User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is atheism so poorly represented in American politics?

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awryly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 146x in 132 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    I can't understand why the more militant (vocal) atheists are so angry that others believe in God.

And they want to blame religion for the ills of man, when it is almost always man who is responsible for life's pain.
    I don't understand it either. As long as believers in gods do not harm, atheists have no need to take them seriously.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goldie Locks's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,100x in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awryly View Post
    I don't understand it either. As long as believers in gods do not harm, atheists have no need to take them seriously.
    What about Islam???

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Trinnity's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,832x in 1,323 Posts
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have issues with Islam, yet Sultan says we have been misled. It's confusing.

Is it Islam or is it man? Some of the passages in Islam that I've read encouraged violence. It's hard to believe Islam is peaceful.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,200
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Goldie Locks's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,100x in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it Islam or is it man? Some of the passages in Islam that I've read encouraged violence. It's hard to believe Islam is peaceful.

It ain't.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie Locks View Post
    What about Islam???
    What about it? Inspired by another lunatic who thought he saw God in the 7th century, it is about to have religious wars amongst its various factions that will make the 16th century Wars of Religion in Europe look like picnics.

In fact, they have already started.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit unfortunate that you now have a prezzy candidate who gets his beliefs from some guy who looked into a stovepipe hat to see the word of God that he promptly lost under questioning.

But what the hell. As long as does no harm to anyone but Americans who might be daft enough to elect him.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well have you ever noticed every time we are in a war the non-religious call it a religious war? They even claim Hitler was a Christian in which we know he was a Darwin nut and rejected Christianity when he got older. Now 911 is Christians against Muslims. I will bet the Muslims think so to by the liberal media. Heck non-religions don’t go to war which is a lie. I think they cause so much confusion it’s brother against brother. Yes, Islam has some messages in the Quran that teaches either commit to Allah or kill them but they don’t read the whole thing. Some of their teachers because a lot of Muslims can’t read it tell them it is their duty to kill us. We all know it’s going to happen according to the Bible but it’s upsetting to watch.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Nunya's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 49x in 32 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about it? Inspired by another lunatic who thought he saw God in the 7th century, it is about to have religious wars amongst its various factions that will make the 16th century Wars of Religion in Europe look like picnics.

In fact, they have already started.
    You seem to favor words like "insane", "lunatics", "needy", etc. to discredit people that believe in God and, as usual, your jump in with both feet into a topic I believe you know little about. Belief in a higher being might be alien to you, because you seem to be closed-minded on the subject. I'm not saying that anything is wrong with a skeptical opinion towards God, after all, we are who we were brought up to be. If you were brought up in an environment that wasn't very religious or may have even shunned religion, it would be natural to follow suit, as the reason and thought of "believing" would be alien to you.

However, to marginalize others for believing in something that you feel the need to ridicule by using terms such as "flying saucepans" and "extra-terrestrial cooking utensils" goes beyond normal ignorance on a subject. It goes deep into disdain, which isn't very logical since the task of disproving the existence of God is just as difficult as proving there is a God.

Are you 100% sure that some sort of "higher being" doesn't exist? I would be surprised if you said "yes", as even the most devoted "believer" could not honestly say they are 100% that God does exist. If they did, they have surpassed logical thought and have dived into pure "faith". So, just as a believer may have "faith" that God does exist, one could say that an atheist has "faith" just as strongly that god does not exist......two side of the same coin.....a coin that is devoid of open-mindedness and logic.

If the atheists are right, nothing good or bad will happen. However, if the believers are right........
    Last edited by Nunya; 06-01-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    If a person needs to resort to insults and rudeness, then they have already lost the argument. -- Anonymous

Lie - The intentional telling of an untruth.

Mistake - The unintentional telling of an untruth.

Judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the contents of his character". -- MLK

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    You seem to favor words like "insane", "lunatics", "needy", etc. to discredit people that believe in God and, as usual, your jump in with both feet into a topic I believe you know little about. Belief in a higher being might be alien to you, because you seem to be closed-minded on the subject. I'm not saying that anything is wrong with a skeptical opinion towards God, after all, we are who we were brought up to be. If you were brought up in an environment that wasn't very religious or may have even shunned religion, it would be natural to follow suit, as the reason and thought of "believing" would be alien to you.

However, to marginalize others for believing in something that you feel the need to ridicule by using terms such as "flying saucepans" and "extra-terrestrial cooking utensils" goes beyond normal ignorance on a subject. It goes deep into disdain, which isn't very logical since the task of disproving the existence of God is just as difficult as proving there is a God.

Are you 100% sure that some sort of "higher being" doesn't exist? I would be surprised if you said "yes", as even the most devoted "believer" could not honestly say they are 100% that God does exist. If they did, they have surpassed logical thought and have dived into pure "faith". So, just as a believer may have "faith" that God does exist, one could say that an atheist has "faith" just as strongly that god does not exist......two side of the same coin.....a coin that is devoid of open-mindedness and logic.

If the atheists are right, nothing good or bad will happen. However, if the believers are right........
    You have it in one:

If you were brought up in an environment that wasn't very religious or may have even shunned religion, it would be natural to follow suit, as the reason and thought of "believing" would be alien to you.
    Catholics breed Catholics, Protestants breed Protestants, Muslims breed Muslims, Hindus breed Hindus.

How is that not insane?
    Last edited by Awryly; 06-01-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have it one one:

Catholics breed Catholics, Protestants breed Protestants, Muslims breed Muslims, Hindus breed Hindus.

How is that not insane?
    What do you breed? Gangs on the streets killing each other for a spot to sell drugs.

+ Reply to Thread