Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,287x in 1,046 Posts
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact check: Dishonest Trump video twists Democrats' quotes

Nice try....but you've been caught again.....

Fact check: Dishonest Trump video twists Democrats' quotes to make it sound like they endorsed riots

Washington (CNN)An egregiously deceptive campaign video posted on Facebook and Twitter by President Donald Trump on Saturday takes quotes from prominent Democrats out of context to wrongly make it seem as if they had encouraged or defended violence. The video, which had more than 53,000 retweets as of Monday afternoon, juxtaposes clips of people rioting and looting with unrelated quotes from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez -- effectively changing the meaning of each Democrat's remark.

After showing a clip of a burning vehicle that had been vandalized with the anti-police insult "pig," the video shows Pelosi saying, "I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be." Facts First: Pelosi uttered these words two years ago on the subject of Trump's policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the border. Pelosi noted in June 2018 that the National Association of Evangelicals had testified to Congress that the US refugee resettlement system was the "crown jewel of American humanitarianism."

She said of the Trump administration: "And in order to do away with that crown jewel, they're doing away with children being with their moms. I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be, when people realize that this is a policy that they defend." The video shows clips of people setting an American flag on fire and toppling a statue, then a clip of Ocasio-Cortez saying, "That is what the word 'radical' really means. ... I've never been offended. And I embrace that term."

Facts First: Ocasio-Cortez was not talking about violence, flag-burning or statue-toppling when she made these comments on June 5. Rather, she was arguing, in an online video conversation about policing, that "systemic" problems with the police need to be addressed with "systemic" solutions rather than piecemeal reforms like slightly reducing budgets or banning particular tactics like chokeholds.
    "That is what the word radical really means, by the way -- it means 'the root,' getting to the root of problems," she -- and he was speaking about how politicians could use the response to the coronavirus pandemic to try to create a fairer society.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/polit...ats/index.html

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leanne does liberal media or politicians or any liberals at all twist what trump says.? or do you believe they are all honest and true. You do realize that your one sidedness can easily be dismantled with facts..

Truth be told leanne nothing on this planet lies like liberals
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (06-30-2020),Peter1469 (06-30-2020),zelmo1234 (06-29-2020)

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Leanne778's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Leanne does liberal media or politicians or any liberals at all twist what trump says.? or do you believe they are all honest and true. You do realize that your one sidedness can easily be dismantled with facts..

Common, and truth be told that conservatives lie like hell. Please don't tell me you think they don't lie. Trump and his campaign will do and say anything to make liberals look like asses just so he can get votes and you know that.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,959x in 55,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As predictable as always.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (06-30-2020),carolina73 (06-29-2020)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne778 View Post
    Common, and truth be told that conservatives lie like hell. Please don't tell me you think they don't lie. Trump and his campaign will do and say anything to make liberals look like asses just so he can get votes and you know that.
    Leanne I could post 4 dozen threads about proven fake news with retractions about trump and untold numbers of outright lies and misrepresentations by democrat politicians...but what for...you wouldnt care and you would still try to blame trump...So just keep blaming I dont think he minds one more.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-30-2020)

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,058x in 14,360 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and besides this Trump has been taking lollypops from small children too!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (06-30-2020)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    goodpen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,129x in 1,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, where and when has any Dem condemned things like the baby that was killed and his mother wounded, while sitting in their car? What Dem, from Pelosi down to all these Mayor's in Dem controlled cities condemned the rioting etc? they might say something like...we do not condone the violence....but, we support the protesters. Well Lady the rioters, killers, destroyers are the protesters.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to goodpen For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (06-30-2020)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,011x in 6,832 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning Joke, MSNBC...Donald Trump told the US Military to shoot little girls throwing pebbles over the fence at them.

Snowflake makes it sound like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne778 View Post
    Nice try....but you've been caught again.....

Fact check: Dishonest Trump video twists Democrats' quotes to make it sound like they endorsed riots

Washington (CNN)An egregiously deceptive campaign video posted on Facebook and Twitter by President Donald Trump on Saturday takes quotes from prominent Democrats out of context to wrongly make it seem as if they had encouraged or defended violence. The video, which had more than 53,000 retweets as of Monday afternoon, juxtaposes clips of people rioting and looting with unrelated quotes from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez -- effectively changing the meaning of each Democrat's remark.

After showing a clip of a burning vehicle that had been vandalized with the anti-police insult "pig," the video shows Pelosi saying, "I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be." Facts First: Pelosi uttered these words two years ago on the subject of Trump's policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the border. Pelosi noted in June 2018 that the National Association of Evangelicals had testified to Congress that the US refugee resettlement system was the "crown jewel of American humanitarianism."

She said of the Trump administration: "And in order to do away with that crown jewel, they're doing away with children being with their moms. I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be, when people realize that this is a policy that they defend." The video shows clips of people setting an American flag on fire and toppling a statue, then a clip of Ocasio-Cortez saying, "That is what the word 'radical' really means. ... I've never been offended. And I embrace that term."

Facts First: Ocasio-Cortez was not talking about violence, flag-burning or statue-toppling when she made these comments on June 5. Rather, she was arguing, in an online video conversation about policing, that "systemic" problems with the police need to be addressed with "systemic" solutions rather than piecemeal reforms like slightly reducing budgets or banning particular tactics like chokeholds.
    "That is what the word radical really means, by the way -- it means 'the root,' getting to the root of problems," she -- and he was speaking about how politicians could use the response to the coronavirus pandemic to try to create a fairer society.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/polit...ats/index.html
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

14. The Following User Says Thank You to testsubjectalpha For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-30-2020)

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Leanne778's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by testsubjectalpha View Post
    Morning Joke, MSNBC...Donald Trump told the US Military to shoot little girls throwing pebbles over the fence at them.

Snowflake makes it sound like what?

You know it really is a shame you and your ilk are in plain denial of what kind of POS President we really have. Honestly. Most times times I roll my eyes, I sarcastically laugh, but there are times I'm like WTF? I don't know if it's just to stand beside your peers no matter what this president says or does or if you truly believe in him and his policies. Or your a republican until death type of attitude, I have no idea but I don't know what you and your trump groupies are gonna do when he loses in November. I really don't.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

You're pandering to the crowd again! Spouting false clicehes, as usual!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Leanne778 (06-29-2020)

+ Reply to Thread