User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: N.C. state lawmaker who sponsored "bathroom bill" wins GOP primary in redo election

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N.C. state lawmaker who sponsored "bathroom bill" wins GOP primary in redo election

A North Carolina state senator who sponsored the state's controversial anti-transgender "bathroom bill" has won the Republican primary for the 9th Congressional seat. The North Carolina Board of Elections in January called for a new election after a months-long investigation into alleged absentee ballot fraud.

Sen. Dan Bishop topped nine other GOP candidates seeking the 9th Congressional District nomination. The Charlotte attorney raised the most in campaign contributions, seeded with $250,000 from his personal accounts.

In 2016, he sponsored House Bill 2, the law that voided a Charlotte ordinance expanding LGBT rights and prevented similar anti-discrimination rules anywhere else in the state. HB2 was nicknamed the "bathroom bill" because it also directed transgender people to use public bathrooms and showers that matched their birth sex. The measure made waves nationally and prompted boycotts by entertainers, governments and some businesses thinking about moving jobs to North Carolina.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dan-bis...redo-election/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-15-2019)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well folks, I'm going to shock you this morning by announcing my personal endorsement of Mr. Bishop's bid for this seat, marking my first Republican endorsement ever.

As with other Republicans, there is, on balance, little I agree with about what Bishop stands for. However, the fact that Bishop is best-known for sponsoring legislation banning men from women's restrooms (which apparently somehow constitutes a terrible form of "discrimination" against men ) suggests to me that his would be a particularly strong voice on an issue that I care about a lot. Transgender politics pose perhaps the greatest danger to women's rights and interests at this time in America, I believe.

I remember what happened to North Carolina when they passed the so-called bathroom bill. I've never seen anything like it before in my life. Never before in my life have I seen corporate America writ large essentially decide to impose voluntary economic sanctions on an entire U.S. state before. Officially I was supportive at the time (because *officially* I supported transgender politics at the time), but the truth is that, privately, said development terrified me.

A handful of prominent feminists have been trying to replicate the state boycott phenomenon in Georgia lately over the state's ridiculous new "heartbeat bill", but of course no comparable response has come from the powers that be. Why not? The consistency between these two developments lies in consistent corporate opposition to women's rights: North Carolina's "bathroom bill" protected women's right to privacy and safety, prompting the boycott, while Georgia's "heartbeat bill" greatly reduces the right of women to bodily autonomy, prompting no commercial response. That delusional actors like Alyssa Milano actually thought there was some kind of overlap between the interests of the transgender movement and those of women is the laughable thing here that is disproven by these contrasting developments. Now perhaps some of them will find themselves forced into a different realization.

I suspect Dan Bishop has a real chance to win this seat, and particularly to garner the support of women.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 05-15-2019 at 05:31 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-16-2019),Rationalist (05-19-2019)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) What's controversial about a law forbidding men from entering the ladies room?

2) Why is it only the Republican who gets an election re-do when absentee ballot fraud is alleged? What about the other 434 cases where the Rodent does it?

3) What's "ridiculous" about a law protecting babies? Is there some reason the bimbos can't control their bodies so they don't get knocked up in the first place? Anyone on the left know of any sure-fire methods of not getting pregnant?
    Last edited by Sergeant Gleed; 05-15-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Well folks, I'm going to shock you this morning by announcing my personal endorsement of Mr. Bishop's bid for this seat, marking my first Republican endorsement ever.

As with other Republicans, there is, on balance, little I agree with about what Bishop stands for. However, the fact that Bishop is best-known for sponsoring legislation banning men from women's restrooms (which apparently somehow constitutes a terrible form of "discrimination" against men ) suggests to me that his would be a particularly strong voice on an issue that I care about a lot. Transgender politics pose perhaps the greatest danger to women's rights and interests at this time in America, I believe.

I remember what happened to North Carolina when they passed the so-called bathroom bill. I've never seen anything like it before in my life. Never before in my life have I seen corporate America writ large essentially decide to impose voluntary economic sanctions on an entire U.S. state before. Officially I was supportive at the time (because *officially* I supported transgender politics at the time), but the truth is that, privately, said development terrified me.

A handful of prominent feminists have been trying to replicate the state boycott phenomenon in Georgia lately over the state's ridiculous new "heartbeat bill", but of course no comparable response has come from the powers that be. Why not? The consistency between these two developments lies in consistent corporate opposition to women's rights: North Carolina's "bathroom bill" protected women's right to privacy and safety, prompting the boycott, while Georgia's "heartbeat bill" greatly reduces the right of women to bodily autonomy, prompting no commercial response. That delusional actors like Alyssa Milano actually thought there was some kind of overlap between the interests of the transgender movement and those of women is the laughable thing here that is disproven by these contrasting developments. Now perhaps some of them will find themselves forced into a different realization.

I suspect Dan Bishop has a real chance to win this seat, and particularly to garner the support of women.
    Polly, it was you are your ilk that painted yourselves into this corner.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Polly, it was you are your ilk that painted yourselves into this corner.
    Why must you find a way of objecting to everything I say even when we clearly agree in substance? Go $#@!ing blow yourself!

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Sergeant Gleed;2603277]1) What's controversial about a law forbidding men from entering the ladies room?

2) Why is it only the Republican who gets an election re-do when absentee ballot fraud is alleged? What about the other 434 cases where the Rodent does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    3) What's "ridiculous" about a law protecting babies? Is there some reason the bimbos can't control their bodies so they don't get knocked up in the first place? Anyone on the left know of any sure-fire methods of not getting pregnant?
    Nothing, if it really protected babies, but it doesn't. It just ensures that they will be born to people who don't want them and are unlikely to provide them with a good life. It may guarantee that they will end up in the foster care system where most of their care will be provided by people who are only interested in the fee that they get. It will guarantee that most will be despised by the right and considered the scum of the earth and not worthy of the cost of their upkeep. They will most likely attend the worst schools, with the worst teachers where they will learn/be taught that they have no opportunities and that they will eventually provide a profit for the industrial private for profit prison system.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    EvilCat Breath's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 965x in 637 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It settles the Russian adoption issue. We have so few children up for adoption that wannabe parents adopt from Russia, China and Africa.

Abortion has murdered 60 million Americans. 60 million dead is a staggering number. Were there 60 million rape victims? Were there 60 million incest victims? Deduct the number of incest victims that were willing. Were 60 million women dying in the delivery room whose lives could only be saved by an abortion? How many parents adopted foreign children while the American left was slaking its bloodlust

There was a doctor saying that late term abortions are only medically necessary when the baby has died. If the child is viable they perform a c section. So how many of the 60 million dead is necessary?

This puts us up there with the greatest mass murderers of all bloody history. We are worse than Vlad the Impaler.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilCat Breath View Post
    It settles the Russian adoption issue. We have so few children up for adoption that wannabe parents adopt from Russia, China and Africa.

Abortion has murdered 60 million Americans. 60 million dead is a staggering number. Were there 60 million rape victims? Were there 60 million incest victims? Deduct the number of incest victims that were willing. Were 60 million women dying in the delivery room whose lives could only be saved by an abortion? How many parents adopted foreign children while the American left was slaking its bloodlust

There was a doctor saying that late term abortions are only medically necessary when the baby has died. If the child is viable they perform a c section. So how many of the 60 million dead is necessary?

This puts us up there with the greatest mass murderers of all bloody history. We are worse than Vlad the Impaler.
    Russia has an adoption issue. They knowingly adopt off their troubled children and lie about their physical and mental health issues. There was a case many years ago where an American family adopted a Russian kid (don't remember his age, but he was not a baby.) The kids was a little monster and the family had to fight to return him- they felt he was a danger to them and their other children.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread