW, I was in my 20s when Reagan did what he did. Don't even try that $#@! with me. I saw it and lived through it.

Next homeless thread you post @ me. I clearly have not ignored you in this one. Don't EVER say liberals don't care about the homeless. I will seriously f*** you up.

I've just about had it with you.
    Last edited by leekohler2; 01-13-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homeless families tend to be temporary. If there are children involved, they get priority attention - it's just that there are always newly homeless families showing up on the streets. The people who are on the streets, day after day, year after year, are not families, they are either the mentally ill or substance abusers. I see them for years on end and then suddenly they disappear. Did they get help or did they die because living rough aged them to the point where they could no longer resist disease or did they freeze to death one night or OD or did someone just kill them? The deaths of the homeless are not really reported in the news.

My husband's mother was schizophrenic and we tried to take care of her for a long time, but she would rarely lay down and sleep. She was up all night and she would leave the house, leaving the front door wide open. Various members of the family took her in, but eventually, we had to find a place for her to live on her own because she put everyone's families at risk. She eventually mellowed with age and stopped wandering but her disease didn't allow her to eat normally and she eventually succumbed to a twisted bowel and died. I recognize them on the streets and they comprise most of the homeless.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

leekohler2 (01-13-2018)

+ Reply to Thread