Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,861x in 10,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereigntist View Post
    To carolina73, the redistribution of excess wealth (that is, wealth collected after someone passes away) would be used exclusively to fund services everyone uses like educational institutions and hospitals. It would not be handed out in the form of paychecks to lazy people who think they will get free money for doing nothing.

To stjames1_53, it is very easy for someone to criticize the work of others without ever being productive themselves, but we have done our research and can provide more than enough facts to back up what we claim. So if you are going to criticize something you should at least know what you are criticizing first. If you had any actual questions about what is written in the book, I would gladly answer them the best I can. However, judging by your comments it is unlikely that you will read the book which is fine because no one is forcing you to read it.
    Take from the rich and give to the poor. Robin Hood.

Who's this we you're talking about?

What book? The Little Red Book? Mein Kampf? The Communist Manifesto? Be clearer.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (05-20-2020)

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Peter1469, money is and always has been the property of the government. If you think it belongs to you, try burning it in front of a police station. You will face either prison time or heavy fines. As for your property, you do not actually own it. Property tax, for example, is a levy on property that the owner is required to pay. However, property taxes prevent the complete ownership of property because if the property can be confiscated for taxes owed then the property never actually belonged to you in the first place. If you read Sovereignty, we make it very clear that an individual's will shall be respected, but that inheritance will be limited to one million dollars.
    I think this is the most absurd manifesto I've read. The Unibomber made more sense than this and he was $#@!ing crazy.

Who decided that it should be one million dollars? I own my property or the government couldn't tax it. All the money I make is mine and the government takes some of it.

You don't know a lick about real life. You live in some fairy tale world of witches and goblins.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-20-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not recall anyone consenting to make the Income Tax which is a “temporary wartime tax” permanent. And the money you earn from your labor is yours to keep, I was simply pointing out that government issued currency does not actually belong to us. And yes, we argue for a better system in the book.

Also, if an individual chooses to dispose all of their wealth prior to death it would help the economy not slow it down. Economic recessions are caused by a lack of spending not an abundance of it.

We have no intention of forcing or coercing anyone into doing anything, but allow readers to come to their own conclusion. We also address the issue of Weapons of Mass Destruction in the book.
    The income tax was never a war time tax.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,we have an actual crackpot here.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran1000 Experience Points
    Sovereigntist's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Chris, I did not need the full quote, I was just pointing out that when you omitted the words "tends to" it changed the context of your quote. For example, he is guilty vs he is not guilty. One word changes the entire context.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    We don't want those institutions to succeed.They are all blood suckers.The poor are almost all poor by choice. If you want to work you can.
    You do not want them to succeed? In other words, you want countries to continue fighting with one another and for their citizens to remain in poverty. And being "poor by choice" is the most absurd thing anyone has ever said. No one chooses or wants to be poor.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,486x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To Chris, I did not need the full quote, I was just pointing out that when you omitted the words "tends to" it changed the context of your quote. For example, he is guilty vs he is not guilty. One word changes the entire context.
    It didn't change the meaning, which you avoid.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-25-2020)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,458x in 20,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    The income tax was never a war time tax.
    The original intent of income tax was to support the war effort of this country in declared wars. It was to pay off the war debt.
    but it was leveraged on business owners and those who had a "profit" not the wage earner.
    Congress changed all of that once the SCOTUS called them down on it. That created a vacuum and was promptly filled with the 16th A.
    Realize of course that it was used to pay a user fee from the Fed Res because we use their currency.
    Then along comes FDR who capitalized upon it and turned America into a welfare state, passing the bill along to the new found taxpayers. With that, along came out of control Keynesian spending: Spend today what you don't have, pass it forward along with deficits, and keep the taxpayer enslaved to the Fed Res with the US Treasury acting like a bagman for the bank.

The fed res contracts about a 15 cents per bill printed by the treasury. They (fed res) then "loan" the face value back to us. If we borrowed twenty dollars, we pay them twenty plus interest. But their only investment was 15 cents for the twenty dollar bill, plus the interest.
    Let's say I'm a bank. I put your assets in my safe and charge you a minimum fee. Let's give this a value of one hundred dollars, and it is all the money there is. I sweet talk you into investing in some short term loans to increase their money.
    Remember, all I have is on hundred dollars. Several people come to me wanting a loan, so I offer them a loan with a simple interest and I eventually loan out the 100 dollars, but I promised the owner of the money that he would make money on his "investment."
    The total loan value was for $125 with the interest. Where do the borrowers get the interest to repay the loan? There's only a hundred bucks in circulation, but the bank is expecting that interest.
    What to do......well, we can inflate the value of the money to "create" more value on the backside. Now I claim the $100 is worth $200 (inflation) and loan more money to get cash circulating so I can recoup my original money plus interest.
    Interest is created out of thin air. There really isn't any more money, it's just been inflated to appear to be more than there really is. It's still only a hundred bucks, but now there's interest to be collected. In the mean time, property has been offered up as collateral, which of course is the main intent. Something of value for nothing given. Fiat money is just that. It has no value except for what the lenders say it has.
    I can hardly wait for the replies, but let me leave you with one last thought: Why would you pay $250,000 for a $75,000 dollar home? It may be that it's worth even less than $75,000 due to inflation, but because the "market" calls for it, you pay the principle and the interest.
    The fed res can set the interest rates to absolute zero, but you wont see that when you borrow money. You still pay the interest which ends up in the banks controlled by the Fed Res.
    Doubt me? The current interest rates from the fed res are at historic lows: Zero.
    Now go try to borrow money without having incurred the interest. Wont happened, can't happen. We are still being charged by the fed res for using their currency, and not ours. (check the top of the 20 in your wallet and see who's name is on it)
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Sovereigntist (05-20-2020)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,458x in 20,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not want them to succeed? In other words, you want countries to continue fighting with one another and for their citizens to remain in poverty. And being "poor by choice" is the most absurd thing anyone has ever said. No one chooses or wants to be poor.
    Yep. It ain't our fight. I was born poor, but I worked my way out of it. I didn't take handouts or beg for money.
    You once accused me of being a non-productive member of society of which you were dead-assed wrong.
    You are the non-productive one. You want other people to pay your way...............sugar coat this.................
    There will always be poor no matter how much different you want it to be.
    I work for my house, not yours.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-25-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To stjames1_53, Now I understand why you are so hostile with me. When I said "it is very easy for someone to criticize the work of others without ever being productive themselves" I did not mean in the physical sense but in the written sense. A lot of people "judge a book by its cover" without ever investing the time to read it or write one themselves. I do not doubt that you are a hardworking individual, so I hope that we can put that slight misunderstanding behind us. I also appreciate you informing Captdon on the truth about the Income Tax.

+ Reply to Thread