Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Border Patrol under scrutiny for deadly force

http://www.wral.com/border-patrol-un...orce/11771714/

U.S. Border Patrol agents and local police gave chase on foot — from bushes to behind homes, then back to the fence.
    The conflict escalated. Authorities say they were being pelted with rocks. An agent responded by aiming a gun into Mexico and firing multiple shots at the assailant, killing a 16-year-old boy whose family says was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rocks can kill and who throws rocks at people with guns? Notice behind homes?
    What do you think they would do to a person without a gun?

How would any of you like to put up with this every day? Residents need to start shooting people trespassing and putting their lives in danger.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,273x in 3,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, I'm going to say this: It sucks that it happened, my heart goes out to that kid and his family. BUT, that country is going to need to learn eventually that the U.S. is not just some free zone for them to come and make chaos for our citizens in. They wouldn't like it if we came over there and started to make hell for everyone who lives there, taking their jobs, pushing drugs into their towns, murdering people without punishment, all this without a dime into their taxes.

A lesson learned is not worth the price of that family's well-being, who would I be to say that it is? But what's done is done, and it's certainly *NOT* the Border Patrol's fault that it happened. If those cartels learn a lesson here, that's the best that can come of this. Any investigation could lead to a nervousness in Border Patrols not to shoot a single bullet for fear of repercussions. This fear, this nervousness, it could cause U.S. lives to be lost, and we cannot have any more of that.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrassrootsConservative For This Useful Post:

oceanloverOH (11-14-2012),roadmaster (11-14-2012)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm

I have several problems with this one. Police, which is what is border patrol, have a lot of power to begin with. Adding guns to the mix too easily escalates. In this case it sounds like after being pelted with rocks and not nabbing any suspects someone got overly frustrated and opened fire without knowing the circumstances...in other words they shot into a crowd and killed a 16 year old boy.

Nope, I would not say these guys need to be disciplined, but I would suggest new approaches need to be brought to bear. Who were these people pelting rocks? Illegals themselves? And why no arrests for obstruction of justice and/or assault?

The crime of crossing a border illegally should not be a capital crime. With that, yeah a wall with gators and such sounds right to me.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,534x in 7,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    http://www.wral.com/border-patrol-un...orce/11771714/

U.S. Border Patrol agents and local police gave chase on foot — from bushes to behind homes, then back to the fence.
    The conflict escalated. Authorities say they were being pelted with rocks. An agent responded by aiming a gun into Mexico and firing multiple shots at the assailant, killing a 16-year-old boy whose family says was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rocks can kill and who throws rocks at people with guns? Notice behind homes?
    What do you think they would do to a person without a gun?

How would any of you like to put up with this every day? Residents need to start shooting people trespassing and putting their lives in danger.
    I can see you're outraged ... I think you should form a citizens action committee calling for the impeachment of Issa & Chaffetz and that you want Fast & Furious reinstated.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Hmmmm

I have several problems with this one. Police, which is what is border patrol, have a lot of power to begin with. Adding guns to the mix too easily escalates. In this case it sounds like after being pelted with rocks and not nabbing any suspects someone got overly frustrated and opened fire without knowing the circumstances...in other words they shot into a crowd and killed a 16 year old boy.

Nope, I would not say these guys need to be disciplined, but I would suggest new approaches need to be brought to bear. Who were these people pelting rocks? Illegals themselves? And why no arrests for obstruction of justice and/or assault?

The crime of crossing a border illegally should not be a capital crime. With that, yeah a wall with gators and such sounds right to me.
    They don't have many border patrol officers so someone must to have called them. Women and children get raped, abducted, and killed but you don't hear this on the news. Only time anything is said is when something goes wrong and a illegal is killed or the wrong one. Some have over 20 miles to protect themselves. Yes, the illegals were throwing the rocks. Men have been killed just calling them in on their cell phones. They will kill Americans if they think they will get caught. Something needs to be done about protecting Americans near the border. If they are brave enough to throw rocks at patrol officers, what do you think they will do to unarmed people?

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    I can see you're outraged ... I think you should form a citizens action committee calling for the impeachment of Issa & Chaffetz and that you want Fast & Furious reinstated.
    Yes and I don't live there. Have spoken to many and it's a danger every night for them. Not all are just throwing rocks but are armed.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    Look, I'm going to say this: It sucks that it happened, my heart goes out to that kid and his family. BUT, that country is going to need to learn eventually that the U.S. is not just some free zone for them to come and make chaos for our citizens in. They wouldn't like it if we came over there and started to make hell for everyone who lives there, taking their jobs, pushing drugs into their towns, murdering people without punishment, all this without a dime into their taxes.

A lesson learned is not worth the price of that family's well-being, who would I be to say that it is? But what's done is done, and it's certainly *NOT* the Border Patrol's fault that it happened. If those cartels learn a lesson here, that's the best that can come of this. Any investigation could lead to a nervousness in Border Patrols not to shoot a single bullet for fear of repercussions. This fear, this nervousness, it could cause U.S. lives to be lost, and we cannot have any more of that.
    Unfortunately, the U.S. is sending the message that it is some kind of free zone. Barry's first amnesty won't be his last. Illegals commit all sorts of crime along the border but it is the Border Patrol that gets prosecuted.

If you'd like a study in contrasts, compare U.S. immigration laws to those of Mexico. In Mexico, if a foreigner engages in any overt political activity, such as demonstrations, they are promptly evicted. In order to get a visa, you have to show substantial income. You can and are stopped for no reason and asked to show your visa. If you don't have one, you're evicted. No court, no lawyers, you're just thrown out. That is, if you are lucky. In some cases you might end up in a Mexican jail.

You can't work in Mexico without the right visa and if you are caught doing otherwise, you are evicted and your employer is shut down and the business confiscated.

In general though, if you are legal, the system in Mexico is very accomodative and friendly. It is easy to get visitors and/or temporary resident visas.

In other words, Mexican immigration policy is run for the benefit of Mexicans and legal visitors, not illegals. The U.S. should adopt their policies. It is ironic that they demand the right to enter and work in the U.S. illegally while they sure as heck don't tolerate same at home.

+ Reply to Thread