Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Why do veterans support Trump?
    I'm sure there are a lot of different reasons.

Some probably like his tough talk in regards to ISIS.

Some probably like his willingness to deescalate tensions with Russia.

And some probably just want to stick it to the establishment.

What I cannot figure out is why any self-respecting veteran would support Clinton.

After all, she's been Al Qaeda's best friend for many years. Without her, they never could have set up shop in Iraq, Libya, or Syria.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-02-2019),Truth Detector (09-30-2016)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    kcvet's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 234x in 183 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the autumn of 1969, Clinton entered the draft but received a high number (311) and was never called to serve -- however, Clinton made every effort to avoid the draft prior to entering it.
    First, Bill Clinton received education deferments while at Georgetown and Oxford (where he helped organize demonstrations against the war). Second, Clinton attempted to avoid the draft for four years by enrolling, but never joining, the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC). Clinton had enrolled in the ROTC hoping to avoid military service for four years, but, wanting a future in politics, had a change of heart and entered the draft.
    In December 1969, safe from the draft with his high lottery number, Clinton changed his mind about joining the ROTC program and wrote a letter to the director of the ROTC program thanking him "for saving me from the draft" and regretted misleading him by not revealing the extent of his opposition to the war. The letter was leaked by the Pentagon to ABC news early in the 1992 fueled criticism of candidate Clinton's character.
    Later in the 1992 campaign, it became known that Clinton's uncle had attempted to get Bill Clinton a Navy Reserve assignment during the Vietnam war. Clinton said he didn't know anything about it to the press on September 3, 1992 but a day later admitted that a former draft board member had informed him of his uncles' attempt several months before.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kcvet For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-02-2019),resister (10-28-2016),Truth Detector (09-30-2016)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfit to serve, maybe it was good thing Donald was a draft dodger, he probably would have been discharged anyway. The man is so incompetent that today even traditional news outlets and conservative republicans realize he is unfit. If this continues you'll find the poor man alone with his Twitter account. A modern narcissistic scrooge praising himself in the reflection of a smartphone.

"In breaking with tradition this year, we asked ourselves what Al Neuharth, who founded USA TODAY in 1982, would have done. Like Donald Trump, Neuharth had a big ego. (Trump’s best-known book is “The Art of the Deal”; Neuharth’s was “Confessions of an S.O.B.”) But Neuharth, who died in 2013, was a champion of diversity, a defender of First Amendment freedoms and an optimist about America’s future. In a 2012 column, he described Trump as “a clown who loves doing or saying things” to get attention, “no matter how ridiculous.”

Sounds like Al was on to something."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...ates/91294382/

"USA Today thinks Trump is so ‘unfit for the presidency’ that it just wrote a historic anti-endorsement"

'In its 34 years of existence, USA Today has had a no-endorsement policy. In a historic first that breaks 34 years of tradition, the board decided this election season to revisit its no-endorsement policy — then threw it out and penned a scathing critique of the GOP nominee that read more like an anti-endorsement.

Trump, they wrote, is “unfit for the presidency.”'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...i-endorsement/

Republican for 126 years now supporting Hillary
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/opini...ment/91198668/

Republicans endorsing Hillary
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37499678

Other conservative newspapers supporting HRC
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...llary-clinton/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Truth Detector's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,161x in 1,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do veterans support Trump? Do they really think he will change the republican party's policies?
    That's an easy one; because they know Liberals hate the military and will gut it until Putin's Russia has no peer on the planet.

Trump like so many republicans was a draft dodger.
    That is nothing more than a completely false mountain of bovine bile. I guess you Liberals suddenly hate draft dodgers after you used to LOVE them right? What did BillyBob do during the Vietnam War.

Nothing can be more ironic than Liberals opining about draft dodging when they led that protest and hated the war THEIR Democratic politicians started. That's almost as stupid and moronic as claiming Bush was a draft dodger.

Lots of men were, I've only met one in my life who was honest and admitted getting a exemption.
    A small minority were and most were dirty long haired hippy types too F'd up on drugs to have a coherent thought or patriotic bone in their bodies.

[QUOTE=midcan5;1646595]And while the lower classes served, the upper classes hide.

Another bullschit leftist canard; most were volunteers and professional soldiers that actually believed that what they were doing was right. Next you'll be erupting with that equally stupid brain dead claim that a high percentage of casualties were minorities. But that is a leftist lie as well; a lot of the casualties, as evidenced by recent conflicts, were the sergeants, lieutenants and leaders who led the way.

And face it folks, bringing back the draft would create more crying than a Dear John.
    The draft is a painfully stupid idea that does NOTHING to provide us with a highly skilled fighting force.....and should only be used in time of great global conflict or homeland defence.

When Trump beats his chest like some superman, I have to laugh,
    Trump doesn't beat his chest; but watching leftist dimwits beat theirs pretending to give a schit about the military is truly comedic; and I have to laugh.

when he had the chance to serve he too hide.
    Did you serve? When and where? I think a better question would be how and why so many brain dead leftists support a sociopathic lying, corrupt, inept, incompetent, non-transparent political class dimwit like Hillary?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-30-2016)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Maybe they need to go back to Wars
    Ironically, most have occurred under Democratic administrations. But you're not educated enough to comprehend the OBVIOUS are you Ceeeegar?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nic34 View Post
    Military folk have always been republicans. They're as brainwashed as republicans that don't believe they used to be the party of big government ....

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever had a bone spur in your heel? I do; it is damned painful. Ever try to march with an 80 pound pack on your back with FLAT feet? I have; it is very painful.

Yes, you get a medical deferment when you cannot competently perform the job duties. Only morons on the left think the military should be an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfit to serve, maybe it was good thing Donald was a draft dodger, he probably would have been discharged anyway. The man is so incompetent that today even traditional news outlets and conservative republicans realize he is unfit. If this continues you'll find the poor man alone with his Twitter account. A modern narcissistic scrooge praising himself in the reflection of a smartphone.
    Another reason to vote for Trump; just to watch brain dead leftist twits have conniptions for four years.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this from a draft dodger.

"Donald Trump told a group of military veterans on Monday that some members of the military develop mental health issues because they are not "strong" and "can't handle it."

"When you talk about the mental health problems, when people come back from war and combat, they see things that maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over. And you're strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can't handle it," the Republican presidential nominee told an audience of military veterans at an event in Northern Virginia on Monday morning. "And they see horror stories, they see events that you couldn’t see in a movie — nobody would believe it.""

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ant-handle-it/

+ Reply to Thread