Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tPFs Offical Trump Always Wins.. Live SCOTUS Thread 9pm Eastern Time

Reminder Hillary Clinton will NOT be making a SCOTUS nomination tonight at 9pm Eastern time.

President Trump on the other hand will be.

Official tPFs thread of Winning! Post here!

Ballons.jpgWinning.jpgborg.jpg

God Bless America and God Bless Donald Trump!
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-09-2018),stjames1_53 (07-09-2018)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have asked Zara to redo her schedule so we will be around to watch instead of in the park hunting rabbits. At least I hope she agrees to the request.

Another reason I don't want to go to the park, which I am keeping from her, is that it is 95 degrees outside and 75 degrees inside.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (07-09-2018),stjames1_53 (07-09-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (07-09-2018),stjames1_53 (07-09-2018)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Basically Mitch McConnell tells the left to stop crying like babies and everything they say is just Blah Blah Blah.. LOL I think he nailed it!

Democratic opposition to President Donald Trump’s future Supreme Court nominee, citing Democrats’ historical panic at conservative SCOTUS nominees.“Back in 1975, they assailed the nomination of John Paul Stephens. They said he lacked impartiality and opposed women’s rights … So these far left groups have been at the same scare tactics for over 40 years,” McConnell said. “This far left rhetoric comes out every single time. The apocalypse never comes.”
    “No matter their qualifications, no matter their record, no matter their reputation, it’s the same hyperbole, the same accusations, the same old story,” McConnell said.
    McConnell also cited the nomination of David Souter, who turned out to be a fairly liberal justice under former President George H. W. Bush
    Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; 07-09-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (07-09-2018)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we did not allow all this power to to be in the hands of SCOTUS we would be better off IMO.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From inside the Conservative beltway.....People have been focusing on what the NY Times and DC leftist Lame Stream are assessing. But knowing Trump, he has no trouble misleading those lames.

Here We Go: Amid High Stakes and Swirling Rumors, Who Will the President Nominate for SCOTUS Tonight?.....

UPDATE (5:20pm ET) - Several signs are pointing to Kavanaugh. Either it's him, or this is an extraordinary bit of misdirection. The breadcrumbs from my source are related to members of Team Kavanaugh abruptly leaving law firms this afternoon. The source says he's been told "from the inside" that Kavanaugh is the pick. The second tweet, however, could be even more telling:

Guy Benson
    @guypbenson

Ok, here’s something:

Source just called w/ two pieces of circumstantial evidence, both strongly pointing to KAVANAUGH. Intriguing data points, but not 100% solid.

Asked another good source by text if he could confirm...”unable.” Other sources have gone dark.
    4:16 PM - Jul 9, 2018

Peter Baker
    @peterbakernyt

Buzz at the US courthouse in DC: Brett Kavanaugh spotted leaving in a black sedan accompanied by four black SUVs with security agents presumed to be Secret Service, per source.
    4:09 PM - Jul 9, 2018

UPDATE (3:30pm ET) - Three sources tell me the president's pick will not be Raymond Kethledge. One of them also says Amy Barrett is likely out, but that's less solid. Taken together, these indications suggest that the Times' reporting about Kavanaugh or Hardiman from this morning was accurate, but we won't know for certain until this evening. But the decision has been made. Here's what I know, followed by an intriguing piece of chatter that suggests that Barrett isn't out after all. And another that it could be Hardiman:

For now, I'll leave you with Allahpundit's guess that Trump will go with Barrett. Developing...

On the second piece of that equation, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has reportedly been working quietly behind the scenes to steer the White House toward the two nominees he views as the most easily confirmable:

Stalwart conservative court-watcher and expert Ed Whelan joined our radio show late last week and reinforced this point. Speaking of the big three, he said, "each is more than acceptable. Each is outstanding. Each should unify Conservative support." Perspective. By now, the president's decision has almost certainly been finalized (or maybe not, see update). We'll continue following all related developments as closely as possible, bringing you updates and analysis along the way. This is one of the most dramatic, high-stakes cliffhangers that exist in modern American politics, so stay tuned.....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...night-n2498331
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (07-09-2018)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    From inside the Conservative beltway.....People have been focusing on what the NY Times and DC leftist Lame Stream are assessing. But knowing Trump, he has no trouble misleading those lames. ''

Here We Go: Amid High Stakes and Swirling Rumors, Who Will the President Nominate for SCOTUS Tonight?.....

UPDATE (5:20pm ET) - Several signs are pointing to Kavanaugh. Either it's him, or this is an extraordinary bit of misdirection. The breadcrumbs from my source are related to members of Team Kavanaugh abruptly leaving law firms this afternoon. The source says he's been told "from the inside" that Kavanaugh is the pick. The second tweet, however, could be even more telling:

Guy Benson
    @guypbenson

Ok, here’s something:

Source just called w/ two pieces of circumstantial evidence, both strongly pointing to KAVANAUGH. Intriguing data points, but not 100% solid.

Asked another good source by text if he could confirm...”unable.” Other sources have gone dark.
    4:16 PM - Jul 9, 2018

Peter Baker
    @peterbakernyt

Buzz at the US courthouse in DC: Brett Kavanaugh spotted leaving in a black sedan accompanied by four black SUVs with security agents presumed to be Secret Service, per source.
    4:09 PM - Jul 9, 2018

UPDATE (3:30pm ET) - Three sources tell me the president's pick will not be Raymond Kethledge. One of them also says Amy Barrett is likely out, but that's less solid. Taken together, these indications suggest that the Times' reporting about Kavanaugh or Hardiman from this morning was accurate, but we won't know for certain until this evening. But the decision has been made. Here's what I know, followed by an intriguing piece of chatter that suggests that Barrett isn't out after all. And another that it could be Hardiman:

For now, I'll leave you with Allahpundit's guess that Trump will go with Barrett. Developing...

On the second piece of that equation, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has reportedly been working quietly behind the scenes to steer the White House toward the two nominees he views as the most easily confirmable:

Stalwart conservative court-watcher and expert Ed Whelan joined our radio show late last week and reinforced this point. Speaking of the big three, he said, "each is more than acceptable. Each is outstanding. Each should unify Conservative support." Perspective. By now, the president's decision has almost certainly been finalized (or maybe not, see update). We'll continue following all related developments as closely as possible, bringing you updates and analysis along the way. This is one of the most dramatic, high-stakes cliffhangers that exist in modern American politics, so stay tuned.....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...night-n2498331

Any way this goes.. it is a Win, a Win or a Win!

I love winning and am in no way tired of it yet!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-09-2018),stjames1_53 (07-09-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conservatives Ready Their War Chests For Major Supreme Court Fight.....

We're just hours away from President Trump making his official announcement from the White House about who will replace retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court.

Since Kennedy declared his retirement nearly two weeks ago, conservative groups have been gearing up for a battle of a lifetime as Democrats vow to do everything possible to block President Trump's choice.

The Judicial Crisis Network (JCN), whose leaders pushed Justice Neil Gorsuch over the finish line last year, are getting their war chests ready. Immediately after President Trump's decision Monday night, the group will launch a $1.4 million ad campaign. The ad will be dispersed on national television and across a number of large digital platforms. More importantly, JCN will be targeting the ad in red states with Democrat Senators: Alabama, North Dakota, Indiana and West Virginia. The ads will simply tell viewers who the nominee is and explain why they are qualified to sit on the Supreme Court.

For weeks, JCN has been running a different advertisement in an attempt to cut through Democrat fearmongering.

The Heritage Foundation and Federalist Society are also readying resources to ensure a nominee is confirmed. The two groups were key in developing the list of candidates used by President Trump to make a decision.....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...fight-n2498641

Thas Right the Koch brothers will nullify Bloomberg and Soros.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    Any way this goes.. it is a Win, a Win or a Win!

I love winning and am in no way tired of it yet!
    Time to steamroll the Demos and their Cult following. Treat them accordingly. No Mercy.

McConnell: 'Hard to keep a straight face' on Democrats' Supreme Court opposition....

Democratic opposition to President Trump’s pending Supreme Court pick is laughable, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday.

“It’s hard to keep a straight face when you hear stuff like that,” McConnell said Monday on the Senate floor.

McConnell accused the Democrats of fear-mongering.

“Give the American people some credit,” McConnell said. “This far-left rhetoric comes out every single time, but the apocalypse never happens.”....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...urt-opposition

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Key red-state Senate Democrats turn down invites to Trump's Supreme Court reveal.....

Four Senate Democrats from red states turned down invites to attend President Trump's planned Monday night announcement of his nominee to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy.

Sens. Joe Donnelly, D-Ind., Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D., Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Sen. Doug Jones, D-Ala., all rejected invitations to the White House for the announcement, which is set for 9 p.m. Eastern.

While the four will not be at the White house, 30 of the 50 Senate Republicans in town are expected to attend, according to Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas.

According to reports, Trump has made his decision after winnowing his choices down to Judge Brett Kavanaugh and Judge Thomas Hardiman......snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...e-court-reveal

LOL.....that butt-hurt-itis is setting in with the Demos and the leftness.

+ Reply to Thread