Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect "easy" beans crock pot recipe

I want to share my perfected easy pot of beans recipe. It can be prepared in five mins or less. This is something anyone can make. I use pinto beans in this specific recipe. The garlic powder may sound like a lot but trust me this gives a true richness to the flavor like nothing else.

Ingredients:
    Pinto beans, garlic powder, Himalayan salt (you can use any salt you like), water

Clean pinto beans, fill your crock pot about 1/4 full of beans. I have a small 3 qt crock pot, and I put about 4 cups of dried pinto beans in it. To wash I just put the beans in the crockpot and agitate the beans in some water. I scrub them with my hands. Then I drain the water I use my hand to prevent the beans from falling out. I do this 2 or 3 times.

Important while putting the beans in the crockpot make sure you look for rocks. I just pour them in slowly and pay attention.

Once the beans are clean for my 3 qt crock pot I put in 1 tablespoon, and 1 tsp of Himalayan pink salt. You can use slightly less if you want. I put in lots of garlic powder. 4 tablespoons of garlic powder. Then fill the crock pot with water, all the way to the top, and let cook on high for 6 hours or more, I prefer to cook on high for 8 hours, but they are edible around 6 hrs normally. I put them on before I go to sleep. You will have to top off the water once or twice. Make sure to keep it filled with water. When they are done you can put them on warm and leave them on all day if you want to. It wont hurt a thing.

These beans will be perfect every time.

You can eat these as a bowl of beans, put some beans in your bowl, and some of the bean juice, the juice is really good. You can eat it plain just like this and it is still amazing. If you want to doctor it up you can add a spoon of salsa to the bowl of beans, and some fresh diced veggies. I like to add different onions, white, red, green, and some cilantro, and diced tomato. This alone is a wonderful meal. This is one of the main foods in my diet. I eat this nearly every day. You can also put a spoonful of these beans on a salad and that is wonderful as well.

Here is a pic of my bowl of beans after it is fresh cooked. I added onions, and cilantro, and tomato, and a spoon of chili oil.

DSC03071.jpg

Then I stirred it all up and mixed it together here is the final product.

DSC03073.jpg
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 06-07-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (06-07-2019),Captain Obvious (06-07-2019),FindersKeepers (08-19-2019),Helena (08-19-2019),MisterVeritis (09-30-2019),Peter1469 (06-07-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (10-03-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,069
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AZ Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319x in 2,953 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making me hungry JAP. Looks delicious and I love your use of cilantro....
    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I digress....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ Jim For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-07-2019),Orion Rules (06-07-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (10-03-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    Making me hungry JAP. Looks delicious and I love your use of cilantro....
    Thank you Jim, I love cilantro. It is really one of the best parts of the meal, and it is good for you too. They say it is even a natural chelator. I don't know but it sure tastes good. :)
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (06-07-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (10-03-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,069
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AZ Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319x in 2,953 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mexican food would suffer if sans cilantro...
    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I digress....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ Jim For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-07-2019),Orion Rules (07-26-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,579x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-07-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also forgot to mention that one cup of pinto beans has near 800mg of potassium. https://oureverydaylife.com/455620-t...its-foods.html They say we need up to 4500mg per day of Potassium. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...r-day#section5

I have heard that white beans are the highest in Potassium. This site says one cup of cooked white beans have over 1,000mg's of Potassium. http://spiritfoods.net/foods-rich-in-potassium/ Pretty amazing.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get the rocks out of dried beans pour them out on a large sheet pan. You'll be able to swish them about palms down finding any stones easily. Rocks make a non-bean sound on the metal sheet pan too.

I would be tempted to add some smoked pork product in with the beans or rendered bacon fat. I know, it's bad for you but so good TO you.

Your recipes always inspire me to go to the store and cook something JAP. TBH as I get closer to home I get lazy and fall back on peanut butter on toasted sourdough and ice cold milk because i'm too tired to go through the trouble.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try that
    my junk is ugly

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    To get the rocks out of dried beans pour them out on a large sheet pan. You'll be able to swish them about palms down finding any stones easily. Rocks make a non-bean sound on the metal sheet pan too.

I would be tempted to add some smoked pork product in with the beans or rendered bacon fat. I know, it's bad for you but so good TO you.

Your recipes always inspire me to go to the store and cook something JAP. TBH as I get closer to home I get lazy and fall back on peanut butter on toasted sourdough and ice cold milk because i'm too tired to go through the trouble.
    That is good advice. I wouldn't have thought of that. I used to sort them by hand. I would grab one handful at a time and look at it carefully and then toss it in. But I have found that at least to me that the rocks stand out easily. So I put them in a jar and just slowly dump them in the crock pot and look carefully for the rocks. But it also depends on your eyesight too. I imagine I wont always be able to see them, LoL. That is good sound advice, pun intended. :)

Yeah you can add pork products, why not. There are no rules. Make it how ever you like it. It will still be good for you and nutritious. What matters the most in cooking is the happiness factor. If it makes you happy when you eat it then you made it right. If you are unsatisfied and feel like something is missing what is the fun in that? For me food is a joyful thing.

I know what you mean about the lazy thing. This is part of why I make a big batch of beans or rice. I refrigerate it in a large container and then I can just get some out an microwave it and it is very little work. When I make a big pot of beans they last about five days or so, same with the chopped vegetables. It helps when you don't feel like doing the work.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BenjaminO's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,735x in 1,363 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I want to share my perfected easy pot of beans recipe. It can be prepared in five mins or less. This is something anyone can make. I use pinto beans in this specific recipe. The garlic powder may sound like a lot but trust me this gives a true richness to the flavor like nothing else.

Ingredients:
    Pinto beans, garlic powder, Himalayan salt (you can use any salt you like), water

Clean pinto beans, fill your crock pot about 1/4 full of beans. I have a small 3 qt crock pot, and I put about 4 cups of dried pinto beans in it. To wash I just put the beans in the crockpot and agitate the beans in some water. I scrub them with my hands. Then I drain the water I use my hand to prevent the beans from falling out. I do this 2 or 3 times.

Important while putting the beans in the crockpot make sure you look for rocks. I just pour them in slowly and pay attention.

Once the beans are clean for my 3 qt crock pot I put in 1 tablespoon, and 1 tsp of Himalayan pink salt. You can use slightly less if you want. I put in lots of garlic powder. 4 tablespoons of garlic powder. Then fill the crock pot with water, all the way to the top, and let cook on high for 6 hours or more, I prefer to cook on high for 8 hours, but they are edible around 6 hrs normally. I put them on before I go to sleep. You will have to top off the water once or twice. Make sure to keep it filled with water. When they are done you can put them on warm and leave them on all day if you want to. It wont hurt a thing.

These beans will be perfect every time.

You can eat these as a bowl of beans, put some beans in your bowl, and some of the bean juice, the juice is really good. You can eat it plain just like this and it is still amazing. If you want to doctor it up you can add a spoon of salsa to the bowl of beans, and some fresh diced veggies. I like to add different onions, white, red, green, and some cilantro, and diced tomato. This alone is a wonderful meal. This is one of the main foods in my diet. I eat this nearly every day. You can also put a spoonful of these beans on a salad and that is wonderful as well.

Here is a pic of my bowl of beans after it is fresh cooked. I added onions, and cilantro, and tomato, and a spoon of chili oil.

Attachment 26140

Then I stirred it all up and mixed it together here is the final product.

Attachment 26141
    Just made up the grocery list.
    Sounds and looks delicious.
    Thanks.
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminO For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (07-28-2019)