Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,031x in 1,735 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    That did not happen.
    Maybe if you close your eyes and keep repeating that to yourself, you will start to actually believe it didn't happen.

It certainly did happen.
    Donald Trump's disclosures of classified information

Russian diplomat Sergey Lavrov. May 2017
    Photo courtesy of Russian news agency because no US news was permitted/told about the meeting during which Trump gave away code-word level access information to the Russians. Why does Trump act this way?

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLiquidGuy For This Useful Post:

Leanne778 (07-05-2020)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    Maybe if you close your eyes and keep repeating that to yourself, you will start to actually believe it didn't happen.

It certainly did happen.

Photo courtesy of Russian news agency because no US news was permitted/told about the meeting during which Trump gave away code-word level access information to the Russians. Why does Trump act this way?
    *But sources denied to the New York Times and the Washington Post that the CIA weighed Trump’s actions when deciding whether to extract the spy from Russia. Instead, they pointed to a January 2017 report from parts of the US intelligence community that said Russia’s attack on the 2016 presidential election was ordered by Putin. Many of the details in the report, including that one, were so specific — and media scrutiny so intense — that US officials feared it would become obvious they had a significant source of intelligence placed inside Russia.*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...-spy-putin-cia

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,989x in 55,611 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It certainly did happen.

He wasn’t removed because he was outed by Trump. Only an imbecile would claim he was.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,059
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    *But sources denied to the New York Times and the Washington Post that the CIA weighed Trump’s actions when deciding whether to extract the spy from Russia. Instead, they pointed to a January 2017 report from parts of the US intelligence community that said Russia’s attack on the 2016 presidential election was ordered by Putin. Many of the details in the report, including that one, were so specific — and media scrutiny so intense — that US officials feared it would become obvious they had a significant source of intelligence placed inside Russia.*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...-spy-putin-cia

First off, hanger, your vox article is good. I recommend everyone read it in its entirety. I’ll list some interesting snippets at the end of this post.

Second, allow me to point out that the NYT article comes off favorably for the President. The NYT gives credit where due.

Isn’t it weird though, that people here are now suddenly trusting the NYT and WAPO reporting? It's funny how that works when you think an article supports your own view. I don't have access to WAPO but I did read the NYT article and the sources referenced do support the idea that the President's irresponsible sharing of intelligence with Russia did not directly cause the loss of the asset. I trust the NYT, so I will defer to their reporting and concede that much.

One caveat is that this President has been caught before asking his officials to lie for him and punishing those who tell the truth about him. It’s not unlikely the officials referenced in the NYT were likewise doing his bidding. It’s easy to see that the NYT article does not exactly extinguish the reporting that Trump’s cavelier intelligence attitude factored into the decision to exfiltrate, when you also consider the fact that the NYT and CNN sources disagreed on that very assertion.

So there is no direct relationship between the events. There may still be a peripheral one. But let’s say there is none whatsoever. Can you not see that this is still terrible? Why in the hell would our President stupidly slip highly classified intelligence to our adversary? During one of the 2016 debates Trump hypocritically warned how Hillary would make this very same f-ck-up. It turns out he was just projecting.

I am sure you can imagine how this killed off the source of the intelligence in the first place, if not literally, then information-wise. It may not be as epic a loss as a Kremlin source, but lives depend on maintaining intelligence sources. Not only that, this sort of misconduct leads to other allies reassessing their intelligence sharing relationship with the US. At least one: “A top European intelligence official said that sharing of intelligence with the United States would cease if the country confirms that Trump did indeed share classified information with Russia, because sharing intel with Americans while Trump is president could put their sources at risk.[41]” --wikipedia

Since we are now seemingly so eager to accept NYT reporting, I think we can all agree that other assertions from that article should get fair hearing:

Russia wanted Trump to win the 2016 election and interfered to that end.
    “The Moscow informant was instrumental to the C.I.A.’s most explosive conclusion about Russia’s interference campaign: that President Vladimir V. Putin ordered and orchestrated it himself. [... The] source was also key to the C.I.A.’s assessment that he affirmatively favored Donald J. Trump’s election and personally ordered the hacking of the Democratic National Committee.”

The President’s cavalier attitude towards intelligence security makes life difficult for the IC.
    “Some former intelligence officials said the president’s closed-door meetings with Mr. Putin and other Russian officials, along with Twitter posts about delicate intelligence matters, have sown concern among overseas sources.

“We have a president who, unlike any other president in modern history, is willing to use sensitive, classified intelligence however he sees fit,” said Steven L. Hall, a former C.I.A. official who led the agency’s Russia operations. “He does it in front of our adversaries. He does it by tweet. We are in uncharted waters.”

Also from the vox article you quoted:

“In a stunning Monday morning report, CNN’s Jim Sciutto detailed how US intelligence officials were so worried that Trump might accidentally expose the covert asset’s identity that they launched a secret mission to extract him from Russia in 2017.”

“It’s still unclear how much Trump’s own Moscow-friendly conduct contributed to the urgency [to extract the asset].”

“Trump’s presidency has been marked by his personal desire to improve relations with Russia. As a result, he’s taken some actions that experts say have weakened US intelligence and strengthened Moscow’s hand.”

“At the time, there was genuine concern that Israel’s covert source might’ve been burned by Trump’s revelation.Two months later, Trump met with Putin at the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany. It’s still unclear what exactly they talked about because Trump took away the interpreter’s notes. "

“In one case Trump openly gave classified information, and in the other case, it’s completely possible he told state secrets behind closed doors to an adversary.”

“And so a mixture of what the US spy revealed and Trump’s behavior may explain why some felt the asset had to be removed. But how much each of those issues weighed on the decision is unknown.”
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 07-06-2020 at 12:30 AM.

--Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It certainly did happen.

2017 liquid lol

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, hanger, your vox article is good. I recommend everyone read it in its entirety. I’ll list some interesting snippets at the end of this post.

Second, allow me to point out that the NYT article comes off favorably for the President. The NYT gives credit where due.

Isn’t it weird though, that people here are now suddenly trusting the NYT and WAPO reporting? It's funny how that works when you think an article supports your own view. I don't have access to WAPO but I did read the NYT article and the sources referenced do support the idea that the President's irresponsible sharing of intelligence with Russia did not directly cause the loss of the asset. I trust the NYT, so I will defer to their reporting and concede that much.

One caveat is that this President has been caught before asking his officials to lie for him and punishing those who tell the truth about him. It’s not unlikely the officials referenced in the NYT were likewise doing his bidding. It’s easy to see that the NYT article does not exactly extinguish the reporting that Trump’s cavelier intelligence attitude factored into the decision to exfiltrate, when you also consider the fact that the NYT and CNN sources disagreed on that very assertion.

So there is no direct relationship between the events. There may still be a peripheral one. But let’s say there is none whatsoever. Can you not see that this is still terrible? Why in the hell would our President stupidly slip highly classified intelligence to our adversary? During one of the 2016 debates Trump hypocritically warned how Hillary would make this very same f-ck-up. It turns out he was just projecting.

I am sure you can imagine how this killed off the source of the intelligence in the first place, if not literally, then information-wise. It may not be as epic a loss as a Kremlin source, but lives depend on maintaining intelligence sources. Not only that, this sort of misconduct leads to other allies reassessing their intelligence sharing relationship with the US. At least one: “A top European intelligence official said that sharing of intelligence with the United States would cease if the country confirms that Trump did indeed share classified information with Russia, because sharing intel with Americans while Trump is president could put their sources at risk.[41]” --wikipedia

Since we are now seemingly so eager to accept NYT reporting, I think we can all agree that other assertions from that article should get fair hearing:

Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help Trump win.
    “The Moscow informant was instrumental to the C.I.A.’s most explosive conclusion about Russia’s interference campaign: that President Vladimir V. Putin ordered and orchestrated it himself. [... The] source was also key to the C.I.A.’s assessment that he affirmatively favored Donald J. Trump’s election and personally ordered the hacking of the Democratic National Committee.”

The President’s cavalier attitude towards intelligence security makes life difficult for the IC.
    “Some former intelligence officials said the president’s closed-door meetings with Mr. Putin and other Russian officials, along with Twitter posts about delicate intelligence matters, have sown concern among overseas sources.

“We have a president who, unlike any other president in modern history, is willing to use sensitive, classified intelligence however he sees fit,” said Steven L. Hall, a former C.I.A. official who led the agency’s Russia operations. “He does it in front of our adversaries. He does it by tweet. We are in uncharted waters.”

Also from the vox article you quoted:

“In a stunning Monday morning report, CNN’s Jim Sciutto detailed how US intelligence officials were so worried that Trump might accidentally expose the covert asset’s identity that they launched a secret mission to extract him from Russia in 2017.”

“It’s still unclear how much Trump’s own Moscow-friendly conduct contributed to the urgency [to extract the asset].”

“Trump’s presidency has been marked by his personal desire to improve relations with Russia. As a result, he’s taken some actions that experts say have weakened US intelligence and strengthened Moscow’s hand.”

“At the time, there was genuine concern that Israel’s covert source might’ve been burned by Trump’s revelation.Two months later, Trump met with Putin at the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany. It’s still unclear what exactly they talked about because Trump took away the interpreter’s notes. "

“In one case Trump openly gave classified information, and in the other case, it’s completely possible he told state secrets behind closed doors to an adversary.”

“And so a mixture of what the US spy revealed and Trump’s behavior may explain why some felt the asset had to be removed. But how much each of those issues weighed on the decision is unknown.”
    Russia likes it when you act like a nerd and say that they interfeared in the election. Why dont you tell us how many votes they changed

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 2,783
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,074x in 14,369 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It certainly did happen.

From Your LINK

The disclosure was first reported in The Washington Post on May 15, 2017. White House staff initially denied the report, but the following day Trump defended the disclosure, stating that he has the "absolute right" to "share" intelligence with Russia.[8]
    It was later reported that Israel was the source of the information.[9] Israel did not confirm or deny the report but released a statement stating full confidence in the intelligence sharing relationships with the United States.[10] Ynetnews, an Israeli news website, had previously reported on January 12 that in a meeting held in early January[11] (during Trump's presidential transition), U.S. intelligence officials advised Israeli Mossad and other intelligence officials to "be careful" when transferring intelligence information to the Trump White House and administration until the possibility of Russian influence over Trump, suggested by Christopher Steele's report (commonly referred as the Trump–Russia dossier), has been fully investigated.

The information in question was not from the operative, and Israel's only question about Trump's relationship with Russia, came from the Steele Dossier, Which we now know was a Fiction Novel paid for by the Clinton's

This is why Liberals have to be defeated and you can never give them any part of any legislation. They don't have any concept of what the Truth is, NOW UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS NOT THEIR FAULT, The have been indoctrinated to believe everything that anyone in authority says. They don't have any clue how to critically take apart information. They are the sheep that will carry the water and do all of the heavy lifting for people like Soro's who pulls the strings.

Because of this you have to understand that there is NO truth in them and you can never take them at face value. I know that I have said this before, and understand that we do not ever ask, but if we do determine that one of our clients is a liberal, there is a lot more paperwork that you have to do, because the lie so much It is like a second language to them

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-06-2020)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,059
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    From Your LINK

The disclosure was first reported in The Washington Post on May 15, 2017. White House staff initially denied the report, but the following day Trump defended the disclosure, stating that he has the "absolute right" to "share" intelligence with Russia.[8]
    It was later reported that Israel was the source of the information.[9] Israel did not confirm or deny the report but released a statement stating full confidence in the intelligence sharing relationships with the United States.[10] Ynetnews, an Israeli news website, had previously reported on January 12 that in a meeting held in early January[11] (during Trump's presidential transition), U.S. intelligence officials advised Israeli Mossad and other intelligence officials to "be careful" when transferring intelligence information to the Trump White House and administration until the possibility of Russian influence over Trump, suggested by Christopher Steele's report (commonly referred as the Trump–Russia dossier), has been fully investigated.

The information in question was not from the operative, and Israel's only question about Trump's relationship with Russia, came from the Steele Dossier, Which we now know was a Fiction Novel paid for by the Clinton's

This is why Liberals have to be defeated and you can never give them any part of any legislation. They don't have any concept of what the Truth is, NOW UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS NOT THEIR FAULT, The have been indoctrinated to believe everything that anyone in authority says. They don't have any clue how to critically take apart information. They are the sheep that will carry the water and do all of the heavy lifting for people like Soro's who pulls the strings.

Because of this you have to understand that there is NO truth in them and you can never take them at face value. I know that I have said this before, and understand that we do not ever ask, but if we do determine that one of our clients is a liberal, there is a lot more paperwork that you have to do, because the lie so much It is like a second language to them

Republicans do not seek truth, unless it feeds their bias. They must be defeated lest this country remain immersed in it's current misery for 4 more years and beyond. They are all hypnotised by Jesus/Trump. They don't really understand facts or logic or science. It's not their fault. It is just their upbringing. They only understand their own self interest and while they claim to be patriotic, they ignore the plight of fellow americans.

Thank you for reading through my sweeping generalizations just now. I did that to make the point that two can play at that game. And if we both play it, everyone loses. Your post was neither informative nor helpful. It was just meant to justify your irrational hatred of the left. If you want to turn this into a divisive, brain-dead food fight, just keep doing that.

I can provide you with hours of stereo-type street interviews with Trump supporters that are either explicitly racist or hilariously dull-witted and ignorant. Do I believe Republicans are dumber or more likely to be sheep than Democrats? No, but uninformed sheep probably make up the majority of both parties, because people have lives, well, pre-pandemic anyway.

If you want to denigrate the left in general, be prepared to explain how the right does not also fit that description or worse. If anything, the available evidence seems to imply that Republican federal and state politicians are more corrupt than democrats. See "link 1" in my sig. But I wouldn't make that assertion with a straight face unless you happen to be making the converse argument, which you are.

I know that I have said this before, and understand that we do not ever ask, but if we do determine that one of our clients is a liberal, there is a lot more paperwork that you have to do, because the lie so much It is like a second language to them
    I have no doubt that you have a galvanized impression of democrats or liberals. I have no idea what business you are in but the fact your company integrates politics into its business practices only proves that the management is indoctrinated, not that the left lies more. And the fact that they do that helps indoctrinate you and your co-workers with that belief. I have been accused of lying more times than I can count on this forum. And every time I ask for the accuser to quote or evidence my "lie" they either change the subject or disappear never to be heard from in that thread again.
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 07-06-2020 at 03:38 PM.

--Donald Trump

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Pammy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 534x in 303 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=TheLiquidGuy;2909789]
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    From Your LINK

Republicans do not seek truth, unless it feeds their bias. They must be defeated lest this country remain immersed in it's current misery for 4 more years and beyond. They are all hypnotised by jesus/Trump. They don't really understand facts or logic or science. It's not their fault. It is just their upbringing. They only understand their own self interest and while they claim to be patriotic, they ignore the plight of fellow americans.

Thank you for reading through my sweeping generalizations just now. I did that to make the point that two can play at that game. And if we both do, we all lose. Your post was neither informative nor helpful. It was just meant to justify your irrational hatred of the left. If you want turn into a brain-dead food fight, just keep doing that.

I can provide you with hours of stereo-type street interviews with Trump supporters that are either explicitly racist or hilariously dull-witted and ignorant. Do I believe Republicans are dumber or more likely to be sheep than Democrats? No, but uninformed sheep probably make up the majority of both parties, because people have lives, well, pre-pandemic anyway.

If you want to denigrate the left in general, be prepared to explain how the right does not also fit that description or worse. If anything. available evidence seems to imply that Republican federal and state politicians are more corrupt see "link 1" in my sig. But I wouldn't make that assertion with a straight face unless you happen to be making the converse argument, which you are.

I have no doubt that you have a galvanized impression of democrats or liberals. I have no idea what business you are in but the fact your company integrates politics into its business practices only proves that the management is indoctrinated, not that the left lies more. And the fact that they do that helps indoctrinate you and your co-workers with that belief. I have been accused of lying more times than I can count on this forum. And every time I ask for the accuser to quote or evidence my "lie" they either change the subject or disappear never to be heard from in that thread again.

I have been meaning to ask you -- now that we know that Schiff-for-Brains and his buds were told about this in February and given how exercised you were about AND THEY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT, SAID NOTHING, DID NOTHING, DIDN'T CALL TRUMP, DIDN'T CALL ANYBODY -- JUST LET THE RUSSKIES CONTINUE TO PAY TO KILL OUR TROOPS (way to go Schiff!!!), should all of these fine Democrats RESIGN?

https://justthenews.com/government/c...ed-us-soldiers

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pammy For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-06-2020),Peter1469 (07-06-2020)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one who gets their news from The Daily Show.
    Republicans do not seek truth, unless it feeds their bias. They must be defeated lest this country remain immersed in it's current misery for 4 more years and beyond. They are all hypnotised by Jesus/Trump. They don't really understand facts or logic or science. It's not their fault. It is just their upbringing. They only understand their own self interest and while they claim to be patriotic, they ignore the plight of fellow americans.

Thank you for reading through my sweeping generalizations just now. I did that to make the point that two can play at that game. And if we both play it, everyone loses. Your post was neither informative nor helpful. It was just meant to justify your irrational hatred of the left. If you want to turn this into a divisive, brain-dead food fight, just keep doing that.

If you want to denigrate the left in general, be prepared to explain how the right does not also fit that description or worse. If anything, the available evidence seems to imply that Republican federal and state politicians are more corrupt than democrats. See "link 1" in my sig. But I wouldn't make that assertion with a straight face unless you happen to be making the converse argument, which you are.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (07-06-2020),MisterVeritis (07-06-2020)

+ Reply to Thread