User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Governor Vetoes Anti-Sanctuary Bill After Illegal Alien Charged With R

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North Carolina Governor Vetoes Anti-Sanctuary Bill After Illegal Alien Charged With R

Democratic North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper vetoed a bill that would have mandated local law enforcement officials in the state to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Cooper on Wednesday vetoed House Bill 370, titled “An Act to Require Compliance with Immigration Detainers and Administrative Warrants.” If the legislation had been signed into law, sheriffs and other law enforcement officials working in North Carolina would be required to honor ICE detainer requests.

CE regularly sends detainer requests to detention centers holding suspects believed to be living in the U.S. illegally. These requests ask that suspects remain in custody until ICE agents are able to retrieve them. Under the North Carolina bill, authorities who do not honor detainers would be subject to dismissal. Such a law, which has been signed in other states, would clamp down on “sanctuary” cities and other municipalities that explicitly ignore ICE detainer requests.

“This legislation is simply about scoring partisan political points and using fear to divide North Carolina,” Cooper said in a Wednesday press release. “This bill, in addition to being unconstitutional, weakens law enforcement in North Carolina by mandating sheriffs to do the job of federal agents, using local resources that could hurt their ability to protect their counties.”

The bill was passed by North Carolina’s Republican-controlled Legislature, with GOP members ripping the Democratic governor for the veto.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/08/...ged-with-rape/
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,629x in 56,017 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m going to predict that this won’t go over well with the majority of NC voters.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-23-2019)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, hopefully, we can vote out Cooper next year.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    I’m going to predict that this won’t go over well with the majority of NC voters.
    North Carolina has some huge pockets of extreme liberalism in cities like Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh who would gladly support the veto. Furthermore, there are large farms that relies on migrant workers. Also you need to include the tourist areas that need low wage hotel staff to keep up profits. No, I would think this will not be hotly contested in the state.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,182
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    North Carolina has some huge pockets of extreme liberalism in cities like Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh who would gladly support the veto. Furthermore, there are large farms that relies on migrant workers. Also you need to include the tourist areas that need low wage hotel staff to keep up profits. No, I would think this will not be hotly contested in the state.
    Good on you for acknowledging that the opposition to measures such as that bill comes from somewhere other than "liberals wanting to replace working White Americans with brown, Democratic-voting welfare recipients". I somehow doubt that many, let alone most, of those farm owners or hotel operators could be accurately so described.

What I'm really surprised about is that neither the OP's author nor any of this thread's subsequent contributors have yet called for the Governor to be impeached, "run out of town on a rail" or otherwise gotten out of the way. Well, the day is young - I'm sure someone will get around to that.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,020x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, the Constitution means as little to them as it does to Trump.

I guess they like losing lawsuits.

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...cases_2018.pdf

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the governor should be impeached.

There, have a nice day.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    I think the governor should be impeached.

There, have a nice day.
    I like Georgia peaches better. Now North Carolina grows some good apples.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Good on you for acknowledging that the opposition to measures such as that bill comes from somewhere other than "liberals wanting to replace working White Americans with brown, Democratic-voting welfare recipients". I somehow doubt that many, let alone most, of those farm owners or hotel operators could be accurately so described.

What I'm really surprised about is that neither the OP's author nor any of this thread's subsequent contributors have yet called for the Governor to be impeached, "run out of town on a rail" or otherwise gotten out of the way. Well, the day is young - I'm sure someone will get around to that.
    The farmers want low cost labor. That is available with migrant workers. Many of those migrants are illegal aliens. So they are supporting the sanctuary system for their own interest. Do they hire them because they are brown welfare recipients? No, of course not, they hire them because they are cheap and don't complain about working conditions. They don't "want to replace working Americans" they want to hire someone to work their fields or slaughter their hogs. Americans, between better conditions from either welfare or better paying jobs, don't want to work in the fields. They have better things to do. However, I do believe welfare has destroyed the work incentive for millions of Americans. I have always said welfare should be "tiered" rather than all or nothing. Then workers can earn enough to survive until they gain experience and move up the ladder. I would envision a $1.00 drop in welfare for every $2.00 increase in income until they have passed twice the top welfare amount.

BTW, I don't think illegals vote in huge numbers. I do think they are counted as citizens and that increases the size of the House of Representatives in favor of the Democrats. This was the same issue in the counting of slaves as whole human beings before the War Between the States.

Don't put words into my post.
    Last edited by nathanbforrest45; 08-23-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,182
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    The farmers want low cost labor. That is available with migrant workers. Many of those migrants are illegal aliens. So they are supporting the sanctuary system for their own interest. Do they hire them because they are brown welfare recipients? No, of course not, they hire them because they are cheap and don't complain about working conditions. They don't "want to replace working Americans" they want to hire someone to work their fields or slaughter their hogs. Americans, between better conditions from either welfare or better paying jobs, don't want to work in the fields. They have better things to do. However, I do believe welfare has destroyed the work incentive for millions of Americans. I have always said welfare should be "tiered" rather than all or nothing. Then workers can earn enough to survive until they gain experience and move up the ladder. I would envision a $1.00 drop in welfare for every $2.00 increase in income until they have passed twice the top welfare amount.

BTW, I don't think illegals vote in huge numbers. I do think they are counted as citizens and that increases the size of the House of Representatives in favor of the Democrats. This was the same issue in the counting of slaves as whole human beings before the War Between the States.

Don't put words into my post.
    I didn't put anything into your post, and I agree with virtually every word of your post, above.

My point was simply to agree with you that just as not every "liberal" is in favor of illegal immigration, not every "conservative" is necessarily opposed to it. Those who directly benefit financially from their labor obviously have a vested interest in their coming and remaining here. I favor organized, strictly monitored programs to bring guest workers in to our country - not "open borders", which is the lie/straw man that many conservatives promote.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

alexa (08-23-2019)

+ Reply to Thread